Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: A Very Impressed newbie :)

A Very Impressed newbie :)

I am 65 y.o and just retired. I have smoked since I was 15 y.o and up to yesterday was smoking 2 x 50gr pouches of White Ox per week (about 50 cigs per day).

I decided to get the e-cigs because with more time on my hands now that i am retired (sitting at the computer) i would just light up even more without even thinking about it. My objective in getting the e-cig was to cut down... somehow ration myself,,,, it was never about giving up ... i thought that was beyond me.

My starter pack arrived yesterday ... i charged the batteries overnite ... and today I started my new life. As I said, my objective was not to give up.... just cut down.... BUT it was strange.

My mind encouraged me to fight my addiction.

Every time my mind thought of a cigarette (50 years of habit) it reminded me of my new option - the e-cig. And I only now need a couple of choofs to get it out of my head. That's the real big change - if i roll a ciggie... i smoke it all (dont waste) ... but with an e-cig, i just have a puff or 2 to ease the craving. I accept that when my body craves nicotine it will think of a cigarette. But we are creatures of habit .. i just need to teach my body a new habit. Body craves a ciggie.... puff the e-ciggie and let the craving go away.

OK ... i know that a person with 7 hours experience is hardly an inspiration. But if you knew me.... 7 hours is unbelievable.

I do have one problem though. I bought a starter kit with eGo CE5 and 1000ma battery. I was delivered a eGo ce40 and 650ma battery.
    Of course I can complain (which i will) - but given I have had such a good start to this, i dont want to interrupt it with returning a product.... even if it is inferior to what I ordered and paid for.
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 24 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosco View Post
    I am 65 y.o and just retired. I have smoked since I was 15 y.o and up to yesterday was smoking 2 x 50gr pouches of White Ox per week (about 50 cigs per day).

I decided to get the e-cigs because with more time on my hands now that i am retired (sitting at the computer) i would just light up even more without even thinking about it. My objective in getting the e-cig was to cut down... somehow ration myself,,,, it was never about giving up ... i thought that was beyond me.

My starter pack arrived yesterday ... i charged the batteries overnite ... and today I started my new life. As I said, my objective was not to give up.... just cut down.... BUT it was strange.

Every time my mind thought of a cigarette (50 years of habit) it reminded me of my new option - the e-cig. And I only now need a couple of choofs to get it out of my head. That's the real big change - if i roll a ciggie... i smoke it all (dont waste) ... but with an e-cig, i just have a puff or 2 to ease the craving. I accept that when my body craves nicotine it will think of a cigarette. But we are creatures of habit .. i just need to teach my body a new habit. Body craves a ciggie.... puff the e-ciggie and let the craving go away.

OK ... i know that a person with 7 hours experience is hardly an inspiration. But if you knew me.... 7 hours is unbelievable.

I do have one problem though. I bought a starter kit with eGo CE5 and 1000ma battery. I was delivered a eGo ce40 and 650ma battery.
    Of course I can complain (which i will) - but given I have had such a good start to this, i dont want to interrupt it with returning a product.... even if it is inferior to what I ordered and paid for.
    That's awesome if you can turn your cutting down to actually quitting. Just remember that it takes a little longer for the nicotine hit, so in the mornings just fight the crave

The 650mah battery will be a smaller device cosmetically as well as battery (and it's life). It is useful to have a second device for backup so maybe it's worth talking to the supplier and getting them to send you a 1000mah for the price of the 650?

Anyways, there are no stupid questions here at AVF so ask away.
    margyb, darkhorsefkn and spud like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    WELL DONE You are a legend. Welcome to the rest of your life.

The main difference betwen the 650 amd 1000 batteries is merely the time between charges its not necessarily an inferior product. To be honest I havent found much of difference between the ce4 and ce5s either really but others can tell you more on that subject.
    margyb and SweeetIlluzions like this.

AVF Regular
    Good stuff Brosco. I was in exactly the same place 5 months ago.

27 years smoking over a pack a day.

I've only had one real cigarette since my ego batteries arrived (that was because I needed to clean the wicks in my clearomizer and was stuck at work with no vapor)

That cigarette tasted like burning plastic, it was like I'd lit up the wrong end of the thing.

My will to have a cigarette disappeared almost immediately after my starter kit arrived.

As a heavy smoker i wanted the 1000ma so that i did not need to rely on one option or a short term one... if i am avoiding cigs, I need all the help i can get all the time.... so the susbstitution without comment was fraud.. I guess I am also annoyed when suppliers take advantage. Lets face it .... how many experienced users will buy a starter kit?
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Brosco, awsome work old chap, these things are good eh?
    If you are still with only the one battery by Wednesday, we'll send you a few 1000+ spares.
    We're out of the office until Wed morning or I'd offer right now to express you a couple.
    Noe, Robray, lozza 82 and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I agree Brosco is pretty poor from their point of view, I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brosco View Post

Congrats....I like you have just recently moved away from smoking analogues for about 20 years. It felt very strange at first and I even walked out the front door to smoke outside before realising I didn't have to anymore. Habits are a hard thing to break, here's hoping your continued success
    spud likes this.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Well done Brosco.

It only gets easier to avoid the fags.

Re your kit...contact the supplier, it could just be an honest mistake. And how do you know it is a 650? Was it labelled? You will need more than one battery anyway, ssstahly's suggestion was a good one to take to the supplier.

Good luck with it all.

AVF Regular
    Hooray! Someone who admits to being older than me (though not by much) Very well done, Brosco!

But if you knew me.... 7 hours is unbelievable.
    I was in much the same position, and didn't really intend to give up smoking either. I was just giving vaping a go - but I haven't had (or wanted) a cigarette since I started vaping over three months ago. Prior to vaping, I had assumed I would have a cigarette in my mouth on my death bed. It's amazing what's possible
    margyb and spud like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast