Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: From insane antics big things grow (Apologies Archie Roach)

AVF Regular

From insane antics big things grow (Apologies Archie Roach)

I started smoking nigh on 20 years ago. Pinching Mum and Dads cigarettes the classical "behind the shelter sheds" start to nicotine impressing everyone around me.

At 42 with two children and several stopping smoking attempts with varying results/efforts behind me I accidently found vaping.

A lot of my information was found by people talking and then some google research took me down a path that was 100% right for ME which was prefilled cartomisers and small batteries. Have a crack you tools but I haven`t had a ciggie in nine weeks.

This has stopped a pack a day smoker in his tracks whilst not being the cheapest alternative it has worked. The majority of the the information I obtained was from AVP and vapefox.

It pains me to watch a community that has helped me, and so many like me, tear itself apart over the view that vaping is "not commercial"

Both sides of the argument need to take a breath and think that my Wife Meg and two little boys Jack and James appreciate the input EVERY PERSON here as that's what has stopped their Dad killing himself.

I guess what this is about is whenever you want to fire a nasty post think about my family and how its changed their future............and the person who like me googles "ecig Australia" you`re the first thing they see

yeah and your post really adds a positive vibe, I can feel the smug, righteous glow from here...

you do realize you are digging over something that has actually started to wane and you are NOT helping?
    Last edited by Cumulonimbus; 05-10-13 at 12:58 AM.
    mattydredd and coopz like this.

AVF Regular
    if you choose to vape, who gives a fk how you do it. I *assume* many on here started with cigalikes, i did. It was the least complicated. It was more important that i got into it than how i got into it.

From what i have seen here in this forum, if you post that you have given up or cut down cigs via vaping you will get an avalanche of support.

People are generally fighting (imho) because they can see a shitstorm coming, legislation arriving derived from FEAR, UNCERTAINTY and DOUBT through lies and bad media and have different ideas about defending or representing themselves individually or as a group against this.
    GirlyPantz, Quom, Driesy77 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I was attempting to put a positive spin on discussions that have helped me and from what I can gather its pretty much not welcome. I guess I`ll just keep doing what I`m doing elsewhere.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    if you choose to vape, who gives a fk how you do it. I *assume* many on here started with cigalikes, i did. It was the least complicated. It was more important that i got into it than how i got into it.

From what i have seen here in this forum, if you post that you have given up or cut down cigs via vaping you will get an avalanche of support.

People are generally fighting (imho) because they can see a shitstorm coming, legislation arriving derived from FEAR, UNCERTAINTY and DOUBT through lies and bad media and have different ideas about defending or representing themselves individually or as a group against this.
    I cant agree more. I look to forgetting about individual freedoms (An American concept) and thinking about looking after a great information bank which helps people. I don't know the answer about how to prevent what is an inevitable shitstorm but I would hate to lose a group of people who go out of their way to help.

(Edited abuse).
    Last edited by gtadmin; 05-10-13 at 01:48 AM.

did u just call us a bunch of tools?

ok disregarding that and im gonna respond to u without insult, whether u deserve that respect, im not sure.

I can understand from recent eyes peering in that it looks like a fighting war in here but hopefully people can see beyond that. As tug said there's a lot of things been happening in recent weeks that have stirred emotions and debate. Many of us feel so passionate about this community and vaping and will voice our opinions when we feel we r being exploited or that someone elses motives could have an impact on our availability of getting our gear.
    It pains me to watch a community that has helped me, and so many like me, tear itself apart over the view that vaping is "not commercial"
    This is not why there has been drama lately, of course vaping is commercial. AVF HAS NEVER BEEN USED OR VIEWED AS A COMMERCIAL SITE TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOW . AVF was a community forum for vapers to hang out and help people. The dynamics of AVF has changed and this is why people have spoken up.
    I congratulate u on quitting the smokes, maybe u can cut back on the derogatory remarks also.
    Goodluck with ur journey
    Last edited by lozza 82; 05-10-13 at 01:30 AM. Reason: clarifing
    GirlyPantz, Quom, 308hjute and 3 others like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    I cant agree more. I look to forgetting about individual freedoms (An American concept) and thinking about looking after a great information bank which helps people. I don't know the answer about how to prevent what is an inevitable shitstorm but I would hate to lose a group of people who go out of their way to help.

(Edited abuse).
    hahaha, your funny, if you could only see what a hypocritical, shit stirring **** you look like from the outside.

also, few posts, no location.. very opinionated on events on the forum ... interesting
    Last edited by gtadmin; 05-10-13 at 01:49 AM.
    hank likes this.

AVF Regular
    Your recent posts say you've had a ciggie
    In the last 9 weeks.

High horse
    Get off

Contribute and members might
    Be a bit more friendly

Goodnight

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    hahaha, your funny, if you could only see what a hypocritical, shit stirring **** you look like from the outside.

also, few posts, no location.. very opinionated on events on the forum ... interesting
    Its spelt "you`re" but we`ll move on from there

Apologies to all if it came off a bit high horse and like a wanker but its meant a lot to me that a group of people will offer help to idiots like me with nothing on offer back. That was all I was attempting to say.

I`d be best cancelling heading to the Melbourne Vapeolooza
    Last edited by hank; 05-10-13 at 01:37 AM.

all it took was that tool comment, if it wasn't in ur post, u would have got a totally different response from me and others im sure.
    bit of advice before pressing the post button, re read it
    Apology accepted
    GirlyPantz, Driesy77 and spud like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast