Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Resistance?

Resistance?

So is it the lower the resistance the hotter the coil gets?

AVF Regular
    Yep
    10 characters
    essiemessy and purplgirl like this.
    Just get an EPM.

Ok and the lower the resistance the more battery power is needed which can run batteries down faster. The higher the voltage the high the resistance needed? Man it's doing my head in, lol, I'm looking at getting a vision spinner so I thought I should try get my head around it but my head ain't built for this stuff. also the lower the resistance the better the throat hit, way to much info to read up on this stuff. I just want to know what resistance I need for variable voltage for now, surely there's got to be a certain resistance that is best to use, and I'm guessing higher coz lower would possible pop coils? Maybe? I obviously have no clue.

AVF Regular
    I made a thread a few days ago, in this section (newbie)

Fabricator very kindly explains it very well, and included a chart for 6w and 6.5w. Optimal on standard BC clearo's (evoD protank etc)

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    LOL I get very confused about all this, too, and I'm sure my brain is just a lump of pudding when it comes to interpreting the mathematical stuff.

I've learned, however, that I need LR cartos/coils for my mechs, while it doesn't matter which I use for the VV mods just because I can crank them up if need be.

The ProTank coils are the exception so far - Their 2+ohm coils are needed on anything because even they can get to hot too quickly and give burnt arse. Every ProTank coil I have requires 3.0 V. This applies to their genuine and after-market coils.
    In my experience only.
    purplgirl likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Yep that's my brain now, the more I read the worse it gets, lol. I've also noticed since putting in the replacement coils I got at 1.8 my juice seems to get a slight burning taste when the tank gets low, that's on my evods. My brain is hurting now, need some sleep I think.

Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    LOL I get very confused about all this, too, and I'm sure my brain is just a lump of pudding when it comes to interpreting the mathematical stuff.

I've learned, however, that I need LR cartos/coils for my mechs, while it doesn't matter which I use for the VV mods just because I can crank them up if need be.

The ProTank coils are the exception so far - Their 2+ohm coils are needed on anything because even they can get to hot too quickly and give burnt arse. Every ProTank coil I have requires 3.0 V. This applies to their genuine and after-market coils.
    In my experience only.

AVF Regular
    Remove centre post and wash coil under hot water, dry burn. Re-rinse slightly. Let dry . Re attach post and go again.

coil getting gunked up maybe ?

AVF Regular
    If you're looking at a spinner battery, something around 2.2 ohms would give you plenty of room to play with. I've been vaping over two years and I've never bothered with the numbers. If it tastes burnt I turn it down, if I need more kick I turn it up, if it tastes burnt all the time I change it.
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    Ditto, Adam. KISS, I reckon.
    Adam and purplgirl like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast