Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rebuilding VK comets

BLS
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Rebuilding VK comets

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while but still going strong with the e- cigs.
    My question is that I have managed to re wick & re wire successfully but i get leaks out of the bottom part [ were it joins the battery ], also getting some fluid up near the tip end and sounds a bit bubbly when inhaling the vaper.
    really appreciate any help.

AVF Regular
    how are you mate? wlcome back.

the person you want to speak to, if you can find one of his posts is Noe. He loves the comets, and last i heard he was using cotton wicks in them. He advises all noobs to use them.

Can i ask one question though? i seem to remember the comets having a problem with pressure...so that if they were overfilled they'd leak. that could be part of the problem, something about the pressure building up when too full and causing leaks somewhere.

there is an entire 40 page thread on them, i managed to get through about at least 25 pages before i got my dripping equipment and started researching it.

anyway ask noe he's tops. he also makes a wicked juice if you ever fancy.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

BLS
    I am going good mate and thanks for your reply, I will try to find Noe posts on them.
    In answer to your question, not over filling them at all, the new ones work perfectly so I am doing something wrong rebuilding them.
    have a great weekend mate.

BLS
    Still need help, been searching the old threads but can't see nothing mentioned about my problems.
    I hope Noe see this, he is the person I think knows the answers.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Still need help, been searching the old threads but can't see nothing mentioned about my problems.
    I hope Noe see this, he is the person I think knows the answers.
    Maybe

2 things come to mind here;
    1. You don't have enough wick material in the wick slots, this is the most likely cause. The amount of wick in those slots is a bit of a balancing act between flooding to dry hits & perfect vape.
    You can fix this by adding a "flavor wick" which would be 1mm silica or if you're using cotton a similar size. Run it straight through over the coil & it should still function properly but restrict the juice flow a little - which is what you want.

2. You haven't put the air stem on properly &/or caught some of the wick in the join where the stem & coil housing meet.
    Take the stem out & look to see if all the wick is in the right place, if it isn't then that is your problem. When putting the stem back in make sure it is properly seated with the wicks only in the slots they should be.
    coopz likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I'm a newbie too, but I'd have to say either not enough wick, or a seal missing or compromised.
    BLS likes this.

BLS
    sorry stuffed up,
    Last edited by BLS; 13-10-13 at 10:45 AM. Reason: dual post

BLS
    Thanks Noe for your reply, the stem part is sitting properly and there isn't any wick caught under it.
    I tried to make another one this morning,, I used less wick this time and it didn't leak but when inhaling I didn't get much vaper out of it.
    I am using 28 gauge wire, I try to do 5 twist around the silica, just wondering how many twist do you do ?
    thanks for your help mate.
    Last edited by BLS; 13-10-13 at 03:42 PM. Reason: sentence not needed

AVF Regular
    lol

wrong photo...i think that's nanna

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

BLS
    Close mate, ha ha !! it is my auntie, that wasn't the picture I wanted of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast