Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Second purchase for a newbie

Second purchase for a newbie

Hi,

I've been vaping now for a month or so and loving it. Started with a 510-T starter kit and am now finally getting pissy about the short battery life so I want to go for something with much longer vape time.

I've borrowed a ego-T from a friend and have found that there is less flavour and less thickness to the vapour compared to what I've become used to with the 510-T. Actually, the normal operation of the ego-T smells something like the empty cart smell of the 510 - not great. The 510-T is much better and has so much more flavour.

I've also decided that I want Variable Voltage, mainly because I've noticed that at different points in the battery charge on the 510, sometimes I really love the vapour and sometimes I don't and it makes me cough. I think that might be due to the varying voltage over the life of the charge so a VV vape might allow me to 'dial in' on my perfect vape.

Anyway, my problem is that there are so many options to order, and so many jargon words to understand, that I'm worried that I won't be purchasing the best items for my vaping preferences.

Here is what I think might be a good second purchase. I'd be real keen to hear any suggestions or recommendations from the community to help make this purchase perfect for what I need. This is based on the Vapebar ultimate starter kit.

Vision eGo Spinner (900mAh) - Question: Do I need a larger battery? I want to vape all day.
    Vision eGo Stardust V2 Clearomisers - Question: What about the V3 clearomisers? Are they better? Should I get a drip-tip?
    Medium eGo Carry Case: Question: Is medium size large enough to fit a bigger battery?

Thanks to all for reading and giving me the wisdom of your experience.

--D
    Samtron likes this.

AVF Regular
    900 mah will get close to a day depending on how much you use it.

Stardust Clearo is ok, you'd probably be better off with a EVOD BCC, or a mini protank.

Medium cary case should be big enough although i'm not positive. You may need to unscrew the attomizer (clearo) off depending on the lenght.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Donatus View Post
    Hi,

I've been vaping now for a month or so and loving it. Started with a 510-T starter kit and am now finally getting pissy about the short battery life so I want to go for something with much longer vape time.

I've borrowed a ego-T from a friend and have found that there is less flavour and less thickness to the vapour compared to what I've become used to with the 510-T. Actually, the normal operation of the ego-T smells something like the empty cart smell of the 510 - not great. The 510-T is much better and has so much more flavour.

I've also decided that I want Variable Voltage, mainly because I've noticed that at different points in the battery charge on the 510, sometimes I really love the vapour and sometimes I don't and it makes me cough. I think that might be due to the varying voltage over the life of the charge so a VV vape might allow me to 'dial in' on my perfect vape.

Anyway, my problem is that there are so many options to order, and so many jargon words to understand, that I'm worried that I won't be purchasing the best items for my vaping preferences.

Here is what I think might be a good second purchase. I'd be real keen to hear any suggestions or recommendations from the community to help make this purchase perfect for what I need. This is based on the Vapebar ultimate starter kit.

Vision eGo Spinner (900mAh) - Question: Do I need a larger battery? I want to vape all day.
    Vision eGo Stardust V2 Clearomisers - Question: What about the V3 clearomisers? Are they better? Should I get a drip-tip?
    Medium eGo Carry Case: Question: Is medium size large enough to fit a bigger battery?

Thanks to all for reading and giving me the wisdom of your experience.

--D
    Hi, If you're looking for a vv and you want an ego sized battery, go with an ego twist, or the vision spinner, but get at least 1000 to 1300mah, anything else wont last as long as you want it too. Or bite the bullet and go for a vamo and some rechargable batteries.

I have both, and use the ego twists for when I'm out and about, and the vamo for home. V3 clearos are better because you can replace the coil heads, I would also recommend evods, (my partner loves these). Pro-tanks are great on the Vamo, and take more juice, so less refils, and personally I like vivi novas. There are soooo many different ones, so making a choice can be difficult, but I would definitely go for ones where you can change coil heads, they are less expensive in the long run than ones that you have to throw away when the coil is kaput.

Go the larger ego carry case, because you can take some spare juice as well as a spare clearo and battery, you just never know when you might need them

As you are in Brisbane, maybe there is a good vape shop you can visit where you can get some face to face advice. I'm sure there are other Brissy vapers on here that could set you in the right direction
    The Sodd likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Definitely choose the Evod BCC over a stardust. Get spare coils as well. The Evod has a built-in drip tip.

And the Vision spinners are great
    The Sodd likes this.

I'd get an evod and protank to try as well, after using them my clearos make the flavors taste chemical to me but it could just be me. I'd also go for the largest battery your can, egos I think it's 13000mah and I'm shocked that an who made your liquid taste different coz they are just the battery, the different strength of batteries can mute or enhance flavors from what I've heard but they shouldn't makes them taste chemical if they didn't on a different battery. I've just ordered my first variable voltage, a spinner and I can't wait to try it, but I've since seen the itaste MVP V2 and now I want that, lol, the battery can last for days.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free
    Emmeline, spud and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah the Vision Spinners are great. I'd go with the 1300mah, should definitely get you through a day and is shorter and thicker than the 900mah, giving you a batter chance to fit it in your case with the tank on. Good luck with whatever you get, it'll make a massive difference to your vaping experience.
    Samtron and spud like this.
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    Ego twist or spinner. BCC Evod head that you can rebuild the coils on. I would definitely look or enquire about a battery charger, more than likely all you will need is a different USB connection as it will plug in to the wall charger. Reason I say this is because I started off with an ego c with the USB charger etc but found that it did not suit the ego twist.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    In addition to the above suggestions, while you are ordering, grab a spare charger. Always a good idea to have a spare as they can (and will) fail at any time without notice.
    spud likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    I'd get an evod and protank to try as well, after using them my clearos make the flavors taste chemical
    I'll second that Purplgirl. I have two iClear 30s and the second one hasn't been opened - bad taste from the first. I'll re-coil the used one and see if it gets better.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by purplgirl View Post
    I'd get an evod and protank to try as well, after using them my clearos make the flavors taste chemical to me but it could just be me.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free
    Totally agree. I found the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast