Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: New to site, new to vaping!

AVF Regular

New to site, new to vaping!

Helloooo

Ok, so this morning I bought myself a disposable ecig. Just to try it. I smoke menthol cigarettes but I only smoke when I am on my own. So between the hours of 9am and 3pm I smoke probably about 15 cigs, then I don't smoke again until the next day. I have tried to give up but this habit seems pretty stuck. I'm hoping that vaping will be a way out for me. I have tried the ecig and it was fine, nice to inhale something, but obviously it's missing that nicotine kick and it really takes some sucking!

My son as asked me to stop smoking, he's only 11 and although I've never smoked in front of him, the smell of it is not something you can hide. So it took me some time to get out of him why he was so upset (usually after I'd snuck off for a smoke under the house!) but now I know what it is, I need to quit.

So I'm thinking I need some kinda vaping starter kit, I've looked around and seen a few at around the $80 mark but totally no idea what I'm doing. The thing is I enjoy smoking, so patches and things won't work for me, I still miss the actual smoking part.

Any suggestions on where to start or a good starter kit that you can recommend, I'm all ears!
    MrGruffy, Rose, BlackDog and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi KitKat, been there, done that, now my kids are getting too old for me to hide it from them

Most of the local vendors have starter kits available, have a look through the local vendor section in this forum.

I'm still a noob, but I would strongly recommend you get extra batteries over what they supply in the starter pack, nothing worse than getting caught short! Also, you can't buy Nic legally in Australia, so you need to order it in from overseas (there's suppliers listed in the International Vendors subforum.

Grab a starter kit, order some nic if that's the best way to keep you off the smokes, order a few spares for your setup if possible, and jump right in! And stay around on this forum, I don't know what I would do without this lot
    margyb, spud and KitKat like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Hi KitKat, been there, done that, now my kids are getting too old for me to hide it from them

Most of the local vendors have starter kits available, have a look through the local vendor section in this forum.

I'm still a noob, but I would strongly recommend you get extra batteries over what they supply in the starter pack, nothing worse than getting caught short! Also, you can't buy Nic legally in Australia, so you need to order it in from overseas (there's suppliers listed in the International Vendors subforum.

Grab a starter kit, order some nic if that's the best way to keep you off the smokes, order a few spares for your setup if possible, and jump right in! And stay around on this forum, I don't know what I would do without this lot
    Hi BlackDog! Uh huh, I got away with it for some time but now there's no hiding it. All these adverts on the tv make me feel so guilty when I see him watching them about the effects of smoking!

Thanks so much for the tip, I will take a look at those threads

Well done kitkat. Welcome to AVF. They have many different starter kits around at various prices but try and get one that has the ego twists(they have a dial so u can give it more volts/power). That way u can use just about anything that a new Vaper would use(clearomizers and cartomizers) without worrying to much about the resistance and other factors. There is guy on utube called PBusardo who has a heap of videos explaining everything u could possibly need to know to do with Vaping. Between him and this site u will have more info then u need. Also, if u do get yourself a starter kit, Let us know and I'm sure we will be able to help u out until u can get your own juice etc. Good luck.
    spud and KitKat like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hey KitKat

Have a look at this. Pretty much all you need to get you up and running and the price is Ok. Just need some nic juice. Maybe a member around you has some spare?? Anybody??

Starter Kit including 4 Batteries
    margyb, mrsgruffy, spud and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Retired Account
    Welcome KitKat!

Here's a few pages to look at for local starter kits:

Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit
    STARTER KITS - Vapeking
    Steam-e-cigs | Starter Kits

All of those sell very nice local "doubler" eliquids. Get a few small bottles of these to try, making sure you buy "doubler" strength.
    You should also grab some spare bottles to store your mixed up eliquids in. You'll probably find them in the DIY section.

Get yourself some liquid nicotine in 36mg/mL from one of these places
    Liquid Nicotine

These are just a few options.. we have a lot of choices. I've personally dealt with every vendor I've listed, and can recommend them.

Good luck, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to
    Liquid Nicotine | UnFlavored Nicotine - E Cig eGo, E juice, Mods, Cartomizers, Liquid Nicotine, DIY Flavorings

Or go with Robray's suggestion.. that is a really, really good deal!
    spud and KitKat like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi KitKat, and welcome!

Some good gear and proper nic juice will make the world of difference. Vision/Ego twists and Evod BCCs are my vote for great beginner gear, but there'll be plenty of other advice too. Learn as much as you can from here and youtube, you'll be fine. Good luck, and keep us up to date with your progress
    Robray, spud and KitKat like this.

Hi KitKat - I'm selling my starter gear for $60 including postage.

Starter Kit including 4 Batteries

What i've included cost me about $150 all up, so I'm not ripping anyone off.

If you're interested, you can PM me. Also will leave you with more money left over to buy some doublers and other vaping gear from the vendors

** Also - HI! Welcome to vaping. I'm only a few months in and it's not that hard to kick the habit on these. I've used Champix before, but the thing that helps with e-cigs is the throat hit in my opinion (The feeling that smoke is filling your lungs).

Good luck!
    Last edited by timmah; 14-10-13 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to say hi! How rude!
    Robray, margyb, Fatman and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi KitKat,

Welcome. I've only been vaping a few months, it takes a while to learn. But I don't crave cigarettes at all anymore!

I got a starter kit at a shop here, but within a month I wanted better stuff. I got a lot of stuff like clearomisers from Vapeking.com.au and they were helpful, with fast postage.
    I hear the Vision Spinner 1100mah are good. Make sure you get 2 so that you can charge one while you use the other.

I buy my nic from overseas, mtbakervapor.com is good with Fed Ex, and cheapish. It takes 4-5 days to get here. I am too much of a noob still to mix my own.

I'm sure other, more experienced vapers have good advice. Just want to say welcome, and you won't look back once you find your groove with vaping!
    mrsgruffy, spud, timmah and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    WELCOME!!
    Noe has a great 'starter guide to your first purchase' over in the new vapers welcome page. Check it out. It got me on the right gear and all from one store.
    Good luck
    spud, timmah and KitKat like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast