Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Scratch start

Scratch start

Hi and thanks for the nice welcome .. well.. I seriously need to give up the cigs and tried all the usual methods, vaping seems to be the way to go for me as the weather's gonna be heating up and I don't want to be sitting outside in 40c heat gasping for breath trying to draw on a fag ... so thought vaping sounds good and all you folks seem to be happy with your choices ... Some basic questions then .. best starter kit as in value for money ..versatility .. battery life . quality etc .How much does it cost and how long do they last

AVF Regular
    Hey maggie
    Do a little bit of reading here to start with
    Crash Course for New Vapers
    BlackDog likes this.

AVF Regular
    Then have a look at Noe's shopping list here

link see post 2386

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!
    Noe, Samtron and maggie like this.

Hi Maggie

You've certainly come to the right place.

I've only started vaping about a month ago, but haven't touched a ciggie since I started (28 years of smoking).

If you want to get your gear quickly, without waiting for shipping, check out Ecig SA. Peter is in the vendors section of the forum, all you need to do is flick him an email to make an appointment (he works out of his home, so no "walk ins") and he can set you up with everything you need. He's a good bloke, and will explain anything you need clarification on.

You will save a heap of money making the switch, although I must admit, I've been buying several different mods to see which one suits me the best, but once the hardware side of things is sorted, I'll see those savings!

You can probably get set up with a decent starter kit for under $100, and then it's only a matter of replacing consumable items, juice, carts/attys, but I've worked out it will (eventually) cost less than $10 per week, much better than the $100 per week I was spending.

Cheers
    Darren
    margyb, lozza 82, JenJ and 3 others like this.

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Hey Maggie, there's lots of good Aussie vendors that sell a range of starter kits, any of which are likely to serve you well in the beginning and give you a starting point to build on. Have a look in the Aussie Vendor subforum; there's lots of approved vendors that are well known around here, pretty sure they won't steer you wrong. Nicotine you need to order from overseas though, but there's a list of International vendors here too. My starter kit, and juice and nic to last me a couple of months, cost less than one weeks worth of baccy, but of course you don't need to buy a starter kit every month, so it gets a lot cheaper than that in the long run! Unless you become a shiny-aholic Just make sure whatever kit you get has at least 2 batteries (consider ordering a 3rd to be safe Being new to it as well, Ive only used Ego 1100mAh batteries, and they seem to be lasting a full day being used pretty heavily.
    Good luck with it, you'll find this forum is invaluable!

Edit: and by the way I think your signature quote is one I could live by, love it!
    Last edited by BlackDog; 14-10-13 at 11:45 PM.
    spud, maggie and dash213 like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    You've already got some suggestions on good threads to look through, so I won't add anymore. I will suggest that having spares is a really good idea, especially when you first start. Just for peace of mind. So I'd suggest getting a minimum of 2-3 batteries, 2-3 clears and a couple packets of spare heads\coils for the clears. Also get a second charger and throw it in a drawer as a backup. Nothing worse than going really well and having something fail on you.

Of course you may end up like many of us and have backups for your backups .... which have backups.
    Fatman, BlackDog, spud and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Get a mvp on sale Innokin MVP Variable Voltage Mod Kit then get a couple of coils for clearo's Innokin iClear 30 Replacement Coil (1.8 ohm)
    Next get some ejuice and your set, Get it from NZ if you want it quick with nic.
    Also later on you might want to update the clearo to Steam-e-cigs | Aspire Mini Vivi Nova BDC Clearomizer
    and coils Steam-e-cigs | Aspire replacement BDC coils
    The Mvp will last a min of 24hrs, So just charge it when you go to bed at night, come morning your set , Trust Me I'm a heavy vaper and never use a full battery in a single day, unlike ego batteries I can use 3-4 in a day.
    Jeff

Wow! thanks folks, so looking forward to knowing what y'all talking about .. clears?.. coils? LOL! ..and I'll definitely be in contact with Peter, it's good to know that I can get advice in person
    .. yes BlackDog.. it's a 'Rumpole of the Bailey' quote from one of J.Mortimer's books, suits me too! ..
    RichoVonBlack, BlackDog and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    If you get too confused, come and ask for help. Plenty of us would be willing to phone/Skype/hangout(google) if you need it.

At the very least you'll find enough interesting things to Google and read up on.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Wow! thanks folks, so looking forward to knowing what y'all talking about .. clears?.. coils? LOL! ..and I'll definitely be in contact with Peter, it's good to know that I can get advice in person
    .. yes BlackDog.. it's a 'Rumpole of the Bailey' quote from one of J.Mortimer's books, suits me too! ..
    Clearo's are the small tank that screw onto the battery and holds the ejuice, Coils are the heating element that heats the ejuice and turns it into vapor. The coils burn out in time, some as quick as a couple of days, and some as slow as a couple of months, depends what your vaping and the quality of the coil. They are cheap usually around $1-$3 each. we have a Aspire co-op on some really good clearo's right now.
    Jeff
    BlackDog likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast