Like Tree29Likes
  • 16 Post By Fatman
  • 9 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

Super Moderator

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

My "new" method to work out how to advise new vapers on the strength of nic they should use in their juice is to first find out how many cancer sticks they smoked per day.

If you smoked 20-30 per day, regardless of the mg written on the packs, then to keep the cravings at bay, you will probably need to vape :
    4ml - 4.5ml @ 18mg/ml per day
    or
    3ml - 3.5ml @ 24mg/ml per day
    or
    6ml - 7ml @ 12mg/ml per day
    or
    12ml -14ml @ 6mg/ml per day.
    Vaping 12ml of juice per day is not going to leave you much time to have your hands free for other needed tasks, especially if you are using standard delivery devices like clearos.

The way I worked this out is by assuming 1mg of nicotine per smoke is absorbed, which is roughly accurate according to what we know.
    So 20 smokes = 20mg/day of nic that you are used to, 25 = 25mg/day etc.
    Rollies & other types of smoking tobacco are a little harder to quantify this way but this guide still works with rollies if we assume a rollie of medium thickness = 1 tailor made.
    When vaping, we assume 1/3 of the nic in the juice is what we absorb, so at 18mg/ml if we are absorbing 1/3 of the nic that is 6mg/ml absorbed.
    4ml x 6mg = 24mg, almost the same amount as is in 20-25 smokes.

I used to vape at 18mg/ml & was finding I had a PV in my hands/mouth very frequently, I stepped the nic up to 24mg/ml & the amount I was vaping dropped, freeing my hands up for such important tasks as typing to replies on AVF
    Without measuring the exact amounts of juice, when vaping 18mg/ml I was using roughly 5ml per day, I now vape around 3.5ml @ 24mg/ml per day, which seems to fit the pattern of my theory above
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Commentary & example of the method:

The above is only a guide but IME & from talking with other vapers, I have come to believe that the formula above works.
    "I had a nice chat with another member(CindyC) of the forum, last night about her vaping & the struggle she is having giving up smokes completely & with dual use - vaping & smoking.
    I seriously believe that this is because she is vaping low mg/ml juice (6mg/ml) & that her body is still craving nicotine, because the strength in her vape is not providing what her body needs.
    When we give up smoking, it is not just the nicotine that is in the cancer sticks that keeps us hooked, there are other chemical(4000+) that, when combined with nicotine, reinforce the addiction.
    I told this other member to try vaping some higher strength nic for a day, which she said she would do today(@16mg/ml), to see if she still had cravings for a smoke throughout the day, my guess is she will have far fewer, possibly no cancer sticks today "

Quote Originally Posted by CindyC View Post
    So......after our little chat the other night......I have to say that Noe's theory is definitely working for me

I've been pretty much still smoking and vaping 50/50 for the past month, still finding myself reaching for the rollies. I started on 6mg juice. Why?.....coz I thought most of my 'habit' was indeed the habit, not so much the nicotine. Hmm...OK...think I was definitely wrong here!

So....armed with Noe's suggestion of 16mg juice for a day, off I went to work. I will admit, I still had my two rollies with my coffee first thing in the morning, but for the rest of the day I went with the 16mg juice. I actually didn't find it that hard. I had no actual cravings for a rollie at all. Or maybe it was remembering Noe say to me 'every time you want a rollie....pick up your PV....Ha!!

That was Friday...here we are on Sunday morning....and I still have not had a rollie!! For me.....the higher mgs definitely seems to be working. I have not had that craving at all.

A few times I have had a tad of a mild headache. After consult with Noe he thinks I'm maybe still using the 16mg juice like a constant lollie pop! (prob right!).......so now I'm alternating between my 6mg and the 16mg. No headaches......and still no rollies

Thank you Noe I feel as though I am on the right track at last!!

Notes:
    1. I posted 18mg/ml above 24mg/ml because that is the most recommended strength, the rest are in descending order.
    2. Thin Rollies - If you rolled thin ones, I would 1/2 the approx mg per smoke, so that would be 0.5mg. So 30 a day would = 15mg/day absorbed.
    3. Thick rollies - I wouldn't call a standard size rollie as thick as a tailor made, in fact I would consider that to be a thick rollie & have probably double the mg of nic of a standard size rollie.
    4. If new vapers vape at a strength of nicotine that prevents them from craving for a smoke, then over time those other 4000+ chemicals in cancer sticks won't have a hold on them.
    At that point(I estimate at least 1month) dropping the nic level in your juice, with the goal to wean yourself off nicotine altogether, is probably safe to try without returning back to smoking.

Disclaimer: I hold no medical qualifications, nor have I conducted research or done proper studies, everything is based on my observations as a vaper for over 2.5 years & many years of smoking previous to that.

Link to the original thread: Here's the link, where far more information has been posted & you can discuss/comment on your experiences with this method: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    Last edited by Noe; 20-10-13 at 09:52 PM.
    margyb, Fatman, davee and 6 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    New vapers may find that vaping is causing them to cough, because it is new to them.
    If you are one of them, then this thread may help with a technique to ease you into vaping without coughing: New technique for inhaling vapor.
    Black Betty likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!