Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ooooooooohm question.

K-J

Ooooooooohm question.

Ooooooohm.....Ooooooohm....(sorry the meditation/vape mental image is hilarious after my evening meds)

I can't seem to find a simple enough answer for somebody heavily medicated and unable to read anything TL;DR length, So I apologize if this has been answered in one of the sticky threads.

Lower Ohm resistance in the coil = less voltage needed for a good vape that wont gurgle or get juice in my mouth, and vice versa for higher Ohm resistance coils? (as in higher voltage needed for the same result with the same juice) or the other way around?

Yes I've watched PBusardo's intro to vaping vid he did at the start of the year, but it got WAY to dense for me way to fast, like trying to read the Silmarillion stoned. (Don't ever try that by the way gives you major headache)

Ohms law is way to complicated for me to grasp again in my current state, and I haven't done this kinda conversion maths since Uni, and I was an Arts/I.T. student to begin with! Can anyone give me a straight up answer before I start either nicotine poisoning myself with un-vaped juice, or fry the crap outta my coils?
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Two Vision Spinner VV Batteries - 900mAh with two Kanger TS3 with either 1.8 or 2.5 ohm
    "I raise my eyebrow at your stupidity and ignorance, and bid you a good day madam!" - To the nurse that tried to throw my vape kit into the medical waste...after the tussle to get it back off her of course.

AVF Regular
    Vary your Ohms for a fixed voltage to increase or decrease the wattage (heat) in your coil.
    For any voltage, lower ohms = more current/watts/heat more vape until it tastes burnt.
    Gurgles have next to nothing to do with Ohms, it's other stuff

AVF Regular
    LOL Silmarillion stoned

Honey, just get an ego and a clearo, stick it in your mouth and suck on it. You'll be fine. Concentrate on getting well.
    Robray and Fatman like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    As a general rule of thumb & to keep it very simple, whatever your atty/clearo/carto ohms are, add 2 to that & that's the aprox volts you want to be using.

So if your ohms are 1.8, add 2 = 3.8 volts , for 2.4ohms add 2 = 4.4 volts etc etc.
    I would start there & adjust up or down 0.1volts at a time until you hit the sweet spot.

Gurgling can be a result of not enough volts being applied to heat the juice & vaporise it quick enough but it is usually diue to other issues, as Mr G pointed out.
    lheamfrg likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

K-J
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Vary your Ohms for a fixed voltage to increase or decrease the wattage (heat) in your coil.
    For any voltage, lower ohms = more current/watts/heat more vape until it tastes burnt.
    Gurgles have next to nothing to do with Ohms, it's other stuff
    Got a 3.3v to 4.8 VV unit, and 1.8 and 2.5 ohm coils, with 80PG/20VG juice.
    I thought the gurgling was a juice leak from a loose coil unit, but its tight as a nun, so I assumed I have been burning it.

So lower ohm, more heat, gotcha. Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow, the hospitals front doors are locked for the night and they wont let me vape ind my room. That and I'm not sure which tank has which ohm level hahaha, thier both filled so taking them out to check will be messy!

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by K-J; 21-10-13 at 11:48 PM.

Two Vision Spinner VV Batteries - 900mAh with two Kanger TS3 with either 1.8 or 2.5 ohm
    "I raise my eyebrow at your stupidity and ignorance, and bid you a good day madam!" - To the nurse that tried to throw my vape kit into the medical waste...after the tussle to get it back off her of course.

K-J
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    As a general rule of thumb & to keep it very simple, whatever your atty/clearo/carto ohms are, add 2 to that & that's the aprox volts you want to be using.

So if your ohms are 1.8, add 2 = 3.8 volts , for 2.4ohms add 2 = 4.4 volts etc etc.
    I would start there & adjust up or down 0.1volts at a time until you hit the sweet spot.

Gurgling can be a result of not enough volts being applied to heat the juice & vaporise it quick enough but it is usually diue to other issues, as Mr G pointed out.
    Now *that's* perfect...funny thing is I'd kinda already started staying around 3.8v with one of them, I'm guessing now that that is the 1.8ohm, I have been worried about going higher than 4v or so, but if the 2.5 ohm coil needs more, that wold explain why my other tank has not been tasting very plesant and giving me a bit of a headache.....I must be sucking in juice straight up!

K-J
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    LOL Silmarillion stoned

Honey, just get an ego and a clearo, stick it in your mouth and suck on it. You'll be fine. Concentrate on getting well.
    I read it as a kid, and Hobbit was my first back then, so I decided to go over it again one day as a stoned adult, never again...that is a tome you only ever muscle through once...well I cant do it again thats for sure haha

And I just triple posted, how stupid, allow me to edit these into one, once I remember how to delete a post
    Driesy77 and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K-J View Post
    Got a 3.3v to 4.8 VV unit, and 1.8 and 2.5 ohm coils, with 80PG/20VG juice.
    I thought the gurgling was a juice leak from a loose coil unit, but its tight as a nun, so I assumed I have been burning it.

So lower ohm, more heat, gotcha. Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow, the hospitals front doors are locked for the night and they wont let me vape ind my room. That and I'm not sure which tank has which ohm level hahaha, thier both filled so taking them out to check will be messy!

Thanks for the help!
    Go outside to vape pffft that...

This for that rule/opinion

Regards,
    Militant Vaper
    GirlyPantz, Driesy77 and SUCKITIN like this.

AVF Regular
    I read it as a kid, and Hobbit was my first back then, so I decided to go over it again one day as a stoned adult, never again...that is a tome you only ever muscle through once...well I cant do it again thats for sure haha

And I just triple posted, how stupid, allow me to edit these into one, once I remember how to delete a post
    It's not you. There's no amount of recreational stuffs that can make the Silmarillion readable.

AVF Regular

Aww C'mon, a bedtime story for ol' times sake...

There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar; and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made. And he spoke to them, propounding to them themes of music; and they sang before him, and he was glad.

For a long while they sang only each alone, or but few together, while the rest hearkened; for each comprehended only that part of the mind of Ilúvatar from which he came, and in the understanding of their brethren they grew but slowly. Yet ever as they listened they came to deeper understanding, and increased in unison and harmony.

you are getting sleepier and sleepier.......sleeeepy sleepy sleep....

night night

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast