Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Dry or cotton mouth revisited

Dry or cotton mouth revisited

Hi all
    I've picked through all related threads about this and am after some further advice.

Have been going about 6 weeks and have not overcome this issue. I am drinking water, chewing gum, trying not to mouth breath... All the things I've read from previous topics, but this damn dry mouth continues. Have also tried everything from 80/20 to 50/50 pg/vg ratios. Can't detect a noticeable change with the different ratios. It seems some people suffer similar from pg or vg, rather than one exclusively.

Just wondering how long this has persisted for others and if there's a good chance it will still clear up on its own?
    I am a light to moderate vaper and it is the only side effect bothering me...
    Thanks

Try 20PG/80VG or 100VG.. I find PG does give me the 'Dry Horrors' but my DIY mixes (@30pg/70VG) are fine.. If 50/50 was as high as you went on VG... try higher..

I also find 'certain juices' can be 'dry' no matter what ratio u use... For example (I will talk VK tobaccos) The VKGold is DRY... (Driest ive ever tasted even at 30/70) but VK royal isnt as much.. VK cola (not tobacco) is very 'moist' and will never leave me feeling dry at all.

I found over time 6months plus of vaping the VKRoyal it lost its taste and i started to get a little dry... so i began mixing it with VK cola at 50/50 of royal to cola and now its a very 'moist to the palette' and slightly sweeter 'baccy vape' for me.

So try a higher VG ratio and then.. try different flavours and if need be suppliers. I think youll find the Hangsen and Dekang juices will dry the palette moreso than a more upmarket product like a DIY Vapeking... or premix Nicoticket/mt baker ect..
    Last edited by Rylee74; 23-10-13 at 08:17 AM.
    Kent Brooks and spud like this.
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

AVF Regular
    The mouth issue for some doesn't even arise for a week or few, for others it's within the next day of stopping smoking. It's hard to know. Even now, I still get the odd episode where my mouth flares up for a day or so for no particular reason, and wonder sometimes whether it's even vape-related by now.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Alright I will up the vg as a first step and see what happens. In terms of juice, I've only used VK, JW and VM and have some premixed good life vapor on order. Flavours across the spectrum,... I haven't noticed variations with them but will keep that in mind now.

I probably shouldn't abbreviate in the New section:
    VK vape king
    JW juice whore
    VM vaping mad

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Almost 3 years in & I still get days where I get the dry mouth from vaping.
    What I think happens is the day before, I don't drink enough water(I usually notice it when I have been drinking alcohol most of the previous day), which causes a bit of dehydration, which leaves the mouth with less saliva.

I find eating something salty, moderately(olives are great for this), helps my mouth produce more saliva & usually remedies this condition(at least for a while) but I also make sure to drink more liquids(non-alc).
    Another trick I have come to rely on is brushing my tongue, VG & possibly PG( I notice it more with higher VG juice) seem to coat your tongue with a build up after a while & if you brush it off, the dry feeling in your mouth won't be as bad.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    now that you are not smoking your mouth is so much more sensitive. i have found that hot food or drinks (tea & coffee) scald the mouth a lot more. when this happens that slight scald gives me a dry mouth which takes a couple of days to get over.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

K-J
    I know I'm a noob and all, but I'm finding the dry's only hit me when I haven't brushed or mouth washed the morning before vaping, or when I crank the voltage too high, is that relevant?
    Fatman and mrsgruffy like this.

Two Vision Spinner VV Batteries - 900mAh with two Kanger TS3 with either 1.8 or 2.5 ohm
    "I raise my eyebrow at your stupidity and ignorance, and bid you a good day madam!" - To the nurse that tried to throw my vape kit into the medical waste...after the tussle to get it back off her of course.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by K-J View Post
    I know I'm a noob and all, but I'm finding the dry's only hit me when I haven't brushed or mouth washed the morning before vaping, or when I crank the voltage too high, is that relevant?
    any snippet of experience is relevant K-J. your experience maybe the one that the OP needs and can come back to get more info.
    Fatman, mrsgruffy and K-J like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

initially when i gave up smoking my gums were 100% better, but lately I am spitting blood in the morning and I can feel
    the gum shrinking.

It's like crack head's teeth fall out because they get dry mouth.

I drink like 4 litres of water a day, brush my teeth at least 4 times. i find i have really bad breath too, and have never had that before.

Oh gosh i hope vaping isn't the cause of this! I vape practically 100% VG apart from the flavor.
    Don't be sucked into the hype or fads.
    DIY if you really want to save money.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by deboraht View Post
    initially when i gave up smoking my gums were 100% better, but lately I am spitting blood in the morning and I can feel
    the gum shrinking.

It's like crack head's teeth fall out because they get dry mouth.

I drink like 4 litres of water a day, brush my teeth at least 4 times. i find i have really bad breath too, and have never had that before.

Oh gosh i hope vaping isn't the cause of this! I vape practically 100% VG apart from the flavor.
    Oh my

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast