Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Introduction & first experience to vaping

Introduction & first experience to vaping

Just started vaping the last 2 weeks, I am FIFO worker so a friend at work got me on to them and gave me one of his clearomizers and battery to try while at work. Anyway I ordered a 1100 mah eGo CE6 kit from bestecig.com because there liquid came with nicotine. I have been vaping them the last 2 weeks. I notice at first the flavors where really nice and almost addictive, Now I don't get the same flavor experience as I did to start with, So I came to the conclusion(after watching many youtube videos) that a variable voltage / variable wattage device is the way to go in hope I get those nice flavors back, Needless to say I ordered a innokin SVD device and a i30 clearomizer, also got a mini vivi nova just incase(all from JuiceWhore). Then I thought maybe its the liquid from bestecig.com that might not be as good as other liquids, So I have just made an order to MtbakerVapor for some new liquids, My goal here is that I am going to get a nice flavored experience which can be adjusted with the device to suit my needs. The good news is it has kept me off the cigs, but I feel if I keep getting the lack of taste(and ittchy throat) which I am getting now from the eGo CE6 kit that it would be pretty easy to go back to cigs. So fingers crossed this new order will do the trick and keep me off the cigs for good, I will keep you updated on the results of the new device and liquids once I receive them.
    margyb, Old Dog, spud and 1 others like this.

Well done, departure. Many people do plateau with the flavours at the start, and it can take some perseverance to adjust everything to where you need it to be. Ditto the itchy throat. PG/VG can and does dry you out, so plenty of water will help.

You may want to google resetting your taste buds. Vaping a strong menthol once in a while can help as well. And it does not resemble menthol in cigarettes at all; many people vape menthol who never went near it as smokers.

But seriously, ask yourself what flavour were you smoking? Did it change much? Did you have as many options to choose from?

I have known of people who have taken up to 3 months or so of trying just about everything in order to find the right juice, or combination of PG/VG, nic strength, etc.. it can be a difficult and time consuming process, and it is so very tempting to go back to the smokes. But every day you don't go back to the smokes means a day closer to the perfect vape experience for you.

You will get there, but it may take a while. You have this whole forum to help you get there, and no matter what you are going through, others may have already been there and will have some advice to help.

Good luck with it all.
    Fatman, Samtron, spud and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    welcome mate.

the itchy throat thing sounds like a dry hit. Maybe the ce6 isn't wicking properly? drawing juice to the coil that is.

i've got an svd and love it.

on the above note we have all had shitty vape days. It's gonna happen. We all get sh!tty when our nicotine delivery hits a curve ball.

you WILL get there.

you tube, google and we are your friends mate. you'll be right. Ask heaps of questions one of us will answer it in a way you'll understand and you'll be off.

Vaping takes a little adjusting...but once adjusted there's no other comparison. quitting isn't the same...smoking will taste like shite...you'll rather vape.
    Fatman, spud and KitKat like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Hey Departure, well done

I've found the best way to keep the flavours enjoyable is to not vape the same one continually for more than a couple of hours. I have several flavour changes throughout the day and evening. I have a coffee flavour with my morning coffee, a light fruity flavour during the day, and dessert flavours, (rich and creamy ones) after dinner, or in the late afternoon. Between flavours I vape a strong peppermint or lemon flavour, it refreshes your palate, just like a mint or lemon sorbet. If you vape a lot, you might get vapers tongue, where you can't seem to taste anything for a while, best way to get rid of this is to drink lots of water while you vape, and change the flavour you're vaping to something completely different. Like a fruity flavour, after a tobacco flavour, or dessert flavour.

Lol, a lot of words to say mix up your flavours a bit, drink lots of water, and stick with it Your taste buds will come back to life after you have not been smoking for a while, as well as your sense of smell. Enjoy the ride, you'll get there in the end
    Old Dog, Fatman and KitKat like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Cleaning or changing coils and wicks?
    Robray, lozza 82 and spud like this.

My taste buds gave up about two weeks in, and it all just tasted like steam.

Brush your teeth and tongue regularly, swap flavours around and drink plenty of water.

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks for the all the suggestions I will definitely follow your advises... And thanks for the warm welcoming

Quote Originally Posted by Departure View Post
    Just started vaping the last 2 weeks, I am FIFO worker so a friend at work got me on to them and gave me one of his clearomizers and battery to try while at work. Anyway I ordered a 1100 mah eGo CE6 kit from bestecig.com because there liquid came with nicotine. I have been vaping them the last 2 weeks. I notice at first the flavors where really nice and almost addictive, Now I don't get the same flavor experience as I did to start with, So I came to the conclusion(after watching many youtube videos) that a variable voltage / variable wattage device is the way to go in hope I get those nice flavors back, Needless to say I ordered a innokin SVD device and a i30 clearomizer, also got a mini vivi nova just incase(all from JuiceWhore). Then I thought maybe its the liquid from bestecig.com that might not be as good as other liquids, So I have just made an order to MtbakerVapor for some new liquids, My goal here is that I am going to get a nice flavored experience which can be adjusted with the device to suit my needs. The good news is it has kept me off the cigs, but I feel if I keep getting the lack of taste(and ittchy throat) which I am getting now from the eGo CE6 kit that it would be pretty easy to go back to cigs. So fingers crossed this new order will do the trick and keep me off the cigs for good, I will keep you updated on the results of the new device and liquids once I receive them.
    Welcome mate You have embarked on a very important and rewarding journey. The only advice I can offer you at this point is to hang in there and try as many juices and juice delivery systems as your finances will permit. I wish you the best of luck.

AVF Regular
    I just wanted to say welcome I am new and have no advice because I am struggling to vape lol, but welcome anyway

AVF Regular
    Another newbie that is also on that steep learning curve - keep it up and try the suggestions!

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast