Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By avtek
  • 4 Post By Robray
  • 2 Post By Robray
  • 5 Post By Altered1

Thread: just want to check - failing CE4 ?

AVF Regular

just want to check - failing CE4 ?

My first Clearo started to play up today..... it just doesn't sound like it is heating up as efficiently as it did... (that whooshing sound as you hit the button) this happened almost at the end of my second 10ml bottle. is this normal?

should I just give it a flush with water, dry it out and try again ? Should I just toss and switch to my other clearo ?

My third 10ml bottle is a change to 12mg.... I can certainly notice the difference.

cheers guys

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    i'd switch to another one if you have it handy and then start lookin at youtube vids on how to clean and dry burn ce4 clearos so u can rejuvenate it

i gave up on ce4 clearos cos they were hard for me to clean and i started using evods instead - which are much easier to clean out, dry burn and u can change the coils too

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    [QUOTE=Altered1;359563]My first Clearo started to play up today..... it just doesn't sound like it is heating up as efficiently as it did... (that whooshing sound as you hit the button) this happened almost at the end of my second 10ml bottle. is this normal?

should I just give it a flush with water, dry it out and try again ? Should I just toss and switch to my other clearo ?

My third 10ml bottle is a change to 12mg.... I can certainly notice the difference.

Before you give up on it, try giving it a rinse out and then a dry burn. Lots of info on dry burning on the forum. I always complete a dry burn with a rinse in whatever spirit bottle you have at hand. Whiskey, Vodka etc.

Depending on what juice you are using will determine how fast your coil gunks up, causing crap to build up on the coil and insulating it, so the heat output wont reach the juice.

see if this video works. It will show you what to expect

dryburn_x264-1.mp4 Video by Robrayt8 | Photobucket

----------------------------------
    Fatman, Samtron, avtek and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    thanks guys - will switch to the second one, and wash out the old one in the morning. I'll give it a finishing flush with some spirits too.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    thanks guys - will switch to the second one, and wash out the old one in the morning. I'll give it a finishing flush with some spirits too.

Dont forget the dry burn. Waste of whiskey otherwise!!
    Samtron and avtek like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    soak it overnight in vodka or vinegar or water - will help heaps

AVF Regular
    All done - now working a treat
    margyb, Fatman, Samtron and 2 others like this.