Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By supersports600

Thread: Storing nic/ mixing Q

AVF Regular

Storing nic/ mixing Q

Ok stupid question time I'm going to have a crack at mixing my own juices as opposed to buying premixed stuff, so my question is do I have to store my nic juice I buy in the freezer in glass, the reason I ask is I have a very curious 3 yr old at home and a bottom mount freezer, there's no way I'd be comfortable storing anything in the freezer where she could get to it. Also I've just been keeping my pre mixed stuff in the cupboard which is dark obviously but I have quite a few should I be keeping the ones I'm not using frozen also?

Retired Account
    Hi ben.. your nic liquid should be good for over a year in a cool dark cupboard. More than likely 2 years if it's fresh when you get it - Coloured glass is probably a good idea long term. If it goes off, it will taste bad. Older nicotine just seems to lose potency, but it takes some time before that happens.

If you want to freeze it, consider getting a petty cash tin which you can lock to store it in.. I got one at an Australia post shop.
    margyb, spud and ben_76 like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Mrs Gruffy I was only planning to get a small bottle of VG nic prob 30 ml from NZ just to see how well I can mix but its piece of mind knowing little fingers won't get to it

Super Moderator
    You Dont have to store nic in the freezer , but the cold and lack of light will slow down the rate of degradation if you do .
    With kiddies around , I would be looking at a lockbox that you can put in the freezer to make 100% sure little fingers cant get to it . Something like a small poly tool box , or even a cash tin would do as long as its sized to suit your bottles
    fabricator4 likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_76 View Post
    Thanks Mrs Gruffy I was only planning to get a small bottle of VG nic prob 30 ml from NZ just to see how well I can mix but its piece of mind knowing little fingers won't get to it
    No point putting 30mL in the freezer unless you don't plan on using it for a long time (year/s)

Priority No1, safest possible away from kids
    No2, GOTO No1.
    not worth any risk

Glass almost mandatory for long term but for the sake of $5 or so, everyone should get some ziplock bags to put them in IMO.
    margyb likes this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    No point putting 30mL in the freezer unless you don't plan on using it for a long time (year/s)

Priority No1, safest possible away from kids
    No2, GOTO No1.
    not worth any risk

Glass almost mandatory for long term but for the sake of $5 or so, everyone should get some ziplock bags to put them in IMO.
    No I totally agree I would rather go without than put nicotine in a bottom mount freezer I wouldn't even be comfortable with her playing with a lockable box with nic juice in it.

Whilst I'm asking about the mixing ect I like to vape with zero pg but have always had my juice thinned with h2o say I have 24 mg nic juice VG base and a VG doubler and I wanted to add a % of water say 20 or 30 % to thin how would I calculate that to get 8mg juice and what type of water can I add distilled or I've read iodised water and where can that be sourced ?

I got 2 of these bobcaseBOB 1812 case

I can fit 3x 100ml bottles, fits nicely in the freezer and I've got a couple of small padlocks on the front so my 2.5 yr old can never get. Up high in the freezer too.