Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Newbie

Hi all!,

I hope I'm doing this in the right section?!

I am new to vaping and have a amazing supporter who has referred me to here, she has been fabulous and answered all and many silly questions! With out her I wouldn't have started vaping to begin with!

I guess one of the biggest things I was hoping to get responses on is when you started vaping how long until you didn't touch a actual cigarette? I feel I'm doing ok I'm a basically a 30 a day smoker and since really committing to vaping on Monday I am smoking the same packet I opened Monday so it's lasted me 4 days so for me that's a triumph! But I find myself still constantly craving the actual cigarette even while vaping which is getting me quite frustrated! Any words of wisdom or your own personal experience you would be willing share will be more than appreciated! Thank you in advance
    Rose and BlackDog like this.

AVF Regular
    Don't get frustrated or even worry about how many smokes you have when you first start. It's just a transition period, and it's different for everyone. What you should find is over time those cravings become less and less and the number of smokes you do have will decline (hopefully to zero).

So basically, Relax! Have a vape! Be happy!
    maggie and JJleigh83 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJleigh83 View Post
    Hi all!,

I am new to vaping and have a amazing supporter who has referred me to here, she has been fabulous and answered all and many silly questions! With out her I wouldn't have started vaping to begin with!

I guess one of the biggest things I was hoping to get responses on is when you started vaping how long until you didn't touch a actual cigarette? I feel I'm doing ok I'm a basically a 30 a day smoker and since really committing to vaping on Monday I am smoking the same packet I opened Monday so it's lasted me 4 days so for me that's a triumph! But I find myself still constantly craving the actual cigarette even while vaping which is getting me quite frustrated! Any words of wisdom or your own personal experience you would be willing share will be more than appreciated! Thank you in advance
    Welcome to AVF.

Take a look in this thread it may help you with getting the strength right so you don;'t crave cancer sticks: Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    JJleigh83 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    HI AND WELCOME JJleigh83

Don't worry if vaping is not an immediate fix
    When you start cutting back on ciggies your body is trying to withdraw from the 4000 chemicals and tar and smoke
    Just take your own time

JJleigh83 likes this.

Welcome JJ, keep your PV close by and the ciggies in a place that's harder to get to.

If you really want to have a smoke, then have one ..... after a while they taste worse each time and the vape tastes better, and it just happens.

I was dual using for about three weeks, and when my last pouch of baccy ran out, I didn't buy any more.

That was almost two years ago and I had about 20 random ciggies in the first 12 months that tasted progressively worse .....and then I forgot about them.
    JJleigh83 likes this.

Thank you all much for all your wonderful replies! Keeps me very motivated and excited about the prospect of zero cigs in my future! Decided turning 30 required a new me and better me!
    Jorden likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JJleigh83 View Post
    Hi all!,

Hi JJ and welcome!

I took a few days, well the first 2 or 3 days was just tweaking to get it my nic% right to something that i could vape comfortably. I think it was day 4 i said 'screw it', I'm gonna see if i can go all day. It was a saturday and i was heading to a party that night. Somehow i made it through without a cigarette with several hours of drinking. The next few days were a bit difficult but i was pretty determined, it's amazing how many other chemicals in cigarettes that your body is addicted to. Drinking booze at night helped me sleep otherwise i'd be restless all night during my first few weeks.

Everyone's going to be different, take your time if you need to. Try and think of every cigarette you dont smoke as a win, rather than every one you do as a loss.

Edit - pineapples

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Super Moderator
    Welcome JJ ... you arent from Melb by any chance and named James lol
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

G'day and welcome JJ.

I think it's different for everyone. I haven't touched a ciggie since I started vaping, and I smoked for 28 years, so it definitely isn't dependant on how long you have been a smoker for. I must admit, the last 12 months or so I had been saying daily i needed to give up the cigs, as they made me feel terrible, hurt my throat and tasted horrible.

I've had several sessions on the booze since beginning vaping, and haven't felt like a cig at all during them (even on the occasion I didn't take my PV with me!).

Keep at it, eventually the taste will get you off the cigs!

Cheers
    Darren

Remember when the only trolls you had to deal with were under a bridge, and trying to eat your goats?

AVF Regular
    Welcome

Kitkat has a great thread just below yours in the new vapers section

Ready to start!
    margyb likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast