Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Throat hit for the new vaper

Throat hit for the new vaper

Hi guys
    I have been purchasing some equipment and following the forums for a while...and using my gear with 0mg, trying flavours and getting used to things. Even though I'm already a big supporter of vaping I have only received juice with nic in the last day.

Most of you may think I'm mad as everyone seems to chase more TH!...but I'm struggling a little with the kick i'm getting off 6mg. Yep only 6mg, but it's giving me a real thump that I'm not used to. They are 50/50 juices from good life vapor, using an IGO l and svd (8-10 watts).

I'm not direct inhaling or anything like that...not even taking big drags like I did with the 0mg practice juice. It's crazy but the kick is making my eyes water!! Very un-macho like

Do you think I'll get used to it?

AVF Regular
    Hi tjs welcome to the forum.

I am vaping 18mg and let me tell you when I took my first drag I had tears coming out of my eyes and nearly choked. After about an hour I was vaping like a pro.

As everyone will tell you here it is something you will get used to as it is a dry hit and somrthing that you will adjust to.

Good Luck.

AVF Regular
    Are you able to drop back to some light gear so you are not hitting 10watts. I vape 8mg 70/30 between 7.5 & 8 and thats plenty throat hit. Maybe it just too much oomph at this point. Have you tried cartos or carto tanks. The poly fill does mute the TH if thats what you want
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    It seems to effect people in different ways. I never coughed but the only other person who hasn't coughed or said something along the lines of 'holy crap that's strong' was my now boyfriend (knew he was a keeper). Most of these people are pack a day smokers. I vape 20-24 mg though.

You could try lowering the PG, but the easiest way is probably to lower the voltage and to use something that produces weaker vapour/throat hit like a clearo or a carto. It could also be dry hits. It also depends on what your coil is. I find cotton likes a low wattage on a contact coil.

AVF Regular
    I had trouble in the beginning too. I couldn't inhale properly because the TH was too much. What I did was take the vapour into my mouth then breathe in through my nose letting just a bit of vapour go down with it. That reduced the TH until I got used to it.

Thanks for the suggestions and will give it a crack.

Was enjoying huge clouds and flavour while mucking around with the 0mg but it seems that is a little unrealistic atm! lol
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post
    They are 50/50 juices from good life vapor, using an IGO l and svd (8-10 watts).

I'm not direct inhaling or anything like that...not even taking big drags like I did with the 0mg practice juice. It's crazy but the kick is making my eyes water!! Very un-macho like

Do you think I'll get used to it?
    Definitely turn it down if it's too harsh. It might actually be burning a little and that may be the source of your discomfort. What device are you putting this juice in?

Unless it's menthol or cinnamon or something there'd be almost no real throat hit with that mix.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Definitely turn it down if it's too harsh. It might actually be burning a little and that may be the source of your discomfort. What device are you putting this juice in?

Unless it's menthol or cinnamon or something there'd be almost no real throat hit with that mix.
    Yeah I'm a bit confused because one of the juices...atom bomb...I got some menthol with it and I can vape it much more easily. Go figure.

It's just in an igo-l dripper, cotton wick, 2ohm microcoil. This same coil was doing 12+watts with 0mg juice no burning whatsoever. I've got it back to 8 now and with a reasonable sized draw it is punching my throat big time. It's probably just me.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs-81 View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit confused because one of the juices...atom bomb...I got some menthol with it and I can vape it much more easily. Go figure.

It's just in an igo-l dripper, cotton wick, 2ohm microcoil. This same coil was doing 12+watts with 0mg juice no burning whatsoever. I've got it back to 8 now and with a reasonable sized draw it is punching my throat big time. It's probably just me.
    OK, try a 100% VG juice then. The reason I say this is that there's been a few people recently who were finding vaping uncomfortable or even painful. It turns out they may have a particular sensitivity to PG. Changing to all VG Juice seems to have solved the problem for at least two people that I know of. Funny how they come in batches though.

Try the 0 nic juice again also - it might be the nicotine exacerbating the effects of PG, or it might have been a cumulative affect.

Menthol generally can stand higher vaping temperatures than most other juices because (a) it doesn't fade so much at higher power (b) tends to mask off flavours from frying VG so it's not as noticeable and (c) apart from it's own effective throat hit it tends to have a slight numbing affect on the the mouth, throat, and taste buds.

Different flavours really do have different requirements for heat in the vape. Personally I find fruit flavours a little delicate, tobacco flavours about in the middle, and menthol can handle a lot. Some flavours even need a hotter coil for them to be stronger, I find aniseed to be one of these.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Cut the nic in half.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast