• 1 Post By Starry
  • 1 Post By aussievapes
  • 3 Post By originalglenn
  • 2 Post By Samtron

Thread: e-juice

AVF Regular

e-juice

Hi,

I've been vaping on just over a month and off the stinkies for 7 weeks this Wednesday. Last cig September 17th.

I have purchased ejuice from a few different vendors and want to know which is the best, value for dollar?

I have a heap ordered from fasttech, I ordered 16th October and checked the tracking and it says it will leave Hong Kong today, almost 3 weeks later. I know its probably not the best, but now I'm worried I will run out. I was a menthol smoker and have purchased mainly menthol juice, but the last lot I bought doesn't really have much of throat hit, (70%pg/30%vg) I was expecting a bit more and more flavour.

I even thought about making my own, but I'm not really that confident, maybe down the track.

I am in North Qld, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful.

Thanks in advance
    KitKat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Hi,

I've been vaping on just over a month and off the stinkies for 7 weeks this Wednesday. Last cig September 17th.

I have purchased ejuice from a few different vendors and want to know which is the best, value for dollar?

I have a heap ordered from fasttech, I ordered 16th October and checked the tracking and it says it will leave Hong Kong today, almost 3 weeks later. I know its probably not the best, but now I'm worried I will run out. I was a menthol smoker and have purchased mainly menthol juice, but the last lot I bought doesn't really have much of throat hit, (70%pg/30%vg) I was expecting a bit more and more flavour.

I even thought about making my own, but I'm not really that confident, maybe down the track.

I am in North Qld, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful.

Thanks in advance
    If you like Menthol I would get Menthol E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes with 5 extra shots, I usually get 50/50 with menthol.
    Its very strong and very menthol. I like it for a change.
    They also have a 555 menthol which is kind of like a newport ciggy USA Menthol E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
    I would get both
    Jeff
    KitKat likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps aussievapes. I'll definitely check them out.

This where I get confused, I thought the higher the pg, the better throat hit? Should I be ordering juice with doubles and triple flavours?

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps aussievapes. I'll definitely check them out.

This where I get confused, I thought the higher the pg, the better throat hit? Should I be ordering juice with doubles and triple flavours?
    Yes higher the throat hit, but also it might be the level of nic your getting might be a bit low. I get a throat hit with 18mg 30pg/70vg, I like lots of vapour. Really its who made it and what your vaping. When I DIY , I make my liquids at 18mg, but and 80vg/20pg and I get tons of throat hit. But other purchased juices with higher pg I hardly anything. Buy yes generally higher pg. I just find it depends on the quality of nic also.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Also 5x juice flavour especially menthol really gives you a frozen cool feeling in the back of your throat.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    I'm using nic free juice, I used to smoke 2 mg menthols, so I'm really just after a menthol throat hit. My first batch I bought were 50pg/50vg, and loved it. I then got a higher pg as I learnt a bit more, but now I'm thinking my last batch needs more menthol flavour. Can you buy menthol flavoring and add it to my juice? Sorry for all the questions, still learning.

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    I'm using nic free juice, I used to smoke 2 mg menthols, so I'm really just after a menthol throat hit. My first batch I bought were 50pg/50vg, and loved it. I then got a higher pg as I learnt a bit more, but now I'm thinking my last batch needs more menthol flavour. Can you buy menthol flavoring and add it to my juice? Sorry for all the questions, still learning.

Cheers.
    yes you can, they are called menthol crystals, I think MBV sells them also, The first menthol like is really menthol with the 5 extra. I use it sometimes just to add some menthol.
    Jeff

GirlyPantz, Samtron and KitKat like this.

AVF Regular
    dude first things first.

Fasttech have tried their best to corner the market...they also operate under another business name...."slowtech"....all their shipping goes through their slowtech business...never buy anything you NEED at the worlds biggest $2 store...only things you WANT...cos it takes ages.

Once you've grappled with that....the minute you take nic out of the equation? you also take throat hit out of the equation. PG assists with throat hit. for some people it even irritates the throat TOO much. But for most? it is a token ingredient to the throat hit that NICOTINE provides.

however you are definitely on the right track. Menthol provides an artificial throat hit. You can just keep adding menthol if you like. Or you can go to vaping cobra (VC's) and get menthol concentrate AND koolada...now koolada provides the cool without the menthol taste...that way you can add a certain amount of menthol and boost it with your koolada...also grand thing bout koolada is it ROCKS with other flavours. Is a mad ass throat hit enhancer...and it works with dessert flavours which i've only just discovered to my joy...

Heard good things bout Mt Baker Vapor, but i'm an utterly biased fan of VC's...when you see their flavour range you'll be like a kid in a candy store.

I'd advise not messing with menthol crystals for a while. It is a lot easier to play with concentrates using a calculator like Filbert's Vaping Toolkit this

if you do use crystals, this is from Charlie at VC's (and part of why he rocks):

"With the menthol crystals, you take a small amount, usually start with 5%. So lets say you are making 100ml, you will use 5g or menthol crystals and drop that into 90-95ml of PG (you need to leave room for the crystals once melted, so that's why between 90-95ml PG), next, get yourself a bowl or some other container that will allow you to fill it to about 3/4 the way up the 100ml bottle, next boil the kettle and fill the bowl to 3/4 the way up your bottle, make sure the cap is off the bottle.

If you find the menthol taste is not strong enough, you can add small amounts to the bottle and let dissolve and try again, keep doing this in small amounts until you are happy.

You could also do it in small volumes to start with and then move up to making a larger volume.

Another method, just use 20% of Menthol in PG, then break it down when you come to mixing up your own liquids, just like any other concentrate."

EDIT: just in case your wondering bout the last part there...i'm assuming 20% makes a menthol concentrate that'll get used at approx 5-10% of one's mixture.
    Last edited by Samtron; 09-11-13 at 02:05 PM.
    GirlyPantz and KitKat like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.