Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: diying a new juice

diying a new juice

ok so i got all my diy stuff today

i have had a play an come out with sour coke bottle flav... not bad.. really missing the nic tho (damn you posty)

what are some good basic recipes that you have found

an what are your recomended starting flavours

Quote Originally Posted by takedown View Post
    ok so i got all my diy stuff today

i have had a play an come out with sour coke bottle flav... not bad.. really missing the nic tho (damn you posty)

what are some good basic recipes that you have found

an what are your recomended starting flavours
    Probably be easier if you let us know what you have, then we could come up with some simple recipes to start with
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

So far i have

Peppermint
    Bavarian cream
    French vanilla
    Dk tobacco
    Malted milk extra
    Milk chocolate
    FA cola
    Jamaican rum

So far i have

Peppermint
    Bavarian cream
    French vanilla
    Dk tobacco
    Malted milk extra
    Milk chocolate
    FA cola
    Jamaican rum
    Ok, bit of a mixture there For a start I would go with the chocolate, jamaican rum, (careful with this one because it can be overpowering), and add some bavarian cream to the mix as well. Maybe 10% chocolate and bavarian cream, and 3-4% of the jamaican rum. Should produce something vapable

Peppermint with either the bavarian cream, the french vanilla, or the chocolate, might be nice, and you could try the tobacco with the cola.

Make up small amounts of any mix to start with, 3-5 mls, that way if it turns out horrible you haven't wasted a lot of stuff.

Remember also that when you add pg/vg and nic, it will dilute the flavours, and I would recommend steeping all mixes for at least 4-5 days before vaping them.

Have fun and experiment a bit, even just trying single flavours.

Good luck and if you come up with some amazing recipes don't forget to post them in the DIY recipe thread so everyone can give them a go
    oogy likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    So far i have

Peppermint
    Bavarian cream
    French vanilla
    Dk tobacco
    Malted milk extra
    Milk chocolate
    FA cola
    Jamaican rum

Bavarian Cream is a great one to smooth other flavours.
    French Vanilla is also a creamy flavour. Ditto malted milk.

No Fruits? Fruit flavour + Bavarian Cream + Grahame Cracker = creamy fruit pie.

Peppermint + milk chocolate seems to suggest itself, as does Rum+Choc. No doublt you had rum and cola in mind. Be very careful with both the rum and cola flavours as they can be strong. Start at 1% and work up from there.

For a tobacco flavour, try the DK tobacco with really tiny amounts of Chocolate and malted milk. By tiny, I mean about 2 drops per 10ml.

Hang on, how did you get *sour*? cola.

I highly recommend you taste all the flavours individually. Start off with very small percentages and work your way up exponentially to about 10%. This will give you an idea how strong the flavours are and how they will vape. Often you get some ideas about recipes from doing this too. Sometimes I've had no idea what to do with a flavour I bought on a whim, but vaping it instantly starts to trigger thoughts of flavour combinations that would work.

The common error when starting is to use too much flavour. This can either mute that flavour (true!), make it tasted like something else, or it quickly starts to taste like an accident in a chemical factory and can even put you off using that flavour for a long time. Sometimes less is more.
    spud and necro like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

thanks spud

ill have to try this hopefully i can make something worth while an if i make any thing thats good this will be the first place i post it too..

hey fabricator4

yeah no fruits as of yet im about to put another order in for more flavors

an i dont know how i ended with sour cola i just did lol i think its due to using too much of the cola flavor too lol

theres one main thing that stumps me with diy an thats how do you guys know how much to use i have no idea its all guess work
    is there something that says this flav recommend only this much an so forth

thanks guys for all the help... an if im missing something throw it at me or ill never get it lol

AVF Regular
    thanks spud

ill have to try this hopefully i can make something worth while an if i make any thing thats good this will be the first place i post it too..

hey fabricator4

yeah no fruits as of yet im about to put another order in for more flavors

an i dont know how i ended with sour cola i just did lol i think its due to using too much of the cola flavor too lol

theres one main thing that stumps me with diy an thats how do you guys know how much to use i have no idea its all guess work
    is there something that says this flav recommend only this much an so forth

thanks guys for all the help... an if im missing something throw it at me or ill never get it lol
    The place where you buy the concentrates from may have some information, but it's often minimal. I've often found that I do something quite different to what the vendor recommends. Also be aware that there can be big variations between manufacturers for the same flavour, and even differences for the same brand between vendors.

No, the absolute best way to get an idea is to vape the individual flavours at various concentrations. If the concentrate seems quite strong then you need to start one percent. Some need even less than that - for example tobacco absolute only needs about two drops per 10ml for a strong flavour. Keep doubling (roughly) the percentage of concentrate until you know what you are dealing with. For example I would go 1%,2%,5%(just 'cause it's easy) then 10%. Don't mix the next one until you evaluated the current one. It helps to make notes on your observations and keep them for later reference.

Pay attention to the *type* of flavour. For example French Vanilla is (or should be) a creamy type mild vanilla. It has a smooth texture and the aftertaste is lingering vanilla. This tells me that it would be useful to increase the body of a vape, and might tone down something with a harsh finish.

As you test the flavours ideas are sure to start bubbling up. Just jump in, but do take your time to evaluate the flavours.

Once you start mixing flavours together it's probably best to stay under 20% total concentrate additions, unless they are really weak flavourings. All of my regular mixes are less than 10%, some are not even 6%.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The place where you buy the concentrates from may have some information, but it's often minimal. I've often found that I do something quite different to what the vendor recommends. Also be aware that there can be big variations between manufacturers for the same flavour, and even differences for the same brand between vendors.

No, the absolute best way to get an idea is to vape the individual flavours at various concentrations. If the concentrate seems quite strong then you need to start one percent. Some need even less than that - for example tobacco absolute only needs about two drops per 10ml for a strong flavour. Keep doubling (roughly) the percentage of concentrate until you know what you are dealing with. For example I would go 1%,2%,5%(just 'cause it's easy) then 10%. Don't mix the next one until you evaluated the current one. It helps to make notes on your observations and keep them for later reference.

Pay attention to the *type* of flavour. For example French Vanilla is (or should be) a creamy type mild vanilla. It has a smooth texture and the aftertaste is lingering vanilla. This tells me that it would be useful to increase the body of a vape, and might tone down something with a harsh finish.

As you test the flavours ideas are sure to start bubbling up. Just jump in, but do take your time to evaluate the flavours.

Once you start mixing flavours together it's probably best to stay under 20% total concentrate additions, unless they are really weak flavourings. All of my regular mixes are less than 10%, some are not even 6%.

ok so in a nut shell start small an build up over time..

well so far i have just done this mix all flavor apprentice
    bavarian cream
    milk chocolate
    jamaican run

no nic strait pg an vg (not to my likeing *bangs head* bad nic withdrawlz over here)

its not bad but i see where you mean try flavours by them self cos with the three combined i have no idea what im tasting
    so im gonna go back to trying a heap of flavours buy them self an work my way up from there
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    no nic strait pg an vg (not to my likeing *bangs head* bad nic withdrawlz over here)
    OK, I can relate to that. If you have any NRT like gum or lozenges in the house, you should use them. Woollies and Coles sell them as well, look in the medications section. No it's not the same as vaping nicotine, but sucking a 4mg nicotine lozenge while vaping is the next best thing.

If all else fails, have a smoke. Seriously, you're supposed to enjoy vaping. You'll get your nicotine base and it will all happen in time.

its not bad but i see where you mean try flavours by them self cos with the three combined i have no idea what im tasting
    so im gonna go back to trying a heap of flavours buy them self an work my way up from there
    Exactly! It never comes out right first go, well hardly ever anyway. If you don't understand the flavours on their own you can never be sure which concentrate is contributing that odd flavour. There may be one brand that just isn't working for you the way you expect, or it may just be too strong and so on. If you vape them on their own first you will understand what is causing that odd flavour.

No matter, you're doing great really. DIY has quite a steep learning curve. Some people get to the point where they just have two or three flavours they are happy with and stay there. I did for some time but now my sense of taste has come back with a vengeance and I am searching and playing with flavours again.

Oh, Vaping Cobra have Flavour Art, The Flavour Apprentice, and Capella Drops flavourings. When you make an order you can also pick a free flavour doubler from a limited range of test flavours they have. Often there's only been one available but they've got about five now: http://vapingcobra.com.au/hand-made-...-made-eliquid/

I'm currently vaping on the Peach Tea freebie that I got with an order this week.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 08-11-13 at 06:21 PM.
    spud likes this.

yes deff a steep learning curve it hurts the old brain but boy now that i can taste from quitting the smokes
    the diy seemed to be the best way to go

must say its good fun
    fabricator4 and spud like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast