Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: newbie

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I've been doing a bit of looking and i'm now very confused. I think I wanna go more towards the likes of a silver bullet rather then a ego. The problem is when comparing things i'm not too sure which is better. probably to help you guys out i've been looking at doing a silver bullet and a Kanger pro tank 2. I think for me a tank would be better as I will probably get fed up with having to put in drops every time I wanna vape. What I wanna know are these worth the money, is there something else I should be looking at or do you guys don't think its a good move to go straight to the silver bullet for a newbie? Any help would be appreciated.

AVF Regular
    Welcome AJ26,

have you checked out Noes List ! ?

I dont know the silver bullet, but have not been here long myself. Perhaps a more senior member can answer.

I do like my ego's as a place to start......

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Super Moderator
    AJ for versatility and "growability" , perhaps you could look at a VAMO instead of a dedicated mechanical mod like the bullet , which is good by the way , but there is no way to tailor an SB if you are using proprietary atomisers ... you get the full battery voltage all the time , and it changes as the battery weakens ... someting like the vamo means you can play with adjusting the voltage or wattage using any atomiser to what you like ,without having to rewind coils etc to bring the atty in line to what vape you find yourself preferring .

Just my 2c

Welcome to the forums
    margyb, oogy and spud like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

The Vamo was one of my first buys after wasting too much money on cigarette looking things and small sticks... the silver bullet is good and some say pretty to look at but the vamo allows a tonne of flexiblity and choices that the silver bullet cant. If you want to learn more about ecigs and you want a little power behind it and not spend alot of money a vamo is def the way to go..
    Fatman and DanGibson like this.

AVF Regular
    Let's not forget the great SVD. It works just like vamo.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I'm going to give the same advice I posted in the other newbie thread, recently about a big mod:

Welcome to AVF, here's the thread of my newbie list: Noes List !
    I think if you wanted to skip eGo's & go for a big mod, then you could add this:
    Smoktech SID VV/VW MOD [05-C-4-3] - $33.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    And drop the eGo kits from your order but you will then need some of the clearo's that are also on my list as optional.

Then you will need some 18650 Li-Ion batts & a charger to go with it, which I wouldn't get from HC, since you are in a hurry & want to save some money, I would get these batts:
    2X Sanyo UR18650F 2600 MAH 18650 Lithium LI ION Battery | eBay
    & the charger (which isn't the best but it's cheap & reliable):
    VM MadMod Charger | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

While at VapingMad, you might as well take a look at their doublers & grab a few to try when you're ready to start mixing with the unflavored nic you get from HC, this will offset the postage cost :
    MadMixes (E-Juice) | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

Also take a look at this thread for my guide to juice strength & consumtion, to give you an idea of what you need for juice:
    Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    margyb likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I love my Silver Bullets and still use them on a daily basis!

If you're looking for a mod that will last you a long time definitely check them out. I do use a Silver Bullet + Protank 2/IGO-L as my going out device and yeapp they are worth the money

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    So I'm going to go with the smoktech SID. at the moment my cart looks like this

- smoktech SID
    - A few 10ml Dekang E-Juice
    - Kanger pro tank 2
    - A few 501 drip tips
    - 5pc Kanger Ts3 1.8ohm

Then the battery and charger Noe suggested.

Now the other question I've got is if I buy doublers from gaping mad and buy the 36mg 75%pg 25%vg nic from HC do I need to buy PG and VG or does this one already have it in it?
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi aj26,

Welcome

Noe knows! Noe knows the nose i need for my pliers but ive forgotten, you might need pliers one day too if you start making your own coils.....but dont even think about that just yet. Ill just answer your question

With the 36mg nic youve ordered, it already has the pg and vg in it if using it with your Vaping mad doublers. If you were using triplers or concentrates you would add pg and vg as well. If youre not on a strict budget it would be a good idea to pick up some pg and vg from healthcabin as you will probably need it in future.
    Noe likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aj26 View Post
    So I'm going to go with the smoktech SID. at the moment my cart looks like this

- smoktech SID
    - A few 10ml Dekang E-Juice
    - Kanger pro tank 2
    - A few 501 drip tips
    - 5pc Kanger Ts3 1.8ohm

Then the battery and charger Noe suggested.

Now the other question I've got is if I buy doublers from gaping mad and buy the 36mg 75%pg 25%vg nic from HC do I need to buy PG and VG or does this one already have it in it?
    Be sure to select "double flavor" when ordering from vaping mad or you will be ordering single flavor which will be too weak in taste.
    I'd also get them in 50/50 PG/VG, when mixed with your nic this will make juice that is full flavored, 18mg/ml & 62.5/37.5 PG/VG, which is a good ratio IMO. 70/30 would be better but it won't be possible with what you will have or with the options available.
    All you need to do is mix the nic & doubler 50/50 so if you use 5ml nic you use 5ml doubler.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast