Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ssstahly
  • 1 Post By avtek
  • 1 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: Batteries and charger help for a mech newb

Batteries and charger help for a mech newb

Hi guys,
    Ive had a search around but iam having trouble finding what batteries and charger to buy . Ive got a clone nemesis on the way and its my first go at mechanical mods so I havnt had to buy this stuff before.
    I usually get my hardware locally at places like vapeking but iam just odering some stuff from fasttech is any thing from gthem battery and charger wise any good? I dont want to buy rubbish that is going to catch on fire obviously.
    Prob going to run rda at around 1ohm and up, not going to go anything silly if that helps because iam just starting out

AVF Regular
    I use AW IMR's and have an Efest LUC charger. Both bought from Vapeking and both great quality.
    It's not worth skimping when it comes to batteries and chargers.
    McVapen likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    batteries from fasttech are a bad idea at the moment - they get delayed/blocked by hk post - yer better off buying the batteries from australia

re what batteries to buy here - there was a similar question asked recently and avf member coopz posted a really good reply with some solid advice - see if you can find that

as for chargers - here is one that is recommended often - but if yer getting batteries from australia then you'll have to wait ages to get this from fasttech

$19.40 Nitecore I4 V2 Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-Cd Smart Battery Charger - 4-channel charger / version 2.0 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The Nitecore is a good charger but the Jetbeam is slightly better & should ship in around the same amount of time from here:
    JETBeam Intellicharge I4 Pro Battery Charger | eBay

If you want a cheap charger that will ship from Aus this one is ok too:
    http://www.vapingmad.com.au/shop/cha...admod-charger/

As for batts these are good & ship from Aus:
    2X Sanyo UR18650F 2600 MAH 18650 Lithium LI ION Battery | eB

Last edited by Noe; 11-11-13 at 12:57 PM.
    Quom likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

VapeBar has some great priced AW IMR batteries and good quality chargers. The AW's have the highest current outputs which is what you are needing with mechanical mods. Don't worry what the mAh reading is, it's a high C rating which makes batteries worth while.

Super Moderator
    Heya McV , I sound like a broken record when it comes to batteries lol ....all of the above are good suggestions , it isn't said often , but most new people to mechs and rebuildables forget about getting a good quality multimeter (if you haven't got one already) essential for protecting batteries from dead shorts and/or dodgy windings
    Again everything you need is available locally thru AVF member Supersports600's ebay store .
    Batteries are a personal thing , but I would rather pay for good quality , known factory-sourced batts . When you think about it , the battery you buy is going to directly affect the quality of your vape . You are gonna want IMR or the new INR high current Panasonic batteries ... the efest are a budget conscious IMR but I do prefer the others (Panasonics/Sanyo) in terms of longevity
    Linky to SS
    supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Protected items on eBay Stores!
    Fast postage , quality tested gear , and a member who has looked after this community well
    sushiaddiction likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

TUC
    Whichever battery you go with, ensure their max discharge rate can handle the Ohms you plan on pushing. I like AW IMR because they are a high Amp battery (1600's up to 24Amps). The previous Sanyo's are rated at 2.6 Amps.

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can't even trust his own pants. "

Thanks for replies really appreciate the help. Ive ordered a whole bunch of stuff. Ill report back with how I get on

AVF Regular
    VK got these in recently, ordered one instantly. Can say they're far better than any charger I've used or seen yet, easy to read and easy to use.
    Efest LUC V4 Smart Charger

For batteries to run regular coils I'd suggest AW IMR or Efest 18650 batteries. Available almost everywhere with around 10a limit, they're safe and get the job done.
    For sub ohms I can recommend Efest 18650 30a batteries. There are other high amp limit batteries but I won't link or recommend them as I haven't used them.
    These are available at JuiceWhore.
    Efest 18650 IMR Battery - JuiceWhore