Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Couple of months in

Couple of months in

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to everyone for all the info you've posted, I've been lurking for a few months and figured I should start paying back all the help and info I've absorbed, so just signed up.

I first started smoking tailor mades 23+ years ago, moved to rollies a few years later because I enjoyed the taste and the act of making them and since then steadily increased my consumption to the point that I was pretty much chain smoking from the time I got up until the time I went to bed.

I ordered my first lot of vaping gear still very much with no idea what all the terms meant (spent and hour or so ordering ego's, juice and some stardusts, with a vendor page on one screen and a dozen tabs from AVF on the other). That was the end of August, gear arrived beginning of Sept and without actually meaning to I've been off the analogues since then.

My original intent was to get something to help me cut down my 30-50 rollie a day habit. For me it was a very simple switch, Friday night, few beers, few smokes, few vapes and finally getting my head around some of the basic terms with the hardware sitting in front of me. Saturday morning, I'll try this stuff out with the morning cuppa, Saturday afternoon realised I hadn't had a smoke all day and thought stuff it I'm done.

Last week I finally got around to throwing out the half full pack of champion ruby that's been sitting next to me untouched for the last two months

With the help provided in so many different posts, and a guiding hand by a very kind vendor (thanks Elise), I've progressed form chain smoking, to chain vaping 24 mg juice in ego's and stardusts, to now playing around with some rebuildable atomisers and drippers on 12mg juice.

By no measure am I an expert but for anyone still smoking and considering this, jump in feet first it's well worth it.

Lots more to the story but that's probably enough for now.

Cheers

Apoc

Well done Apoc
    I'm heading towards the 3 months and I was a 55 year smoker although not as many a day!!
    Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Lyn
    lozza 82 and spud like this.

I quit smoking at 8.00pm on 22 August 2013 and started vaping immediately after

AVF Regular
    That's the best news I've had for ages! So great to hear, and a big welcome to the forum.

What kind of juice do you like?
    spud likes this.

I'd like to make a prediction that with all the new vapers we are seeing lately, (and a big welcome to all of you), that the snowball effect is gaining a bit of momentum.

Glad to see you've made the switch Apoc
    tally-ho likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Thanks for this post, it was really well timed! I have been struggling a bit with my switch to vaping and wish I had lurked around the site a lot more before I bought some product. I now know I severely underestimated my nicotine addiction and started with all the wrong hardware and nic concentrations, but live and learn right?

Well done!
    tally-ho and spud like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    That's the best news I've had for ages! So great to hear, and a big welcome to the forum.

What kind of juice do you like?
    Thanks JenJ,

I'm flipping a lot on juices, Granny Grumble and Cussing Tart are heavy regulars, but got a dozen or so clearo's, carto's and RBA's with various juices loaded that get swapped around all day as my taste changes, didn't think it starting out but tending towards the sweeter flavour juices (don't normally go for sweet foods).

Keen to try lots of different things as I'm starting to enjoy a lot of the flavours now that previously didn't do anything for me (need to increase my pyrex count so I don't have to worry about tank cracking as I really don't like juice leaking all over the place).

AVF Regular
    Cussing tart is a nice juice. I didn't think I'd go for sweet flavours either but turns out almost all of my favourites are dessert flavours.
    It sounds like you are doing really well.

What drippers are you looking at? Drippers are so much better for flavour, you get a cleaner more pure taste.
    Gresh11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    I'd like to make a prediction that with all the new vapers we are seeing lately, (and a big welcome to all of you), that the snowball effect is gaining a bit of momentum.

Glad to see you've made the switch Apoc
    I hope so, anecdotal evidence and all that but the way I feel is night and day compared to the "smoker" me

Funny thing is the first couple of weeks I was a secretive vaper when I was out and about, having thrown that inhibition to the wind it's surprising the number of people that pull me up for a chat as I'm cruising about with a Z-Max in full telescope mode and atty hanging out of my gob. Some are having a smoke with a PV in their pocket but don't seem comfortable taking a hit off the PV

Cheers spud
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    I hope so, anecdotal evidence and all that but the way I feel is night and day compared to the "smoker" me

Funny thing is the first couple of weeks I was a secretive vaper when I was out and about, having thrown that inhibition to the wind it's surprising the number of people that pull me up for a chat as I'm cruising about with a Z-Max in full telescope mode and atty hanging out of my gob. Some are having a smoke with a PV in their pocket but don't seem comfortable taking a hit off the PV

Cheers spud
    I think we all go through a bit of shyness at the start. Its interesting though, this snowball effect, I live in a very conservative small town, and of all places, its the local golf club where vaping is taking off in a big way, as well as various work places. I would say that the majority of new switchers are above 45 years of age as well, which is something I find really interesting. It has somewhat surprised me that this would be the demographic in this town, that has taken to vaping so easily.

Good to see you've lost your shyness, lol, but expect to have lots of questions from people wanting to switch themselves
    Last edited by spud; 13-11-13 at 01:02 AM. Reason: spelling
    tugboatofdeath likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    nice to hear that story spud, word of mouth is very powerful, esp in a small town.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast