Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: first hurdle cleared

first hurdle cleared

Hi all.
    Well im almost a week into vaping without a smoke plus last night we had a bit of a booze up and I didnt feel like a smoke at all. The minister for war and finance had a slight hicup and snuck in a cigarette but besides that she has held of.

This is the longest I have not lit up a smoke in over 12 years so im pretty happy with myself.

AVF Regular
    Good job one week down that's the hard bit 1 smoke is better than the 100 she would have had if not vaping
    Gresh11 and aniangel like this.

AVF Regular
    Brilliant news, it's a good feeling isn't it.

Did your wife enjoy the cigarette she smoked?

She did tell me she enoyed it but she is regretting having it.

AVF Regular
    No point in regretting...only leads to bad things. Forget and move on is far more productive.

Must admit I'm surprised she enjoyed it, I have one every now and then when I'm drinking with friends and it's always a disgusting experience. But now that I think of it, I probably didn't feel like that after only one week -although it was only after half a day of vaping that I noticed how bad cigarettes actually tasted. These days I can't even finish one.

Thanks, we were standing in the smoking corning vaping and I did notice how bad they smelt. To tell the truth I was itching to have one myself but held off.
    Last edited by HaveYouSeenMyBaseball?; 17-11-13 at 05:50 PM.

AVF Regular
    Well done, the first hurdle is the hardest. It will get easier and easier.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Good on you both.

Even after 2years off them I still find the waft of distant fresh smoke oddly alluring. I haven't tried a ciggie since I started and know I won't but I expected to hate the smell of ciggies. Its only the old smell on a smoker that I find gross.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Good work on the 1 week & resisting the urge to have a smoke mate. Tell your wife not to beat herself up about the 1 cancer stick, it's the 100's she hasn't had all week that are important.

After 2 weeks I deliberately, sober, had a smoke & it was absolutely terrible, made me feel sick to the point where I almost threw up, I needed a shower after it to get the stench off of me.
    From that point on I knew I wouldn't go back to smoking & I never have.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks everyone. Its very helpful to hear encouraging support.
    There were a few people that had a couple of smart ass comments like "you know there not safe" and "you know they could kill you" but not one person could remeber were they had read that themself or saw the humor in telling me while smoking that my vaping would harm me
    Last edited by HaveYouSeenMyBaseball?; 17-11-13 at 06:09 PM. Reason: non understanding of spelling and grammer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast