Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 1st purchase: comments, suggestions, whatever please...

1st purchase: comments, suggestions, whatever please...

Hi All,
    I'm new to the forum and almost as new to Vaping. My mate Pipesub loaned me an e-Go starter kit with big-ass batteries.
    That was last Monday. Initially I was going to go for the e-cigs Aussie Blue Endurance kit. Partly for the size and the re-charge case, and partly because I thought Mrs. Roob would be more likely to stick with it if it was more like a ciggy.
    Having been at it for a week (VAPING!! get yer minds outta the gutter, you preverts), she is very happy to use the e-Go. I like the clearomisers better than the cartomisers conceptually too, so we've changed our minds and intend to start with this kit:

Steam-e-cigs | 650mah Starter Kit

I still like the idea of the automatic battery, so I'm thinking of additionally purchasing 1 or 2 automatic batteries with appropriate charger and a few nano-clearomisers fromk the same place - Steam-e-Cigs.

Steam-e-cigs | Vision V-Nano clearomizer - Clearomizers - Products

I like to have a fag in my mouth when I'm spannering my motorbike or replacing strings on my guitar, things like that. I also thought it might make it easier to turn my daughter onto getting away from cigs if she has access to something of a similar shape and size. And it'd be handy to have a backup system.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any opinions (pro or con) you guys have on the gear I've mentioned and/or the retailer. I'm gonna purchase tomorrow so I'd love to hear from you before then If you can be arsed writing anything.

Cheers - doc
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Gday Doc Steamy cigs are good people they will look after you i was a heavy smoker and the 650 batts didnt cut it for me i got the 1300 spinners they were great
    I too used to have a smoke hanging out my mouth when ever i done anything you get over it its a bit hard to hang on to a 250gm mod with ya teeth lol
    Show your daughter pics of all the bueatifull women vaping that will change her mind
    Last edited by SUCKITIN; 18-11-13 at 01:39 PM.
    Fatman, Gresh11 and Pipesub like this.

Super Moderator
    Reckon you are off to a good start there Roob
    The Steamies are pretty cool and reputable mob according to those who have dealt with Max and Nat .
    Auto batteries have a habit of not being as reliable long term as manual ones , you have to be on the ball in keeping any leaking liquid out of the connectors , as it will seep down and mess with the switch if it gets in , having said that , if you get into the habit of cleaning them with a cotton bud and sopping up any condensate each time you change or charge them , it helps avoid that .
    You might also want to look at slightly bigger batteries for home/work use , the 650's dont quite cut it as all day out an about ones , but they are good for a half day usually .
    Make sure you have backups of everything , including charger etc , that way you are not left dangling in case something goes awry

Good luck with your journey
    Pipesub likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Retired Account
    You might just need to take it on faith, but those little auto batteries are something you and your family will grow out of so quickly, don't invest a lot of $$s in them.
    They do work, and they can keep you off the smokes, but in a very short period of time, the frequency of charging those batteries and topping up the liquid will drive you nearly batty.
    I have a little box mod called an MVP, and these things are really awesome. You get a couple of days vaping between charging, and you have the ability to play around with the voltage, and in the V2 version, the wattage as well, not that I have a clue about wattage, and I am pretty keen on V1 because I like the button much better than the V2 button. The other really brilliant thing about these little box mods (which fit really nicely in my hand too, by the way) is that they can act as an emergency charger for my mobile phone and even some other small electrical devices, like a tablet. They also have a puff counter, so you can keep track of how many puffs you're taking.. which is just a geeky cool thing too!

While you might have to do the cig-alike to get started with, I foresee a very quick evolution onto longer lasting hardware.

All the very best of luck to you, vaping is great!!

AVF Regular
    Agree with Suckitin.

As a newby as well, factor in a bigger capacity & variable battery. The difference is noticeable, particularly if you're a heavy smoker.

From the same retailer you're dealing with, look under batteries. Something like the 1100 twist or 1300 spinner. The 1300 spinner would be preferable as it's shorter, but bigger diameter.
    Pipesub likes this.

Thanks for your speedy replies, guys.
    I guess we'll have to see how we go with the 650mAh batts. The ones Pipesub lent us are (I think) 1000mAh ones with variable voltage (I think) control at the end - e-Go C twist. In the week we've had them, Mrs. Roob has charged hers once and me twice and we've been pretty much off ciggies (rollies) right from the get-go. I could count on one hand the number I've had since last Tuesday, and wouldn't even need to have fingers to count since last Thursday. The half full Packet of Champion Ruby sits untouched in the drawer next to the unfilled Zippo.
    -doc
    margyb, tally-ho, Pipesub and 1 others like this.

What they said :-)
    Jeez, 2 charges a week! I go through 1/ 1/2 18350s a day and was charging a twist at work and home on a regular basis.
    You might be ok with your choice.

Yeah I reckon so, Pipesub. I'll get an extra battery just so there's a spare, but it's always nice to share a vape with Mrs. Roob when one of the batts is on charge
    It's funny, she always smoked more Rollies than me, but her battery and juice last longer vaping. I guess I was averaging about 10 Rollies a day, but that could easily double on a late night out or just hangin' and shootin the shit with friends.
    Last edited by Dr.Roob; 18-11-13 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot to say...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome Dr. Roob.

Autobatteries sound really appealing, to newbies but once you read up a bit on them from experienced vapers, you will find they aren't all they are cracked up to be. They have a higher failure rate than manual batteries & they can quite often misfire just from the wind blowing on them.

You get used to pressing a button to vape very quickly & it becomes second nature.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Roob View Post
    Yeah I reckon so, Pipesub. I'll get an extra battery just so there's a spare, but it's always nice to share a vape with Mrs. Roob when one of the batts is on charge
    It's funny, she always smoked more Rollies than me, but her battery and juice last longer vaping. I guess I was averaging about 10 Rollies a day, but that could easily double on a late night out or just hangin' and shootin the shit with friends.
    This could easily be explained by your Missus taking fewer drags per rollie than you did of yours. If you were rolling them slightly thicker there would also be more nic in them.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast