Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Help with my first dripper setup

Help with my first dripper setup

I think the thread belongs here because it might be too simple / too stupid to be asked in other sub-forum.

All I get is very very tight pull, *pop pop* loud noise and juice jumping to my mouth.
    Here's the pic if someone can spot something wrong

Coil is 1.4ohm on sigelei ohm meter, I wish I knew what gauge but Bagnet does not specify it, kinda think, maybe 28-30gauge, not 32.

Cheers

Super Moderator
    First up Gerzzz where that coil is sitting , I wouldnt be suprised if it isnt earthing out onto the top cap when its fitted .
    You need to get it more centred .
    Try and eliminate as much of the wire length on the legs to the terminals too .
    Looking at that coil its way too clean , no sign that its firing properly and burning off juice
    You need to get it heaps tidier , get the coil well away from the edge of the atty , and when you have done that , fire it with the cap off and make sure it glows evenly around the wick . it might not show as a deep glow cos its so wet , but you should see juice vapourising off the whole coil , and no red hot bits unless its the whole coil is red hot .( dry firing is best to start with )
    Last edited by Fatman; 19-11-13 at 12:17 AM.
    Altered1 and Apoc like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I'm by no stretch an expert but is there sufficient clearance between your coil and the cover when installed? Looks to me like the coil might short out when you put the cover on

Might be something more subtle that more experienced users will pick up on, but did the dry fire look ok?

Edit: FM beats me to it again
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    your wires leading to your posts are kinda far away. you wanna make it closer by minimizing the 'exposed kanthal' as short as possible. You might be getting metallic taste. Tight pull problem, is your wick covering your air hole? If you fix your wires shorter towards the posts, your coil/wick should be very close to the post. Popping is normal, but a loud pop might mean you are overwicking? The wick seems pretty wet, give it a few more fires it should settle down
    Fatman likes this.

@Fm, I tried to center it, fire it off-cap, it does same thing like before, making vapor but the coil is not glowing red.

I tried one pull and coughed real bad, unvapable at all

@urecia, I tried to make the wires closer to post but very stiff to work on, haven't really played with wires before.
    Yep pop is really loud, even louder than clearo pops.

AVF Regular
    did you torch your kanthal before use? Its stiff but after you torch it, it should be easier to work with. Its meant to be a little stiff at least. You dont want it to be soft. It should pop louder the normal clearos.

I did not torch it, will try again tomorrow.
    It's not regular small pop though, it's comparable to when you clap slowly.

Super Moderator
    get those legs short Gerzzz they should pretty much hold the wick right next to the posts , just make sure the next coil in the helix doesn't touch the post or sit right next to it ... what device are you firing it on ?
    You might , if you have a VV or VW mod want to dial it back a bit being 1.4 ohms you should only be putting 3.3 or 3.4 V in to get a vape of about 8Watts
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    Good to always consult a power chart when beginning , gives you an idea of what could be happening when you fire up

urecia and justdanno like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast