Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Threading question

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Semaphore, SA
    Posts
    868

    Threading question

    So, I use the V2 automatic batteries, and like any noob here, I'm wanting to explore different tastes and nic concentrations. I've read that the V2 batteries have/are 808 threads on them - can anyone confirm?

    V2 have just released a clearomiser for their batteries, but at $US14.95 for 3, they seem a little pricey, I'm wanting a lead to alternatives that I could purchase, as I am happy with the performance of the battery itself.

    My head is spinning, trying to work out what fits with what, so all rescue attempts will be most grateful received, cheers Deb

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sydney (vaping since Nov 2011)
    Posts
    2,144
    Would suggest you get a 808->510 converter/adapter so you can use any 510 stuff. I used to do this, but would suggest skip this step and get an ego twist or vision spinner and mini protank. We all have to move away from cigalikes at some point.
    margyb, Fatman, jen and 4 others like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Semaphore, SA
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Would suggest you get a 808->510 converter/adapter so you can use any 510 stuff. I used to do this, but would suggest skip this step and get an ego twist or vision spinner and mini protank. We all have to move away from cigalikes at some point.
    Thank you for your response. So, this does confirm it's an 808 thread?? , cheers Deb

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    5,188
    v2 is 808 threaded.
    check out smokeless image as they are also 808 threaded and do clearos
    Mathy likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hobart Tasmania
    Posts
    5,658
    gtadmin and Mathy like this.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Semaphore, SA
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Thanks MargyB, I want some clearomisers and V2 have just released some, but they are $15US for 3 vs (now I have the info to check) $6.50US for 5, 808 threaded.

    One reason that I'm wanting these is to try different e-liquids, because I have just discovered that the V2 cartridges (cartomisers??) are made in China. I personally do not want to eat, drink or inhale anything that is produced in China, not after the melamine in the milk issue or the dreadful things (including deaths) that chinese manufactured jerky treats for dogs have caused.

    I have spent some time researching where I want to go next on my e-cig journey, and I want to buy a Kanger Evod 650mah, with EVOD clearomisers, and I want to buy it from an Australian supplier because I want an aussie mains charger.This unit works for me size wise, but, there is a lot of out of stocks - unless I want something yucky like yellow (my least favourite colour), or I settle for boring black - which I may have to lol.

    Many thanks for your thoughts folks, now to order some of the above clearomisers and try some flavours - which is another whole new buying exercise! cheers Deb

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post

    One reason that I'm wanting these is to try different e-liquids, because I have just discovered that the V2 cartridges (cartomisers??) are made in China. I personally do not want to eat, drink or inhale anything that is produced in China, not after the melamine in the milk issue or the dreadful things (including deaths) that chinese manufactured jerky treats for dogs have caused.

    I have spent some time researching where I want to go next on my e-cig journey, and I want to buy a Kanger Evod 650mah, with EVOD clearomisers, and I want to buy it from an Australian supplier because I want an aussie mains charger.
    All Kanger products are made in China, as are 99% of all ecig batteries and products...including your v2 batteries I'd say.
    margyb likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Semaphore, SA
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    All Kanger products are made in China, as are 99% of all ecig batteries and products...including your v2 batteries I'd say.
    I don't have a problem with their electronics, they make good stuff on the whole. As I stated, "I don't want to eat, drink or inhale" - their attitude towards food and drink production, leaves a lot to be desired

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sydney (vaping since Nov 2011)
    Posts
    2,144
    +1 JenJ. Mathy just make sure you get brand name authentic if you are concerned about quality, although a lot of the clone stuff at fasttech is just fine. i wouldn't gamble with cheap batteries though.

    The Evod ones are fine, but they aren't variable voltage. If you want to make the next step I really suggest you spend a little bit more and get a spinner or an ego twist (pretty cheap and lasts all day) the main reason being is that I find the older the clearo gets the more voltage it needs (because its getting more and more clogged).

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    5,188
    all ecig stuff from v2 will be from china. you will be hard pressed to find any topper for your batteries that isnt made in china. the juice in the carts from v2 will be chinese also.
    find it funny really.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:29 PM.