Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New to e-cigs! -Did I just order a piece of cr*p?

Hi there! I ordered something called a super mini from a E-cigs unlimited on a whim after seeing some Scottish guy on you tube who made it look quite good. My thinking was it looked most like an actual cigarette and made a lot of vapor if you taped up a hole so I'll trick myself with it.

I've cut down smoking from a pack a day to a point where a pack of 25 can last me over a week, but I always find it hard to have a drink without smoking a few during the night still... so thought I'd try this instead to beat that urge.

It came to 39 bucks delivered so it's no biggie if it's not great. I just really wanted to give e-cigarettes a try. I am getting 5 cartridges of malboro flavored nicotine and charger.

So ive been thinking about this order as it seems to be taking ages to arrive i decide to do a bit of research...Then I discovered this site and I'm thinking I've not gone about this the right way.

So my question is...What should I order if I want the closest look and feel of a real cig? how long will my 5 cartridges last and will they taste like sh*%te? Really don't want to be put off with a bad product because to potential benefits are amazing and could save my life.

Let me know how you go mate.....I have a story behind this and I would like to know what the product is actually like

Edit:Which one did you choose?
    You might want to look at some of the vendor sites here as I started with an Elusion from NZ.
    It was great and from day one I was off the cigs and is a pretty good product.
    But I found I was going through a cart a day,constantly recharging the battery(size i.e.mAh and usage dictates how long the batts last between charges.) and had to re-order,went back to rollies while I waited for the shipping,so it ended up costing more than I thought plus I had to go back to the filthy's in between as I had no idea at the time.

Shipping and hardware products are fast and in stock here in Aus so check the Vendors section.
    Most stock non-nico juices and doublers(to mix with your Nic juice)

Nico,you will have to import whether in liquid form for mixing or pre-filled so I'd be getting up to speed with that asap to avoid the lag,even if you have to place another order with them for more prefilled carts,you'll still be ahead.

Hey most of us did it this way before we found these forums but at least you've made up your mind

Most will probably say go eGo starter or something similar,they are a good starter IMO.
    I fact I'm only using an eGo-T and you can check the sig banner below.Haven't had a durrie since!

You will most likely outgrow the mini cig thing quickly but no loss, at the worst at least you'll get a break from them,just enough to start getting your smell back and feeling better.

Not sure about taping the holes shut though you need them to draw the juice down to make Vape.

Though you can just put your finger over one or two and see for yourself.

Congrats on the move!
    Last edited by Mushman; 09-09-11 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks for the response mushman! Yes I had realized I will need to order some nico juice ASAP, but it was 3 bucks for a little bottle then 20 with the postage which put me right off. I'm thinking I might go for the ego starter kit then and get a bundle of stuff together with it. At the end of the day it might cost a bit of money to get going but i think it will be worth it. Cheers! Good work with no smokes for 2 month, I hope to go the same!

Does the look of the thing not bother people? I think I'm still hung up on getting a cig replica, so I can smoke it in public and not worry about looking a bit odd or something.

The one I've got on the way is the super mini ec401.
    Last edited by Antz; 09-09-11 at 10:01 AM.

A lot of people want something that looks like a cig at first, some will stick with that and be quite happy, others want want something that performs better and don't really care what it looks like.

An eGo kit would be a good really good start, perhaps order a few other things with the kit so you can get a better idea of what is going to work for you. Cartomizers, 510 / 306 atomizers, eGo-T atomozers.

Another alternative that is closer to a cig might be a 510-T kit, performance is OK but you may find the battery life a bit lacking.

Thanks lothar sounds like a good idea I'll have a look at the 501-t battery life is not a big concern for me as I'm hoping to just use sparingly to beat the cig urges.

funny that! i started with that same brand two years ago.
    cartridges dont cut it any more & the battery from that brand are "sh###t!
    the best kit i had in a mini e cig is the vouge pcc, you get two batteries & a portabale charging case that hold 1 x batterie for chargeng on the go & one battery as a spare (two in total in the case).
    it also hold 5 cartomizers ready to vape.
    that kit is still with me & being used on & off by myself & my wife for almost two years.
    super quality & great taste from a high quality cartomizer(510).
    they are sold in a few places, i also noticed (being a frequent vistor) that ggecigs.net sell them.
    give them a visit.
    its better to start with a good quality e cig, that way your chances of quitting the normal cigareyttes are much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antz View Post
    Hi there! I ordered something called a super mini from a E-cigs unlimited on a whim after seeing some Scottish guy on you tube who made it look quite good. My thinking was it looked most like an actual cigarette and made a lot of vapor if you taped up a hole so I'll trick myself with it.

I've cut down smoking from a pack a day to a point where a pack of 25 can last me over a week, but I always find it hard to have a drink without smoking a few during the night still... so thought I'd try this instead to beat that urge.

It came to 39 bucks delivered so it's no biggie if it's not great. I just really wanted to give e-cigarettes a try. I am getting 5 cartridges of malboro flavored nicotine and charger.

So ive been thinking about this order as it seems to be taking ages to arrive i decide to do a bit of research...Then I discovered this site and I'm thinking I've not gone about this the right way.

So my question is...What should I order if I want the closest look and feel of a real cig? how long will my 5 cartridges last and will they taste like sh*%te? Really don't want to be put off with a bad product because to potential benefits are amazing and could save my life.

AVF Regular
    I used a Super mini M401 to quit smoking. it was my first ecig, it'll work but you will spend your time filling up bulk numbers of carts and getting sick of it rather fast. I hope u got a manual one and not an auto one too. (batt life is crap without a pcc on any ecig mini or super mini)

even if you dont get a months use out of it you still have something to use while you get some other hardware that will work better for u.
    I recommend an ego battery or two so you have surplus power and some boge lr 510 cartos, as the base minimum to have handy
    then if you want it to look like a cig u can get white 510xl betteries and orange cartomizers (currently my favorite and all day config)
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 09-09-11 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks I will check that website out!

I posted this in a similar thread the other day and decided to copy/pase and make a few slight changes. Either way, it's my opinion...

I'm loving Del's 510 starter kit. It's got everything, it's affordable, it's simple, shipping is cheap and FAST and it actually looks like a cigarette. Exactly what I wanted.
    Unfortunately, as they're aussie, you have to get your nic juice elsewhere, and that's where postage costs start to add up. But to be honest, I was a 2 pack a day smoker also, and whilst the initial cost wasn't too cheap, it's a one time cost really and the setup has paid for itself within a week.

Starter Kit
    aprox 3 days postage
    Nicotine Juice
    Cartomizers (same supplier as nic juice)
    aprox 1.5 weeks postage

I'm on the 24mg mix and not getting any cravings for "analogue" (real) cigs whatsoever, however as you clearly smoke less than me, I'd recommend 18mg. I also recommend getting spare cartomizers from HC when you order your first lot of nic juice. Go for a decent size bottle of a tobacco flav that tickles your fancy. A lot of people will recommend an RY4, but Dunhill/Deluxe Tobacco is my regular vape of choice.

AVF Regular
    +1 on the 510 starter kits, have the added bonus of the atomisers or cartomisers being compatible with most Mods (battery units) available.
    Can't recommend our Aussie hardware vendors highly enough, Especially Boz (Boz E cigs) Del (Juice Whore) and Hack (VapeBar)
    All are active members here and very responsive, no such thing as a problem, service with a capital S.
    Just got some new Kanger Carto's from Boz and enjoying them very much.
    Dels Ultimate Pipe doubler (mix with unflavoured nic juice as appropriate) is superb, though I haven't bought from Hack (YET) have had some great advice.
    I order juice from Health Cabin fairly regularly and have had good service so far, delivery is usually 5-8 days
    hope this helps
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast