Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Could spmeone suggest an upgrade?

AVF Regular

Could spmeone suggest an upgrade?

Hi All,

Edit I meant someone, not speone but could not change the title.

I have been vaping for a bit over a week using eGo c twist batts and some bottom coil clearos, love it.
    Today i had my first problem with a clearo leaking.

First sign was a slight delay between pushing the button and hearing the device working.
    Pushed it again and nothing.

Took it apart and found liquid where where the battery joins the clearo.

Took the clearo apart, replaced with new coil and tested by filling with water, leaked again but I could not tell where it was leaking from
    so tossed the clearo casing out but kept the coil and base.

Anyway, question is what would you guys recommend as an upgrade from this kit to avoid leaking clearos?
    Any advice much appreciated
    Last edited by sonnen; 22-11-13 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling error * someone, not spmeone

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    You fail to mention what type of BCCs you're using but I'd suggest some Aspires.

These:
    Genuine Aspire BDC EGO Clearomizer - Vapeking
    or these are better with glass tanks:
    Genuine Aspire BDC MINI Nova Glassomizer - Vapeking

you'll also need some replacement heads:
    Aspire BDC Replacement Coil | VapeKing
    Terradan likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Hi sonnen

A lot of people are having success with Aspire clearo's and EVODS, check them out here CLEAROMIZERS - Vapeking the replacement coils for the EVOD are cheaper. I just received my order of EVODS today.

AVF Regular
    Lol snap Noe

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    I am assuming BCC stands for bottom coil cartomisers?
    I will get some.

Do the threads on the glassomizers and such use the thread on the inside of the battery rather than the outer one that my current ones do?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question but i am still new to to this.

AVF Regular
    The Aspires and EVODS will screw onto the outside thread of your battery.

AVF Regular
    All clearos can leak, I don't think there is an 'upgrade' from one clearo to another. The aspires produce a load of vapour because they are double coiled, and are the latest hot product, but mine gurgles and has it's own idiosyncratic problems just like every other clearo. Everyone has their favourite kind, and will recommend that as an 'upgrade'...but it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I've tried them all by now I think.

There's no need to throw the casing out because of leaking, it's more likely to be the coil/base than the casing anyway.

There are so many adjustments you can make to avoid problems, but every adjustment creates a different set of problems. The bottom line is no set of vape gear is problem free...it's the downside of vaping vs smoking. Smokes are consistently zero maintenance and reliable. Vape gear IS NOT, lol!

Just running that by you so you know there isn't such a thing as a perfect vape that remains perfect for any length of time! I'd suggest you stock up on replacement coils and when the one you are using starts playing up, just replace it with a new one. And stick with genuine products, cheap clones from Chinese sites can be especially unreliable.

Good luck!
    Quom and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 Nemesis clone is awsome. You can pay 150 euros on a mod thats not as good as a 29 dollar fasttech job. Although its a rippoff, its a good ripppoff.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    All clearos can leak, I don't think there is an 'upgrade' from one clearo to another. The aspires produce a load of vapour because they are double coiled, and are the latest hot product, but mine gurgles and has it's own idiosyncratic problems just like every other clearo. Everyone has their favourite kind, and will recommend that as an 'upgrade'...but it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I've tried them all by now I think.

There's no need to throw the casing out because of leaking, it's more likely to be the coil/base than the casing anyway.

There are so many adjustments you can make to avoid problems, but every adjustment creates a different set of problems. The bottom line is no set of vape gear is problem free...it's the downside of vaping vs smoking. Smokes are consistently zero maintenance and reliable. Vape gear IS NOT, lol!

Just running that by you so you know there isn't such a thing as a perfect vape that remains perfect for any length of time! I'd suggest you stock up on replacement coils and when the one you are using starts playing up, just replace it with a new one. And stick with genuine products, cheap clones from Chinese sites can be especially unreliable.

Good luck!
    My clone evods work perfectly well, and they were cheap ones from a Chinese website. The only leaking evod I've ever had was the genuine one I bought from an Aussie vendor, (not saying anything against the vendor, they weren't to know that the one I bought was dodgy). Its the luck of the draw I reckon. Thankfully I've only had two clearos, that haven't performed perfectly.
    Donna likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    ive given up on clearos the are all gurgly shit. Cartos are much better. if you want something maintenance free.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast