Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Vision Stardusts leaking like crazy from multiple points

Vision Stardusts leaking like crazy from multiple points

Hey guys,

I got two v3 Vision Stardusts with my basics kit from VapeKing, and less than two weeks later, I'm finding they are giving me complete hell.

First one was leaking from the top because the centre piece keeps going misaligned and not sitting flush with the mouth piece, then the little plastic tip rides too low, so there is a gap between the mouth piece and that bit.

And now I'm leaking out onto the battery. I've pulled the pin out 4 times today with some needle nose pliers (as suggested on a YT video), and it keeps just sinking back in too far.

so much gurgling.

So far, I'd estimate to losing at least 10-15mls of juice.

Should I just upgrade to a different clearo, I was thinking maybe a protank 2 mini?
    Last edited by Shinfo; 23-11-13 at 05:14 AM.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Its possibly a realy stupid question but are you screwing your drip tip in or just pushing it?? The drip tip screws in and seats on the silicon seal and pushes it down. If not pushed down, the stem will be pushed up every time you screw it onto the battery. Just askin!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Its possibly a realy stupid question but are you screwing your drip tip in or just pushing it?? The drip tip screws in and seats on the silicon seal and pushes it down. If not pushed down, the stem will be pushed up every time you screw it onto the battery. Just askin!!!
    I'm screwing the tip on. The seal with the little metal funnel bit is getting pushed too far down, further than the tip can actually go for some reason. So I guess that means that the coil is sitting a few mm too far down? at which point, I wonder why and how to make it not do that.

Might be easier to show you, this is it at its worst.

I can usually at least get it to sit aligned properly, as the glass tank tends to wobble back and forth a bit with a little force.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sorry Shinfo, in that case I cant help. Only thing that springs to mind is the coil maybe from a different series, so doesnt sit high enough. Yes I can see you have a problem.

Is the metal bit being pushed down by the edge of drip tip? Maybe try and centralise it with a tooth pick as you screw the tip down?? Load a tooth pick into the metal tube and feed the drip tip on over it. Dunno, clutching at straws here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Maybe try and centralise it with a tooth pick as you screw the tip down?? Load a tooth pick into the metal tube and feed the drip tip on over it. Dunno, clutching at straws here!!
    I think you might be onto something there, didn't think of that. I've just given it a clean, and put it all back together and it's sitting nice and flush.

It's just, not the first time I've done that and it's ended up skewed. And I still have the leaking onto the batter issue from the bottom that I'm not sure why the pin isn't sitting in right. I might message VapeKing on their fb page or something.

Thanks for the help

AVF Regular
    The only way I know that the juice can leak onto the battery is if the coil head is not screwew on tight, compressing the small o-ring, That allows juice into the center tube. But then it would gurgle!! Good luck and if you find a fix, please let us noobs know??
    margyb and Shinfo like this.

AVF Regular
    It looks like the base has been pushed out of alignment. The base is press fit onto the tube, and so is the top ring that holds the drip tip. To fix remove the drip tip and place the base on a hard surface (so the stardust is standing upright), and using a piece of wood to prevent damage to the top ring or your hands press it down until is seats back in place.

CE's with the center column out of alignment are almost always because the base that is holding it is starting to come away from the tube. They are only held on by the O-rings, or in some cases are just crimped.

Many of us have used stardusts at some point, but quickly move on to higher quality replaceable head systems with either a top coil or bottom coil configuration. I moved on to Vivi Novas for a while before again moving on to bottom coil clearo (BCC) devices. A lot of newcomers are now being steered towards BCC starter kits like the Evod and skipping all the carto-stardust-CE5-Vivi-BCC upgrade path. A lot of people still like a carto tank though, and there's better top coil devices like the iClears that seem to have a loyal following.

All these devices have idiosyncrasies, and the best one for us as individuals usually turns out to be the one that we can deal with best. What you've got there, now that I look at the photo again appears to be a CE5 pattern, not the disposposable CE4/stardust, however the same comments still apply. The bottom ring that holds the base can start to pop off the tube, causing misalignment and problems with the drip tip not meeting the cap on the head.

PS. I can see from the second photo that the top ring that holds the drip tip is definitely out of alignment. Do try pushing them back in, but the problem usually gets worse once it starts to be a problem.
    Robray, Fatman and Shinfo like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Did you say glass tank? Do your Stardusts have glass tanks, cuz I've never heard of that and it doesn't look familiar in the pics -no measurement lines that I can see?

There are many types of Stardusts and replacement coils. It may be the coils are not the right ones for the clearos?

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Did you say glass tank? Do your Stardusts have glass tanks, cuz I've never heard of that and it doesn't look familiar in the pics -no measurement lines that I can see?

There are many types of Stardusts and replacement coils. It may be the coils are not the right ones for the clearos?
    It has 0.2ml - 1.6ml measurements. Probably plastic though. They're just these: Vision eGo Stardust Clearomizer V3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast