Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Hi from Alexis ^^

Hi from Alexis ^^

Hi there,

im Alex (Alexis) from Auckland. I'm petty new to vaping, even if I've tried a few different devices out there. So what am I doing in an australian forum you might ask when I'm from New Zealand? Well, this is a quite big forum here, so i hope we stand above the aussie-kiwi rivalry. Even more since I am quite often in Adelaide.

So a bit of an
    introduction about me:

My name is Alexis or Alex how just about everyone calls me. I'm 24yrs young now, currently living in Auckland (and in Adelaide). I am born in New Zealand, almost in Australia. My parents changed flights to a day earlyer, so I would have almost been born in Australia. As crazy as this sounds like as crazy I am. Thats why I am called crazy fluffy brownie by my closest friends. Fluffy brownie because of my brown hair, whichis a huge contrast to my pretty light skin colour. (very white).

I started smoking 3 years ago when I was wasted drunk when my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. (We know each kther since kindergarden).
    Since then, I was on a pack a day of light cigarettes. Even tough I was smoking for 3 years only, I already felt the negative side effects. One day a friend of mine and I got ourself a I think you call it "cig a like". Even tough the vapor production is not as good as some devices used by members here, I saw the potential.

After using this device for a week - i went online to see if I can buy refill cartridges somwhere nearby. So I discovered that the electronic cigarette world is much bigger than I ever expected. Took me at least a week for research to understand all these terms like cartomizer, clearomizer, variable this, variable that, ethis,e-that, 510 here 1234 there......

so I ordered an ego-C starter kit with a few juices, like apple, mango, banana, and a few more.

As soon as my package arrived I teared the package apart to finally hold my ego in my hands. After watching almost every youtube video I could find about the ego-C, I assembled and filled the device
    like I would have had it for many years aleady. Luckily the battery was precharged - so I could start right away.
    I of course knew already how to drag - long draws full of enjoyment instead of strong short draws. The taste, the amount of flavour, the feeling of the vape - very nice. By that time I had no cigarettes at home anymore. Ididn't even felt the need for it. Maybe cause there's a daily nearby which I could reach barefoot (= very close to my house).

Pretty soon I ordered 3 CE something from3 different vendors, a Mini Vivi and a Kangertech evod.
    From all these devices I liked the evod the most. Nice vape, good taste (bit muted compared to my ego-C), the CE something tasted like plastic and leaked pretty soon. They go into the emergency spare drawer. The Vivi as well, bcause it tasted like plasticas well - and after a while, if not regularly shaken - tasted like burnt paper.

A while ago I ordered 2 Joyetech ego-CC , a new clearomizer which uses the ego-C compatible atomizer heads. Tastes very very nice, is very silent, doesn't leake. My current favourite. The only downside I found: no colours available. For colours I might order a Protank 2 mini in purple (which is light pink to me) with an white 1000mah Joyetech battery, because it looks cute. Or maybe an BCC mega in nailpolish matching color :yay: :yay: :yay:

Right now I am in a menthol only, peppermint menthol, banana menthol mood. These are my favourite vapes. The only thing I may be concerned about is "Diacetyl" - which is typically a big ingridient in artificial banana flavours. I need to investigate more about this.
    By now, a few of my friends started vaping instead of smoking as well - we all love it.

I am already able to smell better, taste better - and I feel much younger than half a year ago.

Interesting side effect of vaping instead of smoking:
    Since a vew years I have a terrible foot smell - I couldn't take off my shoes at any friends house or car ..... very very very very very embarassing. I was able to make thungs (or flip flop sounds funnier) smell.
    Since I'm not smoking anymore - and vaping - PROBLEM GONE!!! Very normal smell level now.

So that's it, if you have spit your coffee, tea or whatsoever because of my last paragraph - sorry. I am so happy about that I could shout it from the rooftop.
    If you find any typing errors, they are nkt caused by the fact that I banned my laptop in the drawer because I use my iPad for everything, I made them purposely. You can keep them for free, really!

Thanks for reading,

Alexis
    Noe, Robray, RichoVonBlack and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    In your other post I indicated that idiots are welcome? I am not sure if that covers Ipad users??? The bloody things cant spell!!! Welcome anyway and nice story.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the forum alexis, what is banana menthol like it sounds interesting?

Ready to use banana liquid with ready to use menthol liquid, just accidentally mixed in my clearomizer. Turned out to be heavenly nice

tastes like banana on the inhale with the cooling effect of menthol.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF, don't be too disappointed about being a Kiwi, at least you aren't a yank LOL

Anyway we have a few Kiwi's here, they'll make you feel at home, I'm sure, they might even offer you some fush & chups
    bk_renesis likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Welcome Alexis, I believe that Kiwis are specifically welcome here.

Through the sweat is one way our bodies get rid of toxins, and in some cases decomposition of those toxins is what causes foot/body odour in cases where no other cause is obvious. If you have a recurrence consider seeing your GP, who may want to do some tests. (I am not a doctor)

Menthol is excellent and everyone should try it, even if they did not like it as a flavouring in their tobacco. When things go bad with the sense of taste, menthol can be counted on to always taste like menthol.

Diacetyl is not specific to banana flavourings as far as I'm aware. It is a buttery flavouring that is used in a lot of foods so the main concern was creamy and buttery vape flavours. As far as I'm aware the main flavour concentrate companies like Flavour Art (FA) and the The Flavour Apprentice (TFA, TPA) no longer use diacetyl or the compounds that can decompose into diacetyl. If you are vaping pre-mixed flavours you should by all means ask the supplier if there is any diacetyl used in them.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 24-11-13 at 06:51 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF, don't be too disappointed about being a Kiwi, at least you aren't a yank LOL

Anyway we have a few Kiwi's here, they'll make you feel at home, I'm sure, they might even offer you some fush & chups
    I do read the new vapers forum you know -
    Noe likes this.

Welcome Alex!!!

Super Moderator
    Welcome Alex !
    The Kiwi/Aussie rivalry is a given , specially at Bledisloe Cup time , but rest assured we love our Kiwi mates .. they're choice 'ey !!
    Like others have said , Congrats on giving up the stinkies , and your body will go through an adjustment phase ... luckily yours included "No_stinkeramus-feetimus" ( complicated medical term )
    Best of all , you got to meet us weird mob here , so your life is definitely improved
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Welcome Alex, I see you mentioned your're a little crazy, and here I am thinking I'm the only one. If you've come seeking knowledge this is your (One Stop Shop) so to speak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast