Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: vaping everything doesn't taste the best

AVF Regular

vaping everything doesn't taste the best

Hi all hope you can help I have been vaping for just over 2 months. Now everything tastes horrible has anyone had that happen ievery thing I vape has started to taste yuk any advise please many thanks. Anne

Retired Account
    Hi Anne! Firstly, a few questions.
    What are you vaping, and what equipment are you using?
    Have you quit smoking altogether?

It is very normal to go through hours/days/weeks of everything tasting yuck.
    Some people find it helps to vape flavourless for a little while to reset the taste buds, and others like to go for a really strong flavour, like peppermint or aniseed for a while.
    I hope this passes quickly for you! Please let us know what you're working with so we can perhaps fine tune some advice for you
    oogy and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Anne,

You are not alone! this happens. Has not happened to me, but it is common. Hopefully someone more experienced will weigh in with some more tips, but I suggest you keep your fluids up, and can try vaping flavourless juice for a little while.

don't give up !

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Yes, it's quite common but shouldn't last for long.

A good nights sleep, plenty of fluids as Altered said, a tongue scraper to scrape your tongue, mouthwash, brush your teeth, vape menthol for a while, vape unflavoured for a while, lay off the PV for a bit.....all suggestions that other's have said work to varying degree. For me it usually only lasts a day and after a solid night's sleep it's all good in the morning again.

Good luck.

AVF Regular
    Some days I love it some days I don't and the only pleasure is the nicotine hit
    But when I was smoking cigs it was always just one taste, one flavour, and a bad one at that.
    The good days always follow the bad ones and vice versa
    When your in the bad taste period just be patient, the good taste days are just around the corner.
    A period on unflavoured works well for me too.
    maggie likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi and thanks for answering I am using an ego 1100 in the begging it all tasted fine what I have been using is
    Chocalate 18 mg pineapple 18mg and then some cherry which was just horrible tossed it out I still have 2 or 3 cigs a
    Day have been smoking for 47 years so to me this was just great any help would be much appreciated thanks anne
    Last edited by anne; 24-11-13 at 11:06 PM. Reason: put wrong word should have been cigs

Try a drink (or two) of the alcohol varaiety. Last time this happened to me I had a couple of drinks, I think it was sambuca on the rocks and it totally restored my tastebuds within half an hour. Maybe something to do with the alcohol cutting through any nastyness that has formed on your tounge/throat preventing the tastebuds from activating.

Worth a try IMO.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

AVF Regular
    Have you changed atomizers?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Have you changed atomizers?
    I cooked my cheap plastic ones in 3 or 4 days from chain vaping and creating too much heat. It tasted really bad.
    Luckily I've now got chunky metal stuff that keep up and stay cool.

]6⁹.12[

Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    Hi and thanks for answering I am using an ego 1100 in the begging it all tasted fine what I have been using is
    Chocalate 18 mg pineapple 18mg and then some cherry which was just horrible tossed it out I still have 2 or 3 cigs a
    Day have been smoking for 47 years so to me this was just great any help would be much appreciated thanks anne
    Are you using a clearomiser, evod, CE4, or some other atomiser? If your getting a burnt taste, you might need to replace your coil, or your clearo if you are using a CE4. A gunked up coil will make everything taste vile

This happened to a friend of mine, he didn't realise that he needed to either clean and dry burn, or replace the coils. He had been vaping the same one for 4 weeks straight, and wondered why all his juice tasted burnt and horrible.
    Last edited by spud; 25-11-13 at 01:15 AM.
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast