Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How Do You Get Your Products?

Question How Do You Get Your Products?

Hello there,

My name is Dan and I am new to the forum, looking forward to getting to know you guys!

I have been based in the UK over the last few years so it has been really easy for me to get hold of e-cig products, there are even heaps of shops opening up these days that sell everything you need on the high street!

So now I'm back home, I was wondering how you guys do it? I see that it is illegal to sell nicotine in Australia (unless you are a government sponsor! ) so I assume you guys are importing for personal use. May I ask, what countries / companies do you import from? Do you find that there are issues getting stuff through customs? I don't even know what atomisers you guys are using over here! In England the most popular device is the Ego CE4 because the wick system just puts most old models to shame!

Also, I have a friend who runs a e-liquid business in the UK who I might be able to persuade to do a discount code for us Aussies. So another question I have is how much you guys are paying for your e-liquid (including shipping). If I know this then I can recommend a good discount rate for my friend so we can all get some good deals down here!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Peace

We usually extract our nicotine from drop bear dung. It's a treat! Maybe your friend in the UK might like to try some? (it's organic)
    Last edited by AstroBoy; 26-11-13 at 02:50 PM.
    Noe, CMB, fabricator4 and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eDrop View Post
    Hello there,

My name is Dan and I am new to the forum, looking forward to getting to know you guys!

I have been based in the UK over the last few years so it has been really easy for me to get hold of e-cig products, there are even heaps of shops opening up these days that sell everything you need on the high street!

So now I'm back home, I was wondering how you guys do it? I see that it is illegal to sell nicotine in Australia (unless you are a government sponsor! ) so I assume you guys are importing for personal use. May I ask, what countries / companies do you import from? Do you find that there are issues getting stuff through customs? I don't even know what atomisers you guys are using over here! In England the most popular device is the Ego CE4 because the wick system just puts most old models to shame!

Also, I have a friend who runs a e-liquid business in the UK who I might be able to persuade to do a discount code for us Aussies. So another question I have is how much you guys are paying for your e-liquid (including shipping). If I know this then I can recommend a good discount rate for my friend so we can all get some good deals down here!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Peace
    Welcome home Dan.

The CE4 vision type clearo's were generally the most recommended clearomiser here on the forums but that's been changing lately to mainly bottom coil clearos like the EVOD BCC, Protank and now the Aspires. All 3 are a much better vape than the CE4's.

Very rare to hear of anyone having issues getting nic through customs. A lot of us import it and buy flavours locally to mix with, there are many places to buy nicotine, most buy it from the US (RTSvapes is where i bought mine, i'm not up to date on where the latest and greatest is). For premixed, Health Cabin (china) and Mt Baker Vaper (US) are the most common recommendations for newbies at $5 - $7.50 for 30mls (plus shipping).
    margyb and spud like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Is 'your friend' actually you?
    Looking into international sales and want some help?
    Oh, CE4s suck, what do you mean puts old model to shame? It IS an old model itself!

AVF Regular
    Dan welcome. I am a carto/tank user and I buy our nicotine from china and DIY my Eliquid. I buy some concentrates from the uk and its unfortunate that the exchange rate on the euro and stirling make buying from there very expensive when compared to Asia.
    Its nice to think, you may be able to get us a discount but we are inundated by choices. I would suggest your friend start an intro thread in the general vendors section. That way he is doing his own marketing. Good luck with your vaping.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 26-11-13 at 03:49 PM.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Talking

Thanks for the speedy replies everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Welcome home Dan.

The CE4 vision type clearo's were generally the most recommended clearomiser here on the forums but that's been changing lately to mainly bottom coil clearos like the EVOD BCC, Protank and now the Aspires. All 3 are a much better vape than the CE4's.

Very rare to hear of anyone having issues getting nic through customs. A lot of us import it and buy flavours locally to mix with, there are many places to buy nicotine, most buy it from the US (RTSvapes is where i bought mine, i'm not up to date on where the latest and greatest is). For premixed, Health Cabin (china) and Mt Baker Vaper (US) are the most common recommendations for newbies at $5 - $7.50 for 30mls (plus shipping).
    Ah, I guess I am not quite as up to date as I originally thought! I will check out these bottom coil clearos asap. Thanks for the advice!

So do a lot of you buy the pure nicotine and mix with your own flavours then? Do you buy the flavoured mixers from Australia? How much would you pay for liquids that are not pre mixed?

Thanks again

Ah, I guess I am not quite as up to date as I originally thought! I will check out these bottom coil clearos asap. Thanks for the advice!

So do a lot of you buy the pure nicotine and mix with your own flavours then? Do you buy the flavoured mixers from Australia? How much would you pay for liquids that are not pre mixed?

Thanks again
    No-one would ever recommend buying "pure" nicotine, its deadly stuff, and not to be confused with unflavoured nicotine base, that we buy to mix with our doublers or for DIY juice. Very, very important point to remember eDrop!!!!!! Can't stress this enough, particularly in the New Vapers forum. DO NOT buy anything labelled "pure nicotine", you could kill yourself or someone else very easily and quickly with this stuff.

We usually buy unflavoured nicotine base, eg: 36mg in 100% pg base. This way you will end up with 18mg juice when you add this to a doubler. You can buy doublers at some great Aussie vendors, just look in the local vendors forum on this website.

I mix my own juices using flavour concentrates, (you only use a little of these), vg and unflavoured 36mg nicotine base from Health Cabin, (good quality and reliable vendor). This is what we mean by DIY juice making. There is a DIY section on this website as well, and worth a look if you want to make your own flavours. Much cheaper than buying pre-mixed as well

I use evod a lot, (bcc), pro tanks, and am just starting to use rebuildables (RBAs).

Welcome to the forum eDrop
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular

Thanks again
    I buy 120mls of my favourite triple concentrated juice for $35. Add on an extra 240ml of nic/pg/vg would equate to about $10-$15. Add on maybe $10 for shipping.

So that's about $60 for 360mls which will last me about 3 months.
    Last edited by Sign me up; 28-11-13 at 11:34 AM.
    spud likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    In England the most popular device is the Ego CE4 because the wick system just puts most old models to shame!
    As you've probably gathered, most of us left the CE4's a long time ago. CE4/stardust are generally the disposables. CE5 are the rebuildables. Both are still available from Australian suppliers if you want to get some. The Evod is a common recommendation as a starting point for bottom coil devices, however the tank is still plastic. Many of us are using glass versions of a bottom coil device such as the Protank II and the mini, and the many emulators like the Davide, KWX etc. A lot of us are making our own juice and recoiling heads, so of course RDA's and RBA's are popular too.

The cost for mixing your own juice can be as low as $3 for 50ml, depending on what you put in it. Since we can't buy premixed here in Australia, the DIY route is probably more common than in the US and UK.
    spud likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Market research LOL
    gtadmin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast