Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: New to Vaping, Pointers and advice needed on a good setup

AVF Regular

New to Vaping, Pointers and advice needed on a good setup

Hey Guys,

My name is Deane, and I am from Melbourne. I have been interested in learning everything there is too about vaping after being introduced to it by a co-worker who has started using an e-cig. He has been using the one that looks like a cigarette.

Since then I went out and bought a device similar to him, and have been disappointed by the amount of vapor as well as the zero nic content. I am currently smoking around 30-40 smokes a day, and I am looking to substitute some of these for a decent vape set up with nic.

With Christmas coming up I am looking at setting myself up with a more advanced vap kit, and I would like some recommendations and points on what to look for.

What will I need if I am expecting such things as;

-Long battery life, at least a Day, or more would be ideal
    -expandable device, something that can be used by a beginner and still be sufficient for a more advanced user.
    -What Flavors would be recommended with nic, and what kit should i be looking at for getting into mixing my own. Eg: brands known for quality, Given I smoke quite a lot how many ml's of each should i be looking at getting if I want at least 2 months supply.
    -A device that can be rebuilt.

I have many other questions but will start with this and add some more in as we go, Need to get back to work.

AVF Regular
    And then on the third day...................

Seriously have a look at noe's list its a sticky in the new vapers forum
    Noe likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I have only just started to read the stickies, was more after personal recommendations of products used by people who were in similar situation when starting out and what they recommend to newcomers who want to use vaping as a serious alternative to tobacco cigs.

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome Deane
    Here is Noes list
    Have a look at all the links

Noes List !

and have a read here about juice consumption

Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.

Sounds like you will need about 2-3 mls of 24mg/ml nic juice daily

vaping really works
    I smoked 30-40 cigs a day for 40 years and gave up 2 years ago when I started vaping

It is not easy starting out and learning all the vaping terms etc but a bit of reading and research is required
    Noe, spud and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    You will find we all use vaping as a serious alternative to tobacco but it's all about what your comfortable with. I smoked at least 50 per day and my needs were long battery and big tank. But I am a female so I wasn't going to end up with a huge torch looking PV. I use carto tanks that hold 4.5ml on a spinner battery 1300mah battery or a MVP. I vape 4-5mls a day 8mg Eliquid I have two going at once and only use one flavour. That lasts the day easily.

But if you haven't found your flavour or equipment you may have 6 running at the same time. You need to play and find the vape for you. Put your location in your profile and maybe we can set you up with some of your local vapers. Then you can see what others are using and what Eliquid they are vaping.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AB View Post
    I have only just started to read the stickies, was more after personal recommendations of products used by people who were in similar situation when starting out and what they recommend to newcomers who want to use vaping as a serious alternative to tobacco cigs.
    Some of the newbies will be along soon to advise you with what they find good

AVF Regular
    I can personally recommend what's in Noe's List. An ego battery with an Aspire clearomiser is as easy as can be for a newbie, but it's also serious equipment. I've been vaping 18 months and I still use egos and clearomisers as well as more advanced equipment. It's enough to keep you off the ciggies if you're committed enough. I think you'll find there's quite a few people here who have been using this kind of gear long term. As far as juice goes, it's a steep learning curve to DIY. I would order in a few ready made juices from Health Cabin with your hardware order, then try some other juices from some other vendors. Get to know your own taste buds first. Then with some decent gear and juice in your hands you can sit back and take your time to learn about the more advanced aspects of vaping.
    Noe, margyb, maggie and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Hi and welcome Deane
    Here is Noes list
    Have a look at all the links

Noes List !
    Hey Margy,

Thanks for the reply,

I had a quick look at it, I think it's a good thread, but I am not really interested in the PV, looks cheap and nasty, no offence to anyone using one, but I am looking to get something a little more well built.

I do like the juice and equipment recommendations, will give it another look tonight.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    D3AB
    I mainly use ego batteries the K and Q's and I love the new aspire Bottom coil cartomisers
    Have about 6 twists
    and today I ordered 3 more vision spinners ( all rainbow colours)

Spinner & Mini Battery : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

The eliquid that I started with was tobacco type flavours RY4 and marlb/USA mix for a month and then I started mixing my own flavours with nic from overseas and doublers( flavours) from Aus

HC link
    30ml HC E-juice/E-Liquid(PG Base. 51 flavors) [Z9 HC PG 30ml] - $5.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Dont get cappuccino it tastes like shit Get small bottles to try first
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey Rose,

Thanks for your reply, I agree the noes list does look like a good all in one kit, I was just worried I would be upgrading from the ego in a couple months and wasn't sure if I should start with something a little more future proof if that makes any sense.
    Thanks for your input, helps a lot. I might just order whats recommended from there and see how it goes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast