Thread: Coil advice

AVF Regular

Coil advice

So I wrapped my first coil today for my new Igo-l dripper with the wick and wire supplied not sure what it is I'd say 2mm silica and 28/30 gauge kanthal, anyway I doubled the wick and did about 3 or four wraps mounted it to the dripper and put my multi meter across it got 2.3 ohms minus the internal r of the multi which cam to 1.8.
    I was happy with that I fired the coil then dripped some on the wick then shut it all up, few more drops then had a vape was pretty good first few hits then I noticed it fizzing a bit, so I pulled the top and part of the coil had already blacked and it started to taste a bit funny.
    So my question is was it possibly to loose of a wrap and I've created a hot spot on the coil, or could I be doing something else wrong?

AVF Regular
    dry burn ur coil and check if it glows even if it is getting hot spots re positon ur coil till it does hlow even if that dosnt work rip it out and start again im guessing u hav watched a video on youtube already that walks u yhrough it? if not try that

AVF Regular
    I have watched the you tube vids, the coil was glowing evenly with the test fire maybe ill just try again I just thought I may have been making an obvious mistake ty

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_76 View Post
    I have watched the you tube vids, the coil was glowing evenly with the test fire maybe ill just try again I just thought I may have been making an obvious mistake ty
    it maybe too loose around the silica and not getting juice to some parts of the coil

AVF Regular
    I did think that at the time as I didn't use a pin or anything to wrap on, I was over eager I think I shall try again with a clear head tomorrow I was just disappointed I wasted a few precious drops of bobas

AVF Regular
    Pictures of your coil would help immensely.

AVF Regular
    I have already tossed it I didn't think of that