Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Smell of cigarette smoke annoys me

Smell of cigarette smoke annoys me

I used to smoke and switched to vaping just recently cause i hate the smell already, gets me sneezing actually but some members of the family are still smokers. What do you do to minimise or get away with the smell? I wanna hear other suggestions to compare with what i'm doing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by asap View Post
    I used to smoke and switched to vaping just recently cause i hate the smell already, gets me sneezing actually but some members of the family are still smokers. What do you do to minimise or get away with the smell? I wanna hear other suggestions to compare with what i'm doing.
    Do people still smoke indoors around family members who don't smoke any more? If that's the situation you're in then we can't really advise you - it's between you and your DB.

Being repulsed by the smell of cigarette smoke is perfectly normal however. It's part of the mindset of truly becoming an ex-smoker, so welcome to the club.

I once abstained from smoking for an extended period using NRT. Cigarette smoke still smelt wonderful however, and I think I knew it was just a matter of time until I slipped. Three weeks after starting vaping it smelt revolting however and I couldn't believe I used to do that to myself and those around me. It's truly amazing how vaping turns us into ex-smokers without us even realising that it is happening.
    The Sodd likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Do people still smoke indoors around family members who don't smoke any more? If that's the situation you're in then we can't really advise you - it's between you and your DB.
    They are trying now to smoke outside the house, my brother and dad still smokes.I just don't know if they do that even without us non smokers sometimes i still smell it inside the house so i open windows most of the time, me and my aunt started to vape. yes i'm happy that I switched to vaping.
    margyb and fabricator4 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by asap View Post
    They are trying now to smoke outside the house, my brother and dad still smokes.I just don't know if they do that even without us non smokers sometimes i still smell it inside the house so i open windows most of the time, me and my aunt started to vape. yes i'm happy that I switched to vaping.
    If everyone previously smoked inside the house then it's quit possible that the furniture, curtains, and carpets smell and that is what is stinking up the house when it's closed up. Unfortunately it takes a very thorough spring clean to get rid of it.

After I started vaping I had to give the inside of my car a complete clean from top to bottom to get rid of the smell. At least it stays clean. ;-)
    margyb likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

When I have to go to anyones house where they smoke it makes me feel sick, and although I try not to wrinkle my nose up as I walk in the door, I just can't help it.

I used to smoke inside my car, but after starting vaping I didn't notice the smell in there. Probably because I hated smoke in cars anyway, and only ever had my smoke in the right hand and being aimed out the always open window. I tried not to smoke in it when the car was parked either, although if I did I would put down both front windows so the smoke would go out.

The smell is awful though, and when I come across someone who has just had a smoke I can smell it from a hundred paces. To think I smelt like that to others once upon a time is a dreadful thought.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    My wife still smokes & the smell of burning carcinogens comes in through the door if it is left open, when she smokes.

In my experience it doesn't take a lot of smoke for most of us to smell it, it is probably an instinctive thing, where before civilization, we lived in caves or under the stars or in tree houses & smoke meant danger was approaching in the form of fire.
    Because of that smoke is something we smell even in minute amounts, animals have an even more acute instinctive response to smoke & can smell it in even smaller amounts. Quite often when there is a bush fire, animals can be seen running away from the fire, even before you or I would smell it, because of their heightened sense of smell.
    supersports600 likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If everyone previously smoked inside the house then it's quit possible that the furniture, curtains, and carpets smell and that is what is stinking up the house when it's closed up. Unfortunately it takes a very thorough spring clean to get rid of it.

After I started vaping I had to give the inside of my car a complete clean from top to bottom to get rid of the smell. At least it stays clean. ;-)
    You right, thorough cleaning is what we need.. and we need air to circulate this time to get rid of the smell

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardmama View Post

I used to smoke inside my car, but after starting vaping I didn't notice the smell in there. Probably because I hated smoke in cars anyway, and only ever had my smoke in the right hand and being aimed out the always open window. I tried not to smoke in it when the car was parked either, although if I did I would put down both front windows so the smoke would go out.

the more it smells bad if you smoke inside the car, good thing you switch to vaping. there are air filters as well for the car.. portable ones

AVF Regular
    Perhaps try to convert them to vaping? People like free stuffs so give them a simple eGo + Clearo + Dekang juice.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

when I was in hospital, I could smell cigarette smoke everywhere, most of the time I couldn't even tell who was smoking but I think I was smelling it on nurses etc who had just come back in from a break (dh tells me a lot of them were smokers) so you could be smelling it on their clothes but not necessarily in the air. I started to think I was going nuts and imagining things, because it was so strong that surely someone was smoking nearby, but I also remember the first few times I quit years ago, my sense of smell was really strong at first but it basically died down a bit after a while and wasn't so overpowering.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast