Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to vaping

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

new to vaping

Hi guys

I'm new and want to quit smoking. Ive been wanting to quit and looking to buying a ego t type b something. I don't quite understand the whole juice and what to mix, don't I just buy juice and use the on its own?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

The big problem is its illegal to sell eJuice with nicotine in Australia. If you buy local, you'll need to order nic juice overseas and mix yourself. It's quite easy, like mixing cordial really.

If you order juice from OS you can get it with nic and save a step, but there are pros and cons on each. The pro is that you don't have to bother mixing. The big con is most of us start at a much higher nic content than you'll be using in a month or three time.

If you're in Melbourne PM me and I'd be more than happy to give you an in-person rundown on gear and juice if you'd like.

Oh fair enough, sorry mate I'm Sydney. What about just non nic juice, do I just buy the flavour and use that or do i buy like another type of liquid to mix it then use that?

Cheers bud

Depends on what you buy. Generally speaking Aussie vendors will refer to their juice as being a doubler or tripler. These are designed to be mixed down with other stuff. If you avoid these and just buy straight "single" juice then it's ready to vape direct without mixing.

Many people have reported that vaping zero nic still helps people get off the smokes, but generally it wont work as well as having nicotine present. Zero nic also doesn't give "throat hit" - the feeling of the vapour being harsh has you inhale.

AVF Regular
    hate to plug ECF but this article answered most of what I needed to know before entering the wonderful world of Vaping
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...art-1-6-a.html
    really well written and easy to follow. Searching e cigs on youtube will keep you entertained for hours, but take note, it can and possibly will lead to sleep deprivation and obsessive urges to tell the missus "just got to go check my email"
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

+1 for the ECF infopages too. Extremely well written and very informative.

Just remember the reason must sites say it's not a smoking cessation aid is due to legal concerns. You can't make those claims about a product (as a vendor) without solid scientific proof, of which there really is none yet. Sure, mountains of anecdotal evidence, but not enough rigid clinical trials.

Also remember health authorities often twist the truth. The statement "electronic cigarettes are not a safe alternative to smoking" is like saying "vegetables are not a safe alternative to cheese burgers". Both statements are scientifically correct but extremely misleading at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, I'm liking at vapeking site and going to buy the ego t type b, some juices. So if they say doublers or triplersf then I have to buy something like propylene glycol?
    Cheers mate

AVF Regular
    if you want juices with nicotine you can only order from overseas,
    try something from here to get started http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7678
    the Dunh@ll is a popular choice for tobacco

Cool, any recommendations on where to buy a good ego t type b starter kit and juices from a local vendor?

Cheers mate

AVF Regular
    I'd generally stick to someone in your same state, where are you located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast