Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Mixing E-Juice Beginner Style

AVF Regular

Wink Mixing E-Juice Beginner Style

G'day Guys,

After months and months of thinking about buying a e-cigarette starter kit I finally bit the bullet to try and give up on the analogs, which so far has been quite successful as I haven't touched a smoke in about 2 days.

I purchased the Vapebar Ultimate Starter Kit then purchased 2 Kanger EVOD BCC, and some pre-mixed Dekang juices from healthcabin, which I am not to fussed on. I then purchased some PG, VG, 36mg Nicotine, bottles, needles & barrels and everything necessary to mix my own stuff and buy the flavour doublers here in Australia

So now I am looking at mixing it up myself and downloaded the e-Juice Me Up calculator and have been experimenting with that a little, before I start mixing. So far this is how it looks:

Nicotine Strength e-Juice: PG 75% VG 25% 36mg
    Target Nicotine Strength: 18mg
    Amount To Make: 30ml
    Water/Vodka/PGA: 0%

Which all looks about right to me but the question is is with the flavour doublers, so far this is how it looks:

Flavour Name 1: PG 100% VG 0% 15% based on calculating that if I'm making 30ml and im using a doubler I only need 15% as 15 and 15 is 30 I don't know if this is right????

Target PG 80% Target VG 20%

So thats how it looks in the calculator, now when I hit calculate it says on the right hand side:

Nicotine Juice: 15ml
    PG: 8.25ml
    VG: 2.25ml
    Water/Vodka/PGA: 0ml
    Flavour Name 1: 4.5ml

So the question is what am I doing wrong if anything?

Thanks,
    Cabbie
    margyb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
    G'day Guys,

After months and months of thinking about buying a e-cigarette starter kit I finally bit the bullet to try and give up on the analogs, which so far has been quite successful as I haven't touched a smoke in about 2 days.

I purchased the Vapebar Ultimate Starter Kit then purchased 2 Kanger EVOD BCC, and some pre-mixed Dekang juices from healthcabin, which I am not to fussed on. I then purchased some PG, VG, 36mg Nicotine, bottles, needles & barrels and everything necessary to mix my own stuff and buy the flavour doublers here in Australia

So now I am looking at mixing it up myself and downloaded the e-Juice Me Up calculator and have been experimenting with that a little, before I start mixing. So far this is how it looks:

Nicotine Strength e-Juice: PG 75% VG 25% 36mg
    Target Nicotine Strength: 18mg
    Amount To Make: 30ml
    Water/Vodka/PGA: 0%

Which all looks about right to me but the question is is with the flavour doublers, so far this is how it looks:

Flavour Name 1: PG 100% VG 0% 15% based on calculating that if I'm making 30ml and im using a doubler I only need 15% as 15 and 15 is 30 I don't know if this is right????

Target PG 80% Target VG 20%

So thats how it looks in the calculator, now when I hit calculate it says on the right hand side:

Nicotine Juice: 15ml
    PG: 8.25ml
    VG: 2.25ml
    Water/Vodka/PGA: 0ml
    Flavour Name 1: 4.5ml

So the question is what am I doing wrong if anything?

Thanks,
    Cabbie
    You don't really need to use the calculator if you are just mixing doublers, and you want 18mg juice. All you do is add 15ml of your 36mg unflavoured nic, to the doubler, and you will have 30ml of 18mg juice. It really is that easy when using doublers.

If you want to add more plain vg or pg to your doubler, you will have to add less unflavoured nic , and will end up with a lower nicotine level.

If you use the calculator, your flavour will be 50%, as you are using a doubler.
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    So I would be vaping a PG 75% VG 25% mix yeah? Does it depend on the size of the doubler bottle?

AVF Regular
    If I enter in 50% in the calculator I'm getting negative PG ml's -2.25ml

AVF Regular
    I am not good at maths but it might help if you tell us if your doubler is just VG or PG or a ratio of both
    What ratio in the final mix do you want to vape? eg PG 75% and VG 25%

And welcome here too

AVF Regular
    100% PG the doubler

Final Mix: either PG 80% VG 20% or as you said PG 75% and VG 25%

AVF Regular
    100% PG the doubler

Final Mix: either PG 80% VG 20% or as you said PG 75% and VG 25%
    You don't really have a choice about your PG/VG ratio because your nic juice is a set ratio (75/25) and your doubler is a set ratio of 100% PG.

Because you have 36mg nic juice and you want a strength of 18mg you must use half/half nic juice and flavour doubler.....so you will end up with a mostly PG juice whether you like it or not.

The only way you get to decide what PG/VG ratio is if you have 100mg/ml strength nicotine juice.

I hope that makes sense?
    Last edited by JenJ; 01-12-13 at 07:47 PM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah it does, what about if I go with a 80% PG and 20% VG doubler mix?

AVF Regular
    What do I need to do to get a mix of 80 20 or 75 25?

AVF Regular
    Yeah it does, what about if I go with a 80% PG and 20% VG doubler mix?
    Then you'll get a final result of 77.5% PG and 22.5% VG.....I think?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast