Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: A newbies entry into the Vaping world!

AVF Regular

A newbies entry into the Vaping world!

This is a long post with images and a lot of blabbering, if you're bored easily feel free to continue elsewhere

Hey Guys,

I am pleased to say I haven't had a cigarette since the 28/11/13.. and I owe it to some kind and generous vapers I have met on the way.. enter my Vaping Journey.

On the 26th November I made my first post on AVF looking into making the transition from smoking cigarettes to getting myself equipped with a PV see here, I was offered a Vamo from Rose and I had found myself plunging into the deep end head first.

The next day look what arrives..(excuse bad quality camera phone, the thing is just about in pieces)

Then the unwrapping..I found this lovely letter

Here is a pic of what was inside.

-Vamo v2
    -2 18650 Batts(fully charged )
    -1 Clearo and replacement coils
    -1 Carto Tank & Carto's
    -1 bottle of Vapeking Royal Blend (absolutely love this now, really grows on you)

What else can I say, I am so grateful for your generosity and I simply love the Vamo, wish I had 2 of them haha!

Now being the Noob that I am I had no idea how long it would take for me to Vape the 30ml's of Royal blend that I have, so I put out a distress call in the classifieds to see if anyone would be interested in selling me some Juice...No nicotine of course :P While I was waiting for my health cabin order to arrive. The last thing I wanted to do was run out and feel the urge to run down to the closest 7/11 and buy a pack of stinkies!
    And it just so turns out that Donna Lives around the corner from me! woah talk about lucky. I recieved a pm telling me, that she has plenty of Juices she doesn't quiet like and would like to give them away for free! winning!
    We arranged a time to meet up and had a good discussion about how vaping has been working for her. There was samples, and juices going everywhere! partly my fault (unscrewing the tank off my clearo, multiple times )
    Here is a pic of some of the juices I left with.

(not in the photo, the clearo's and little 5ml bottles of feisty fruit, Granny Grumble.)

I had sampled a lot of great juices from VapingMad that I instantly wanted to order! As well as the juices Donna kindly gave me a couple of new Clearo's to have so I didn't have to keep mixing my juice in the same one. Awesome now I am starting to have more juice than I can possible vape...

Then comes Friday night... I had plans with some friends of mine to hire out an apartment in Southbank and head to Crown as the night progressed, and I knew this would be the ultimate challenge for me. Partying, Drinking, gambling. Perfect time to be smoking like a dirty ol chimney.(on similar nights I'd find myself going through 2 packs no drama's) But I stuck to my guns, and went to town on the Vamo.. must of refilled it 3-4 times.. but in saying that I can say confidently I didn't have a single craving.. (my thinking in part to having all this new and exciting gear to play with) and made it through the night/day smoke free!!

Then on Sunday I had the opportunity to meet up with another member of AVF! Gresh11. I made my way over to his place around midday, and from the moment I saw his bearded face I knew we'd get along just fine.. haha!
    For someone who has been vaping for the amount of time he has I was amazed by the amount of gear he had, and thought to myself this will be me very shortly, unless I restrain myself. haha
    we spent hours talking about all the different aspects of vaping and all the different ways you can vape, all the while tasting his delicious and somewhat strange tasting juices. It was interesting watching him make up his cotton wicks and learning about dripping. A perfect way to taste juices without mixing up the flavours.
    Here is a photo of some of the things I was given from Gresh11.

-various juices, I'll try to remember them all.. Peach, lemonade, hawk juice, menthol, something else I can't remember.. haha
    -carto tanks and carto's
    -consentrates

Then we went on a short road trip down to visit Shimon from Ecigmodshop.. this was an unexpected surprise.. For my wallet anyway! It was cool to see his set-up and listen to what he had to say. After Smelling a lot of his Consentrates I had to pick me up a couple and a few more clearo's for all this juice I now had!
    Here's a quick list of what I got:

-Kanger Protank 3
    -iClear 30s
    -iClear 30
    -Juices- Shisha, Virginia, Mango, Red Apple, Black Fire (all of these taste amazing, and I will be back to get 30ml bottles)

So all in all what can I say... I'd like to thank those that have offered me some useful information, and those of you that were kind enough to help a newbie out on his Vaping jurney, It was great to meet some fellow Vaper's and share interests and I'd like to say if any of you need anything from me all you have to do is ask. I'd be willing to help where ever needed. It's been an interesting past couple of days, and I can already feel the improvement on my health and taste buds

And to anyone new who is looking to get into vaping.. don't get overwhelmed by what you read on here.. baby steps will get you there, and with a bit of luck, off the smokes as well. Then you will be able to show the people around you how great vaping really is as an alternative to smoking and soon people will wonder why anybody ever smoked in the first place! this is the future. A healthier future and a more delicious future.

Happy Vaping,

Deane
    Noe, jen, Rose and 11 others like this.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Off to a great start there Deane! looks like you've certainly got things covered

Hats off to Rose, Gresh, Donna and Shimon!
    margyb, jen, Gresh11 and 2 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Zee
    See! Angels do exist!

....and they VAPE
    jen, Megan, Gresh11 and 4 others like this.

that bearded wizard is the bomb.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzzzzz View Post
    that bearded wizard is the bomb.
    hahaha.. yeah.. that beard.. was nice to meet you too man. We will have to have a vape session sometime!
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Three cheers for for Rose!!!!!!
    Noe, margyb, spud and 1 others like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    By the way Gresh. who made that lemonade one again.. gotta order me a bottle of that. I have barely managed to put it down since getting the other carto you gave me to work.

AVF Regular
    AHH Gresh strikes again
    One of the most thoughtful and generous persons i have had the pleasure of meeting
    keep up the good work bro

Oh and not to forget the other help full people mentioned in this post your all legends
    margyb, Gresh11 and D3AB like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AB View Post
    By the way Gresh. who made that lemonade one again.. gotta order me a bottle of that. I have barely managed to put it down since getting the other carto you gave me to work.
    That and the Hawk juice are from Mt BakerVapor. Whats your favorite new piece of equipment???
    margyb likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCKITIN View Post
    AHH Gresh strikes again
    One of the most thoughtful and generous persons i have had the pleasure of meeting
    keep up the good work bro

Oh and not to forget the other help full people mentioned in this post your all legends
    Cheers Trev, looking forward to our next visit!!!
    margyb likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast