Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: iclear 16?

iclear 16?

hey guys, need some guidance,
    I purchased cheaper iclear16s from an aussie vendor at $2.88 each which i wont say who and it has the icear16 logo printed on the side that were constantly leaking or not holding the juices correctly whilst being able to rebuild it if needed.
    Well today my itaste mvp arrived and inside were 2 more iclear 16s and upon a closer inspection the wicks are more refined, the coil cap has 4 ports for the wicks not 2 as the other one does and the coil is much thicker in size?
    Is it possible i have been sent imitation iclears from an aussie vendor?

AVF Regular
    Yep, it depends where he got his clearo's

even with a legitmate or so called iclear 16 logo on it as the same ones the itaste came with?

AVF Regular
    As a newbie also, I have a hard time sorting the genuine, not so genuine or kind of genuine from the copies or in some cases downright crap in most things vaping.

At $2.88 that seems very cheap from an Aussie Vendor. I would guess a very cheap copy, especially as you've noticed differences to the original ones (I assume).

Out of a variety of small clearomisers purchased by myself & a handful of friends from various sources in recent times, the only ones working out very well are the iclear 16's from health cabin, which I 'assume' are genuine as they're identical to the pair that came packaged with an MVP recently. Most claim Evod's are good. We've had nothing but dramas with them. Tried all the fixes around the net like adding wick, taking out wick, turning over the cup above the wick.. some fixes last a couple of days then they're back to gurgling & leaking. I can only assume they were cheap copies, though at full price has put me off trying them again, from anywhere. Which is a shame as they look good & suit being in my top pocket on a small battery when in a meeting or when a bigger size set up isn't suitable. I just need them to work & not leak. Seems to take a while to get that combination right. haha

No easy way around it but think of it as a bit of a learning curve of what to buy and from where. 'Ego' batteries are a source of pain too. There must be about 20 places making 'genuine' ones. I have a small box of crap already in a short time. I can imagine the old hands collecting quite a large box of shit over the years.
    Last edited by Dicko; 04-12-13 at 12:00 AM.

thanks for the info dicko, much appreciated.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic thoughts View Post
    hey guys, need some guidance,
    I purchased cheaper iclear16s from an aussie vendor at $2.88 each which i wont say who and it has the icear16 logo printed on the side that were constantly leaking or not holding the juices correctly whilst being able to rebuild it if needed.
    Well today my itaste mvp arrived and inside were 2 more iclear 16s and upon a closer inspection the wicks are more refined, the coil cap has 4 ports for the wicks not 2 as the other one does and the coil is much thicker in size?
    Is it possible i have been sent imitation iclears from an aussie vendor?
    $2.88 each..??..Thats the price on one coil...definately not the real McCoy..be interested to hear whose flogging those off..as far as clearos go tho, they are one of the best
    Stay with the bigger name webshops you find on here and you will be fine...I dont even think that Fastech outfit sells them that cheap..
    Crisscross likes this.

This could be total crap but this is the way it was explained to me. Let's call it China brand x and product x.

China brand x develops the product and then product x is produced in several factories with the same machines to the same standards. But, not all manufacturers are equal in their quality control or adherence to the standards thus a variation in the quality. I was told even if it is a genuine x brand, it could quite possibly have come from one of several factories. Equally, there are many manufacturers producing product x with no intention of upholding quality control or adhering to any standards.
    D3AB likes this.

AVF Regular
    I don't mind paying extra for good quality, but the thing with ecigs is almost all of it gets manufactured in China... (quality control?? LOL non existent) So only way you can really cover yourself would be to buy from reputable shops that accept returns.
    IMO once you find a setup that is reliable and works for you, get back ups.. and only deviate from them to try something new that might interest you.. otherwise you will end up with a bunch of useless crap

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

the iclear 16s are good and the dodgy ones i was told are sourced from heavens gifts if that means anything? but i have just scored a heap of new flavours so whats the best way to test them out other than an iclear that wont cost the earth? Any help appreciated guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic thoughts View Post
    the iclear 16s are good and the dodgy ones i was told are sourced from heavens gifts if that means anything? but i have just scored a heap of new flavours so whats the best way to test them out other than an iclear that wont cost the earth? Any help appreciated guys.
    I've tried about 5 different clearos and the one that seems the most reliable and easy to maintain is the Kanger evod. If you want a bigger capacity option the smoktech tumbler uses the same coil as the Kanger evod and I really like it (but is double the price).
    Last edited by Donna; 04-12-13 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast