Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By steveo

Thread: after some advice

after some advice

Hey all, i'm new to vaping and i'm looking for some advice if possible.
    about 2 months ago i kicked cigarettes when i received an Apollo ego with some ce4's and a bottle of juice. All has been going well and i've since bought a Kanga pro tank 2 mini & a Viva Nova (v8 i think).
    lately i've been getting less vapor and quite a nasty burning taste. I've cleaned & dry burned the ce4's and the tanks & am wondering if I've burned them too much.
    I've also changed the coils in the Kanga & the Nova and neither of them seem particularly good any more! I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the battery?
    Getting very frustrated so any help would be appreciated.
    Also, I'm looking to go to the next step but am getting pretty bogged down with the huge amount of info out there.

any help would be hugely appreciated.
    cheers

AVF Regular
    Hey Steveo,

Good job on giving up the ciggies mate! as for your question, I wouldn't know I am fairly new to vaping as well. but by the sounds of it if you have changed the coil and still got the same burnt/nasty taste then something must be up??
    Some more experienced guys will probably know what's up so Hang in there man.

I started with the Vamo VV/VW and to be honest. it's still pretty easy to use. I just looked up some product reviews and googled the Ohm's of the atomizer with the device and it brought up some info of what other people were using, and adjusted from personal tastes up or down until I hit the sweet spot.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Oh no!
    I don't get why new coils wouldn't be very good, unless you've got the higher ohm coils on egos. They can be very poor if they're not a low enough resistance.
    I hope you can sort it in the meantime.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Does it happen with various juices? You only mention you purchased a bottle.

If you are only using the one juice, maybe that juice is a coil killer. or Maybe your taste buds have gone off it. What I liked in the first weeks is different to what I like now. I smell some of the earlier juices I liked and can't stand them. I also find dark liquids give a burnt flavour much more often than the lighter colours.

AVF Regular
    Signs point to the battery.

Buy a couple of authentic Ego Twists or Vision Spinners.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Zee
    What juice are you using? It could be off or your taste buds may be changing. - try another juice

Is your battery a variable voltage? It could be stuck on high voltage? - try a different battery

Did you dry burn all your coils? You may have burnt the wick etc. - try another device that you haven't used before.

thanks for the replies guys.
    i've been using different juices but the problem still keeps happening.
    after reading thru replies & looking at whats out there i've decided to get a vv/vw (i've ordered the innokin itaste vv/vw 3) and to pay a bit more attention to the ohmage of my clearomizers (got some iclear ce5 duals on the way).
    i'll keep my fingers crossed & give you updates as i go.
    cheers for the help - it's a minefield out there!!
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    LOL yes, it can be pretty daunting to start with, but you'll be vaping like a sir in no time
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.