Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best entry level dripper/atomizer set-up. Advice needed

AVF Regular

Best entry level dripper/atomizer set-up. Advice needed

Hey Guys!

My names Deane, and I am a Juice-a-holic...haha. Seriously though. I need some Adivce.

Being new to Vaping.. and in the quest to expand my horizons I am looking for the most user friendly way to try a variety of different juices without having to worry about filling a tank with a dud, and force myself to
    vape the whole thing and then throw out the coil... *I apologize if this has been covered a million times before, I fail at using search function.*

Sooo I guess it might help if I tell you about how I vape.. I mostly use Clearo's and Carto's I prefer using larger tanks (3ml). So what I am looking for is a recommended atomizer/ dripping method that is fast and easy to clean and replace,
    ready for the next juice sample. I am comfortable with the concept of building my own coils, as long as its not sub ohm's Because I only have a Vamo (1.2 ohm lowest possible) but would prefer not to have to worry about it at this stage.
    The MAIN thing I want to know, and I know this is subjective to personal taste.. But what will be the easiest/fastest wick material to work with. I am thinking Silica..

Next question would be.. What Silica to buy and where??

And What Atomizer to buy?

I am looking for your personal experiences, and what did you do in your quest to find your All Day Vape Juices!

Thanks

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Are you sure u wanna do this? Once you start there is no turning back. Little do you know you are on the start of a journey to the vaping addiction and before you know it, you wanna try all different types of atties/mods and shinies....

Back on topic....get a igo-w/l and just do a ecowool single coil wick or microcoil cotton wick whichever tickles your fancy. There are heaps of topic here that will teach you how to do these setups. I wouldnt recomend dual coils yet till you are more familiar with the rebuilding scene.

AVF Regular
    yeah I would recomend an igo-l micro coil to your chosen resistance and a small amount of cotton placed under the coil soak with flavour vape and all you have to do is pull the cotton out wipe any excess off and chuck a new bit of cotton in soak and vape another flavour also dry burn your coil between cotton changes and with cotton less is more keep it fluffy and don't pack too much in oh and you'll know when you let the cotton go dry cos it will tatse bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

I started with an RSST and watching bucketloads of video, when it's working quite good took me about a week to get it sorted out. Although for me it's outshone by my latest goodies (kayfun lite). I think the Kayfun is much easier to get working nicely than the rsst as well, but there's noticeable price difference.

The IGO-L, as mentioned above, was good for me (same boat as yourself, VV/VW mods only and running 1.6 ohm upwards coils). I started with 2mm silica folded in half and wrapped normally and that was ok for me. Although contact coils with cotton work better I'm still glad I did silica/coil builds first fiddling with coil spacing cemented a couple ideas in my head.

Most of the local vendors carry wick and wire, so pretty easy to find.

Someone with more experience might be able to offer other options.

Quote Originally Posted by urecia View Post
    Are you sure u wanna do this? Once you start there is no turning back.
    urecia likes this.

AVF Regular
    I assume this is the right one?
    IGO-L Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

I have ordered a RSST, but I was looking for something that is just a basic coil/wick system.. Looks good!
    Another question I have.. I have heard someone say it is not necessary to boil the cotton?? Is that true, or do most people just do it for good measure?

AVF Regular
    for the coil 30 gauge will suffice?

I do, but only because I just grabbed a handful from whatever was in the bathroom.

Do a bunch at a time and they last for ages, probably used less than a quarter of a cotton ball the other night when I went through and tasted 18 new juices and was rewicking after every juice. I can see why people say a bag from the shops is a couple years supply.

AVF Regular
    Sweet I just ordered..
    2 IGO-L's
    30 ft 30 gauge wire
    and more jooooooce hahaha.

Thanks for the help guys! I will be sure to post a picture of my first attempt haha

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D3AB View Post
    Sweet I just ordered..
    2 IGO-L's
    30 ft 30 gauge wire
    and more jooooooce hahaha.

Thanks for the help guys! I will be sure to post a picture of my first attempt haha
    sounds good man you'll like the 30g also as it's a bit easier to work with than 28g which is a tad stiffer just remember to check out plenty of videos and tuts

and just for reference this is what my igo-l with contact coil and cotton looks like at any given time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

aussie squonk box - the punisher - sig 100 watt - tesla series modded - vampire 26650 - modded chana - kamry 200 watt
    my etsy DEATHware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast