Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Need some help badly.

Angry Need some help badly.

Hello everyone! Let me start off with the fact I’m a newb. Thankyou for your help in advance. My end goal with vaping is trying to get off cigarettes. I currently smoke about 16 – 20 Winfield Golds (8mg) per day (more if I drink).

To help cut this story down, let’s just say I have wasted a lot of money on shitty products and juice that doesn’t do anything.. I think.

I’m currently using a Provari with a kanger protank 2 (yes I want this to work so I bought the best).

I have vaped (all my jucice is from New Zealand Aussie blue or Soul blu)

• 6mg – No effect at all (low)
    • 12mg – No effect at all (med)
    • 18mg – No effect at all (high)
    • 24mg – No effect at all (mixed myself – base was 48mg 100% VG)

I always do a test vape in the morning after not smoking overnight, this way I should be able to tell if I got even the smallest amount of nicotine (I vape for about 10mins before I end the test). Unfortunately have yet to even feel to slightest amount of nic!!!!!!! AT ALL!

My question is; what am I doing wrong? I have changed my smoking technique, even testing no inhale just mouth and nose. Does New Zealand have bad nic? (doubt it). Am I expecting the wrong feeling? I don’t know… any help would be appreciated… I hate smoking!

Zee
    Vaping won't give you that "first cigarette in the morning head spin" as you're not inhaling all that carbon monoxide, and all the other crap that's in smoke.

I can't confirm if your nicotine is bad or not but a good vaping session should remove the nicotine withdrawal anxiety/stress that you get before you "light up".

What voltage or wattage are you running your device at? You should be getting clouds of vapor from that thing... If you're not you have it set too low.

Edit: oh, and welcome to the forums
    Last edited by Zee; 09-12-13 at 11:09 AM.
    lastchance and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Hi Dexterss

Short sweet answer, yes you must be doing something wrong. Almost 100% of people on the forum are getting results, and with the Provari there is no excuse. What is your location? Maybe a peep local to you can offer some hands on experience.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

I just noticed you said 100% VG. I believe VG provides vapor and PG provides throat hit. Maybe you are missing the throat hit. Also even though I didn't like menthol ciggies, I love menthol juice as it seems to satisfy the throat/lung feel I like.

My first vape was a mix of 50/50 cherry & dunHill @36mg (80% PG).... Haven't had a ciggie since and I smoked for 50yrs .... the exp. vapers say pg is better for flavour...I've tried a few samples with more vg and they don't hit the spot for me ...don't give up, it just may be that you need a different mix ... good luck !

eta... and that was with a 1100maH ego battery ..
    Dr.Roob likes this.

If you are using tobacco flavour juice I suggest trying something different..also 100% vg will be fairly thick if you have not diluted with vodka or water ?...possibly too thick to vape correctly ? I am only guessing the last 2 as have never vaped 100% vg..My juice is usually around 70% pg / 30% vg..Just do not give up..I am sure we will be able to get you vaping like a champ quickly enough..Hopefully some far more experienced vaper than I will be along to offer more help..
    Welcome to AVF
    spud likes this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    The nictotine also takes a little longer to take effect when vaping, so I've read - I've been happy with doing the deed, and not worrying about whether I even get a hit, so it must kick in a few minutes later anyway.
    The vaping delivery is mostly through your mouth membranes, apparently. The inhale and exhale are bonuses in terms of the nicotine reaching your bloodstream.

Apparently. LOL
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Hi Zee, I am running on 4.0 voltage with a1.8 ohm coil unit (standard kanger coil). ( not that much vaper… )

Hi Robray, Im in Sydney.. It might be wise that I attend a meet up.

Hi Donna, some on my juices have a strong throat hit, as I have other mixes that are 50/50

Hi Maggie, I might have to try 36mg

Hi olfella, the base was 48mg nic 100% unflavoured VG mixed with PG/VG 60/40 and some doubler. End resolute was a 24mg mix and yes it was a bit thick.

Essiemessy, possibly I should try vape for 30mins and wait.
    Donna likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hun it should only be a couple of minutes, I think. I wonder if the nic juice is kosher, it it's that unnoticeable.
    I vaped no-nic for months before getting nic in it. I noticed the difference straight away.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Zee
    A fully charged battery is 4.2 volts in theory... Running at 4 volts is like running a slightly drained battery.

With your 1.8 ohm coil 4.2 volts is close to 10 watts of power. So try that...
    And then try 4.5 volts which will be 11 something watts.

You should notice a big difference in the vapor production... About 20%
    Mr Mischief likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast