Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vaping newbie

cam

Vaping newbie

Hi everyone and thanks in advance,
    I've been vaping for about 4 weeks, taken me from 30 analogues a day to around 10 with a kit from Green Smoke. I'm looking to give up completely but still getting the urge at smoko and lunch for a few standards.

Wondering if there's anything that tastes like Winfield grey or PJ silver or is it a case of getting used to the flavour?

Also can i refill my cartomizers instead of buying new ones and having to wait 6 weeks to get them from the USA.

Cheers

What kit you are using cam? The cartomizers are refillable and reusable. Based on what I understand, you may refurbish/cleaning them, and there are plenty of videos on youtube to show you how. Also, consider buying the replacement cartomizers from local vendors, it will save you lots of postage time.

Hi Cam,

It's good to see another local West Aussie around here.

Your best bet will be to re-fill your cartomisers which will be far more cost effective than I imagine you are paying now. You should be able to re-fill them anywhere from 6-10 times as long as you keep them nice and wet and don't let yourself feel the burn before re-filling. Once you burn the filling of a Carto, you will never get that burnt taste out of there.

Have a look around for a tobacco juice that you like, somewhere like Greenhouse One, Heaven-Gifts or Healthcabin can sell you the ejuice at the desired nicotine strength that you are after.

Alternatively, you can buy eJuice Doubler here in Australia and import your own nicotine to mix with it.

If you are still smoking 10 a day after a month, I would urge some consideration of bumping up your current nic level which may help you one by one to cut that 10 a day down to .....?

As to the flavour.....there is a big wide world of flavours out there and the majority of vapers steer clear of tobacco flavours as they just havent been able to perfect the replication of taste of a "real cigarette".

I am sure someone else will have an opinion to share, so let me finish by saying Welcome to Aussie Vapers

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

cam
    I bought a Green Smoke starter kit off the net from US after seeing a mates, after looking through the threads here I wouldn't have a clue what type of kit it is, all I know is that it's a 2 piece unit and a cartomizer lasts me about a day.

AVF Regular
    cam the green smoke that my wife bought about a year ago was nowhere near as good a device as an ego.the vapour production is quite ordinary and unsatisfying.as hack sugested go to health cabin and have a look around and ask questions here.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Hey Cam, Im fairly new to all this too; been vaping for 2 mths now..
    I had smoked at least a pack a day for over 15yrs
    and i havnt had single one since I set myself up with an eGo-T kit.
    I also bought myself 120ml of 36mg unflavoured Nic from greenhouseone
    and have only just gotten through 30mls...
    I mix that down to 12mg with JuiceWhore doublers; ive mainly been on their tobacco flavours which i must say arnt to bad at all...
    They're not like a ciggy; some are sweeter and others more spicy, if i could put it that way.
    But all around better, cos lets face it, ciggys taste like shit.

AVF Regular
    Word of advise I too bought a green smoke kit and for whar I paid 180 for I could have got a better kit from say health cabin.net for $50. Don't recorder from green smoke.

cam
    Thanks again guys, just ordered juice from health cabin to refill my carts and refrained from buying another pack of tailors, hopefully i'll last the 10-17 days till the stronger juice rocks up.

I had reservations about ordering from China because I did get a kit off ebay before my green smoke kit, cost $15 and I can guarantee you get what you pay for. It had no vapour or taste after 1 drag and the battery lasted about 10 drags. It did come with 2 batteries but 1 never worked at all, at least the seller refunded me half the cost but well after the time frame to complain expired.

As for the Green Smoke kit I don't mind the cost outlay as it paid for itself ( 2 batteries, case, charger, usb ciggie and 50 carts for $240 ) in less than 3 weeks and I do like the taste of their Absolute Tobacco and Red Label Full Strength but it took nearly 6 weeks to arrive and a workmate paid an extra $40 for express shipping and it still took 4 1/2 weeks.

At the end of it all e-cigs cost less, are better for me and the missus reckons I smell better so there's a greater chance of gettin some loving!!

All good advice there cam and welcome

Health Cabin are pretty fast on shipping,I'd be surprised if it took that long.

My last order(first order) arrived within the week!

$240 would get you a Prova....I can't say it ;P

Keep reading and researching. There are some really good kits on the market now. I'd get yourself some boge cartomisers and a couple of ego batteries to use them with. And consider an ego-t kit as well. It sounds like the kits you've been introduced with aren't the greatest.

I was lucky and got introduced with the things I've just listed (Ego-T kit with batteries and boge LR catromisers). I stopped smoking the day my stuff arrived and haven't really had one since, over 2 months now. I've since progressed and bought myself a Buzz pro (which is a battery mod), and I've been mixing nicotine with locally sourced doublers. Much simpler and far greater control over the vape, flavour, strength of nicotine etc. Once I knew it worked and was viable I ordered 500ml of unflavoured nicotine from overseas and get everything else locally which is cheaper on shipping and faster.

I'd say that your need for so many analogs at this stage still is a result of not having had the right equipment to date. Everyone has different requirements though so it can take a while to try enough products to settle on your preferred kit/flavours/strength etc but it's worth spending a bit to try out a lot of different things to find your sweet spot.

As for tobacco flavours I was thinking the same way as you when I started. The reality now is that I can't stand either the taste or smell of tobacco and wouldn't want anything that tastes like that in my nice flavoured e-juice. I think that just happens when you completely drop the analogs. I also didn't find anything that came close to a real cigarette flavour when I started but found it better instead to find some mint and fruit flavours that I enjoyed and could use all day without getting sick of them. After all it's really about getting the nicotine into your body with the least fuss at to enable you to reduce and/or stop the analogs. You'll have plenty of time to try juices/flavours but your tastes will change when you drop analogs completely so I'd just try and find something you enjoy that is subtle enough to use all day every day, even if it isn't tobacco flavoured.

Anyhow. Good luck with the search. This thread is about tobacco flavoured juices around somewhere. There's quite a number of others on the subject too if you have a search for "tobacco".

Cheers,

Arkay.
    Last edited by Arkay; 18-09-11 at 04:01 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast