Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Altered1

Thread: Using the Kanga Evod Battery and Clearomiser

AVF Regular

Using the Kanga Evod Battery and Clearomiser

Hopefully, those with more experience could answer a couple of questions.

Firstly, how tightly should the clearomiser be attached to the battery? Yesterday I had burnt taste and the ring at the join (which is where the coil sits) started feeling hot. Today, I've discovered that too loose leads to flooding - yuck!

Second query I guess relates to the first, there seem to be air holes in that ring, does how tightly it is screwed down effect the airflow, and if it does this would effect performance?

Thanks, Deb

Super Moderator
    Hi Deb , as you have found the little airholes on the connector at the base need to have a bit of room to allow it to draw properly ... That depends on the mod/battery you are using , most have little cutouts to provide an airpath , but if the ones you are using do not , then it will make it a stiffer draw ( or in one case it was a hermetic seal on one of my mods with a protank lol )
    as far as how tight , it should just be a firm finger tight , too loose and you risk conductivity issues and heating of the atomiser base itself as the current tries to get to the coil and arcs or struggles ... should not be so tight as you have trouble removing it tho
    One thing to check with Evod and Protanks , is that the coil unit itself is nice and tight into the connector base ... this is important as the coil unit is the contact itself , and if it is too high , it might not connect the battery connector post nicely ... when you put a coil in , it should be level with the base connector thread , or protruding just a touch ... this will give you the best contact when screwing on to a battery .
    Adam and Mathy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks FM, this all started when I changed the coil silly really, all was working ok, but that coil had been sitting in Mt Baker 555 for a few days, so I thought it was a good idea. Should remember what my Dad used to say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", cheers Deb

AVF Regular
    A flush with water will usually suffice deb, you can also boil them, or hit with steam like i do... dry burn, and you are away again. For a vid, search dry burn on youtube

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    Mathy likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

The only reason you would need PG & VG is if you were buying liquid with nicotine as we do must in Australia.

-------------------------
    Try looking for a great Gride Lace Up French Maid Costume that works for your body and skin tone.
    Last edited by MnouJiose; 16-12-13 at 12:15 PM.