Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Non smoker thinking of trying e-cigs

Question Non smoker thinking of trying e-cigs

Hi folks.

I'm a non smoker, though I've had the occasional cigarette on odd occasions and quite enjoyed it. I'm thinking of getting an e-cig and trying it out.

My question is: is this a really dumb idea? All the accounts I've read from vapers are from people who were already smokers, and switched to e-cigs. I know that the smoke is far worse for you than the nicotine, but I also know that nicotine itself is still addictive. If I go through a bottle of this, at 6mg, am I likely to come away with a nicotine addiction? I'm not sure I want to commit to that, I just want to try this as a one-off.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Just buy 0mg or don't at all.

PS This is going to get ugly.
    D1git, Robray, Crisscross and 2 others like this.

If you are a non smoker and already know that nicotine is addictive .. why would you put things into your body that would potentially harm you or be addictive? Vaping is an alternative to smoking.. and as you seem already aware, it is not without risk... If you dont smoke already... dont vape... there is no point... its that simple
    Robray, Cath Mort, spud and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchengoblin View Post
    Hi folks.

I'm a non smoker, though I've had the occasional cigarette on odd occasions and quite enjoyed it. I'm thinking of getting an e-cig and trying it out.

My question is: is this a really dumb idea? All the accounts I've read from vapers are from people who were already smokers, and switched to e-cigs. I know that the smoke is far worse for you than the nicotine, but I also know that nicotine itself is still addictive. If I go through a bottle of this, at 6mg, am I likely to come away with a nicotine addiction? I'm not sure I want to commit to that, I just want to try this as a one-off.

Agree with cop. Why start on nicotine.
    Robray, spud, Mark B and 3 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Hey...if you haven't got a nic habit don't go out n get yr self one..that would be plain stoooooopid....if its for fashion...spend yr money on some new shoes...way better option..:-)

Super Moderator
    don't do it at all. vaping is better than smoking. inhaling nothing is better than vaping.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchengoblin View Post
    Hi folks.

Don't bother, e-cigs are of no practical use to a non-smoker. You wont find anyone here that will tell you this is a good idea.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Agree with everyone....are you freakin crazy or what?! lol!

But I'm also curious. How old are you? What do you imagine vaping is going to do for you? What are your reasons for wanting to vape?

But honestly, I hate being addicted to nicotine; it's a prison. And I don't want to see anyone go down that track....although I know a few people who don't agree, that's just my experience.

Also, even if you take up vaping without nic you might find yourself enjoying the hand to mouth, inhalation thing....and that could very well lead to wanting to add nicotine to the equation.

So really, just don't! Don't do it.
    Last edited by JenJ; 15-12-13 at 04:47 PM.
    Cath Mort, oogy, spud and 3 others like this.

OP is now offline, so didn't bother to hang around and read the feedback. Probably time to put the TF hat on, but something tells me this is not just some random wanting some feedback. Also wondered about the age JenJ.
    Cath Mort, oogy, JenJ and 2 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Let the trolling begin someone must be booored today or feeling a bit neglected
    judging by the user name someone with a grudge
    Last edited by SUCKITIN; 15-12-13 at 04:50 PM.
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast