• 1 Post By Sign me up
  • 2 Post By avtek
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By Pueronline
  • 2 Post By Mathy

Thread: Doublers question

AVF Regular

Doublers question

Hi guys, I've ordered some 48mg 100%PG nic, as this seems to travel and store the best.

I've run into a bit of a roadblock wrt ordering juice. I love Double Apple Shisha from VapeKing (VK), but I can't get it in 100%VG, which would obviously make the mixing pretty easy in a Fuss Free Doubler, for someone who likes to vape at 50/50, or thereabouts. I have sent the people at VK an email about whether they can make it at 100%VG, but in the meantime, I'm after some help in trying to sort terminology out. I mixed my existing Double Apple @ 12mg because I made a mistake and ordered 24mg nic, this is ok if I'm at home and can puff away all day, doesn't cut it when I'm at work, I need to vape at 24mg at present.

When a Vendor says that a Double shot is available, am I right in assuming I get a double shot of the flavour, but it's going to arrive in a bottle that has no room to add my nic mix to?? Meaning that I may need to transfer the contents to a larger bottle in order to arrive at the nic/PG/VG strength that I want?

Can anyone suggest vendors (in OZ) that offer 100%VG doublers, or even some vendors from overseas?

This issue could make a good topic for a 'Newbies Sticky' that compiled the relevant information, as I've been going around in ever diminishings for a week now, cheers Deb

AVF Regular
    Hi Mathy, Juicewhore sells doublers with a 100% VG option, not sure about the fuss free bottles though. I got one of their sample packs which were really nice

Also you might want to shoot Noe a PM, have a look at this thread.
    Last edited by BlackDog; 17-12-13 at 02:58 AM.
    Mathy likes this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

AVF Regular
    Hey Mathy,
    I'm still new to vaping as well and I had similar thoughts as you, and have been wanting to try a 50/50 blend. At the moment the max I have vaped at is 70/30 pg/vg. It's sufficient for me but I'm still curious to try a 50/50. Perhaps we will get a easy solution apart from mixing our own from concentrate.
    Mathy likes this.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

HI I agree with blackdog on this one or if that fails you could always DIY... there are good recipies all over the net and here Diy recipes
    Mathy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Juicewhore do a good double apple shisha.
    VapingMad also do a stellar apple tobacco called Apple Back.

You'd do well to pick up some empty bottles and a 10ml syringe for measuring.

I should note here that not a lot of juices that are labelled 100% VG are 100% VG. The most you'll get is 80, the other 20 being the flavourings which are usually PG based. So while there is no added PG, it's still not technically 100% VG which can cause some confusion.
    This is just intended as additional information, not trying to be pedantic or anything. It caused me a lot of grief when I was looking for VG juice due to how different each vendor labels their ratios. Fortunately, Aussie vendors are super awesome and will happily chat to you about their juice if you send them an email or something
    Noe, fabricator4, spud and 1 others like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post

When a Vendor says that a Double shot is available, am I right in assuming I get a double shot of the flavour, but it's going to arrive in a bottle that has no room to add my nic mix to?? Meaning that I may need to transfer the contents to a larger bottle in order to arrive at the nic/PG/VG strength that I want?
    That's correct. It's only that 'fuss free' doublers that come half full which not all vendors provide.
    Mathy likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    hey mathy - i think the doublers that come in a half full bottle - sometimes called fuss free doublers are convenient when you are starting out - but they work out to be more expensive in the long run with less options and choice for you as a buyer - so long term its good to order some empty bottles for you to mix into

avf forum member noe has some great doublers - i would contact him regarding buying some vg based juice

also avf forum member timmah has just started an aussie juice company selling doublers - he sells the virgin vapors line which is 100% vg

Virgin Vapor Collection (100% VG) | VeryGoodVapes.com

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynxa View Post

You'd do well to pick up some empty bottles and a 10ml syringe for measuring.

I should note here that not a lot of juices that are labelled 100% VG are 100% VG. The most you'll get is 80%, the other 20% being the flavourings which are usually PG based. So while there is no added PG, it's still not technically 100% VG which can cause some confusion.

This is just intended as additional information, not trying to be pedantic or anything. It caused me a lot of grief when I was looking for VG juice due to how different each vendor labels their ratios. Fortunately, Aussie vendors are super awesome and will happily chat to you about their juice if you send them an email or something
    I have a conflict of interest so I will not post anything other than to say Rynxa's post is correct.
    steve.c and Mathy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Mathy and JeffD like this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you all for your very useful replies, I shall toddle off and check out the various choices, cheers Deb
    Noe and JeffD like this.