Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: BCC question from a total noob!

AVF Regular

BCC question from a total noob!

So I received my much awaited package from health cabin today. I've been using the CE4 clearos that came with my ego kit and can't really say I've been particularly enjoying vaping much at all and still smoke ciggies way more than I vape.
    Hopefully now with my new goodies, vaping might be a more enjoyable experience.
    I now have, among other things, some 2.5ml vivi novas and replacement coils, some punched Boge carts (didn't realize I needed tanks with those but that'll be on my next order!) and a 5 pack of Innokin Tidy 510 BCC's. Directions on the box say to remove the top bung, fill with e juice and replace the bung. Now here's my 'noob' question (hope I can laugh at this post in a few years!) is there no mouth piece or drip tip with these?? Do you just vape with the bung on....which of course has a centre hole?? Or can you replace the plastic bung and put your drip tip in? There's no wick that I can see either.
    I'm kinda confused here. Have checked on YouTube but they're mainly reviews. Any help would be appreciated

Just noticed the vivi nova BDC's I bought have no wicks either. I've seen vivi novas and hey definitely have wick. Mine are the kumiho vivi nova. Have I stuffed up with my purchases
    Last edited by Aliyah; 18-12-13 at 02:34 PM. Reason: .

I don't know the answer but the question sure sounds funny! Well done Aliyah.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I don't know the answer but the question sure sounds funny! Well done Aliyah.
    Haha Told you I was a total noob! Lol
    Figured out the 'no wick' part though.

RE wickless, all my earlier clearomisers that came in kits had exposed wicks (hanging cotton thingies). All the later ones have no exposed wicks which personally I prefer. You will find something you like through trial and error. Everyone has different recommendations and opinions.

Personally I like the kanger evod which are under $4.00US each and the good thing is the coils are under $4.00US for a pack of 5 and they just screw into place. They haven't leaked and the threading and tank part haven't given me any problems so I feel that by owning six of them will do me for an awfully long time with just replacing the coils when performance subsides. I got them at HC.

AVF Regular
    Can you give us a link to what you have so we can see what they are. MIT sounds like the kumiho version of aspire. There is no long wick the coil has some polyfil surrounding the coil and that soaks up the Eliquid and feeds the coil. More like a cartomizer. But anyway give us the link and we can be sure.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    clearos like the ce4's are top coil clearomisers. in order for the liquid to wick up to the coil at the top of the clearo, they need long wicks coming down and sitting in the liquid.

with things like the bdc's, they are bottom coil clearomisers. they do have a wick, but it is very small. because the coil is at the bottom of the clearo, the wick is just long enough to stick out the little holes in the sides of the coil where it will be in contact with the liquid and suck it thru. if you get one of the spares out, you will be able to see the little bits of wick in the holes.

looking at the pics of the innokin tidies, i'd say they're just meant to be used with the white bung in them. fill 'em up, leave them for a few minutes to allow the little wick to soak up some liquid, then vape away. i imagine you could replace the bung with a 510 drip tip, but don't know for sure.
    MrGruffy likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The Kumiho's are similar, if not the same just re-branded or clones, as the Aspires.
    They will probably be your favorite, after testing them all out
    When you fill them for the first time, let them sit for 10minutes, then puff on them 2 or 3 times without firing the button(primer puffs) to ensure the wicks are properly wet. After that it will take the first 1/2 tank to get them working properly & then they come into their own.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    The Kumiho's are similar, if not the same just re-branded or clones, as the Aspires.
    They will probably be your favorite, after testing them all out
    When you fill them for the first time, let them sit for 10minutes, then puff on them 2 or 3 times without firing the button(primer puffs) to ensure the wicks are properly wet. After that it will take the first 1/2 tank to get them working properly & then they come into their own.

Noe the kuhimo, anyvape and aspires are identical. Same packaging (except printing) parts are interchangeable. (I bought a stack on sale for Chrissie presents) and compared them with the aspires I got in the co-op.
    Noe likes this.

I'm pretty sure from the description these are the ones (regarding the drip tip question). If I'm wrong Sozzy.

5pc Innokin 510 Tidy Bottom Coil Clearomizer [04-C-4-1] - $4.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

AVF Regular
    If that is them HC have instructions here

How to refill Innokin 510/808 Tidy Clearomizer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast