Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrsgruffy

Thread: Vaping in a No Smoking area

Vaping in a No Smoking area

Hi All Just wondering what experience people have had if the vaped in a restricted area , also have you tried to board a plane with a mod , i would imagine the would look very suspicious on an baggage xray with battery, wires and a liquid tank !!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez123 View Post
    Hi All Just wondering what experience people have had if the vaped in a restricted area , also have you tried to board a plane with a mod , i would imagine the would look very suspicious on an baggage xray with battery, wires and a liquid tank !!!
    I was at Sydney airport 2 weeks ago and just sat in the main area vaping on an ego, and nobody even gave me a second look. Dont know what security would have said if theyd walked by, but i was in full view of airport employees. I vape in my local shopping mall all the time and security never says anything.

Retired Account
    I vape everywhere. What changes is how sneaky I am about it. No need to get into a confrontation with anyone over it, so if I think it's going to be an issue, I stealth vape. Double breathing or in the loo will do it.

I've had several domestic trips with carry on only, and the security had no issues with my batteries, mods or liquids. Just be sure your batteries have their business ends covered or they're boxed and isolated. I dare say all airport security know what vaping gear looks like these days.. we've had a couple of threads about airport security over the last year or so, including where someone had a mod confiscated which resulted (after complaint) on the mod being returned and a formal apology from management. Very unlikely that even an eyebrow will be raised.
    Tash and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    I try not to do it, I'm aware that some people are sensitive to the idea so best to play it safe.

Additionally, some e-liquids smell bad second hand...I liked VM's Apple Back, however the vapor smelt like wet dog so I couldn't really vape it around people.

It's comforting to know that airport security won't bat an eyelid at my gear, going on a plane ride over Christmas and I've been a little concerned about it...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i just did a domestic flight and an international flight, absolutely no problems going thru the xrays which was the part that worried me the most...i wasn't brave enough to vape away in the terminals so i just went into the loo. i did vape on the plane tho, in the loo and under the blanket....when i went to the loo, i didn't hide putting my gear together or carrying it, so the guy next to me asked me about it as he was a smoker and hanging for a cig....gave him a spare carto, shared a batt and vaped away under the blankets together! LOL

around town i openly vape outside, i vape inside at work & home & friends places but in a public buildings i refrain....i am usually rushing around to get things done so a) don't feel the need and b) don't want to be hung up if someone has questions or a problem with it....oh and i don't inside around my daughter, just in case....

AVF Regular
    I generally vape wherever I am these days......I like the opportunity to engage interested parties in a discussion about vaping......there's an awful lot of ignorance (or lack of knowledge) around. So far I've had nothing but positive reactions. I tend not to vape all over people, haven't flown anywhere since I've been vaping but I'm not sure I'd do it in such a confined area as a plane.

AVF Regular
    I'm with mrsg. I vape wherever I want these days. If need be I just hold it in a bit to make the exhale invisible. I don't even think about it any more. It's like driving a car, you go on autopilot and think about other things. Vape, exhale, vape, see danger, hold vapour in, exhale, relax, look to the left, look to the right, move straight along, vape again.
    Last edited by Rose; 19-12-13 at 04:16 PM.

AVF Regular
    +1 to mrs gruffmeister. Vape anywhere, be discreet and respectful where needed ie children are around etc.

I make way to big clouds to vape on planes...