Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: so i have decided to start doing rebuildables and need a bit of help

AVF Regular

so i have decided to start doing rebuildables and need a bit of help

cause i couldnt get my hands on eckowool i thought that id do a mesh sleave with the 2mm SS cord get it looking ok from what ive seen in you tube but on thing happens i light it up and the botton wire burns out and breaks what can i do to stop this ? and other hints tips on rebuildables would also be great thanks

AVF Regular
    3 goes and i got one working only thing is that it only works on my provari under 4v how can i get it to work on my inokin 134

AVF Regular
    Need more information for anyone to help you with this mate. what wire? what ohm's? how many wraps? what rebuildable are you using?

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Um.... I'm new to RBA's too, but some more information, and lets see what we can do to help.

1st Question: - did you oxidise the SS wire ?
    2nd Question: - is the wire or coil grounding on the RBA deck ?
    T7x likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    i got a mesh one to work using i was using 30 Gauge but just orded 32 Gauge im using a rsst with mesh wick since i dont have any ekowool yet then i'll try using that on a Steam Turbine clone I oxidise the mesh and the SS wire and im using 3 wraps geting me 1.2ohm reading on my provari, When i used the SS wire 2mm 7x19 didnt taste that good at all so but think with the ekowool will make it better

T7x
    AVF Regular
    Straight off the bat bro, if your wire is burning and snapping it's a short. that's because you haven't prepared your wick properly, in theory your ss sleeve and ss rope combo would be a nice vape BUT it must be perfectly even AND you need to oxidise it, to do so... well do you have a gas stove? If yes you can use my method, if not replace my gas stove method with some blow torch hits.
    So basically you heat the entire wick while held in pliers until it glows, pour cold water over it, repeat... I like to do this about 10 times, 5 would most likely suffice. If you are rich or something you could use juice instead of water and accelerate the process down to 3 heats. Note, you must heat the entire wick not just the end or whatever, so heat half of it, then flip it in your pliers and do the other half. bam bam 1 - 2 1 - 2 :P
    If that doesn't fix it then your coil is A. Terrible. ( mine always were before I started doing micro coils) or B. it's touching the atomizer somewhere, on the metal surface, such as hitting the deck of your atomizer. Never fire your coil until your coil is completely out of contact with all surfaces except the positive and negative posts.
    Vape happy man, you will get it.
    if you want me to make a video I am happy to show you how to set up a nice SS genny. just say so.
    spud, avtek and Altered1 like this.
    Do you know de way 👺

Quote Originally Posted by T7x View Post
    Straight off the bat bro, if your wire is burning and snapping it's a short. that's because you haven't prepared your wick properly, in theory your ss sleeve and ss rope combo would be a nice vape BUT it must be perfectly even AND you need to oxidise it, to do so... well do you have a gas stove? If yes you can use my method, if not replace my gas stove method with some blow torch hits.
    So basically you heat the entire wick while held in pliers until it glows, pour cold water over it, repeat... I like to do this about 10 times, 5 would most likely suffice. If you are rich or something you could use juice instead of water and accelerate the process down to 3 heats. Note, you must heat the entire wick not just the end or whatever, so heat half of it, then flip it in your pliers and do the other half. bam bam 1 - 2 1 - 2 :P
    If that doesn't fix it then your coil is A. Terrible. ( mine always were before I started doing micro coils) or B. it's touching the atomizer somewhere, on the metal surface, such as hitting the deck of your atomizer. Never fire your coil until your coil is completely out of contact with all surfaces except the positive and negative posts.
    Vape happy man, you will get it.
    if you want me to make a video I am happy to show you how to set up a nice SS genny. just say so.
    I'd say make the vid T7x this is something that would benefit a lot of newbies, a simple gennie set up with ss mesh and coil. I was thinking about asking for a video links thread to be stickied, maybe in the hardware discussion sub forum. Be great to have a place where vid links could go, save having to search youtube, and wasting a lot of time wading through stuff that isn't applicable. What do others think of this idea????

We could showcase some of the vids made by Aussie Vapers members as well
    avtek and maggie like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

I'm toying with the idea of rebuilding, have ordered wire/wick and now just looking for the best/easiest device to start with . any advice appreciated ... never too old to learn ..
    spud likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Another trick which works well on genesis is to wrap a bit of rollie paper around the wick where you are wrapping the coil and then dry burn it off, that will leave a little bit of ash under the coils helping with insulation.

One of the biggest things with genesis on mesh is the tension of the wire onto the wick, too loose and you will be vaping burning wire, and too tight and it will cut through the oxidisation layer and will short, regardless of how many times you have torched the wick.

For this reason some people find it easier to wrap the coil on a mandrel, say a drill bit or a mini screw driver first, install it and then make the wick so it will just fit snugly inside the coil.

Keep at it and remember that if it is not the best vape you have had, then something is wrong
    Last edited by CMB; 20-12-13 at 09:46 AM.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of rebuilding, have ordered wire/wick and now just looking for the best/easiest device to start with . any advice appreciated ... never too old to learn ..
    It really depends on what kind of atty you want to use.
    I would suggest the RSST for ss mesh. This one has a tank. Or an igo-l for silica or cotton and this one is a dripper.
    spud and maggie like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast