Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Advice Re wattage

Advice Re wattage

Hi all i just received My SID I have 1.8 ohm thingies in it so what would you recommend i set the wattage to

6-9w with BCC. Play around nothing bad will happen ;-)

AVF Regular
    i'd start around 5w and go up until you find good vapour and flavour with no burning taste. you'll know if you go too high. each person has their own happy spot. there are wattage/voltage charts around that show optimal vaping levels. i've got one somewhere, but can't find it right now.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i'd start around 5w and go up until you find good vapour and flavour with no burning taste. you'll know if you go too high. each person has their own happy spot. there are wattage/voltage charts around that show optimal vaping levels. i've got one somewhere, but can't find it right now.
    I store all of mine on google:
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=volts+ohm+chart&client=firefox-a&hs=s1D&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=3ZGyUuPENYL7oATnx4HQBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1523&bih=855
    Robray, kay67kay, frodo and 2 others like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez123 View Post
    Hi all i just received My SID I have 1.8 ohm thingies in it so what would you recommend i set the wattage to
    It depends on the device you put on your SID rather than the resistance of the coil, since we are talking about watts.

It's about balancing the efficiency of the wick and coil with the temperature the device works best at.

For bottom coil devices like Protanks with factory heads, 6 - 6.5 watts will normally do it unless you are only taking a few puffs then putting it down again. For drippers and Genesis, start at 8 watts. Dual coil devices can easy require 12-14 watts as long as the coils are correctly balanced. Cartos and top coils I no longer use, but I'd be wary about hitting 7 watts.

If you change the wicking material and other parameters of the heads you change the wicking efficiency, and therefore the power that is required.
    avtek likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I use 9 - 10 watts on most of carto and clearos. I use 10 - 12 watts on 1 ohm (most of my build is around 1 - 1.2 ohm) RBA/RDA. But everyone's sweet spot will be different so won't go wrong if you start from lower watts and adjust higher (or lower) to suit your taste.
    Rossco likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
    I use 9 - 10 watts on most of carto and clearos. I use 10 - 12 watts on 1 ohm (most of my build is around 1 - 1.2 ohm) RBA/RDA. But everyone's sweet spot will be different so won't go wrong if you start from lower watts and adjust higher (or lower) to suit your taste.
    As you can see here Tez this is exactly what porkchop is talking about. He vapes at 9-10 watts, where I sit at around 8- 8.5 watts. That's with an Aspire bdc 2.2 Ohm clearomizer.

AVF Regular

There is a some good ohms law calculators out there. I have1 on my tablet simply called ohms law calculater. You only need two out of 3 variables and have a wide range of options to work from.

But, as has been said, at the end of the day you need to muck about and find your own personal preference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast