Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: What kind of vendors should I be made aware of?

Question What kind of vendors should I be made aware of?

Hi.. I know I hang around abit but I still find dealing with different vendors confusing.. without naming any names or insinuating anything what would be the best way for me to choose a vendor for my hardware and juice.. is there anything I should be aware of?

Never buy a starter kit with only one battery and one clearomiser. You will need at least 2 of everything.
    You should average somewhere between 10cents and $1.00 per ml for juice with or without nicotine. Anything over $10.00 for 10ml and you could be being ripped off.
    If an overseas Vendor says you will receive your goods within 2 or 3 days from ordering, it's possible they are misleading you. Even DHL quote 3-7 working days from most overseas destinations and that is from the time the order is picked and packed and collected by the courier or postal service.
    Last edited by Donna; 20-12-13 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added stuff

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Watch out for slick expensive and condescending advertising. You will be paying for it.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    Hi.. I know I hang around abit but I still find dealing with different vendors confusing.. without naming any names or insinuating anything what would be the best way for me to choose a vendor for my hardware and juice.. is there anything I should be aware of?
    Hey Oogy great idea for a thread

In my opinion all new vapers should do their research, before they begin their vaping journey. I can't stress this enough, and this forum is a great place to start. I would be taking the advice of experienced vapers, and buying from those vendors that are active on this forum, reading the reviews, and even engaging with the vendors on here that are open and honest about their business.

I would be avoiding OS vendors, or even Australian vendors that use unethical business tactics such as geo-blocking, this tactic is designed to force consumers to buy at inflated prices that are well over and above what the product is worth, or what the consumer can buy from other countries.

I would also compare a number of vendors prices and range, and look for the best deals.

I would look for vendors that don't attempt to lock consumers into further purchases as well.

Some vendors use the lack of knowledge of new vapers to try and sell them outdated, or simply not very good, vaping equipment and ejuices at inflated prices, this is a disgusting practice, but one that any new vaper should be aware of. Its not just small fly by night outfits that use this practice, it can also be large well known companies, and new vapers should be aware of this also.

Noes newbie list, (stickied at the top of this sub forum), is a great place for newbies to start.

I'm sure others will have some great ideas for our new vapers as well, thanks for starting this thread
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Customer service, prices, fuel saver dockets
    oogy and spud like this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    I haven't found a "1 stop shop" yet. I have a couple of Aussie sites I buy from (I like to support good Aussie vendors, even if it costs a bit more......"a bit more" being the operative term) and a couple of OS vendors depending on what I am after. If it's OS, I'm not in a hurry as postage can be some time.
    oogy and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I'll add a few thoughts:

Cross check prices on at least 2 comparable sites, and buy from vendors that have good feedback on here.

You will pay a bit more for local vendors. They have to order, stock the products, and eat, so don't expect the same price as an OS large shop. Supporting the local economy, Faster postage, Australian warranty and an Australian voice on the phone are the big plusses for local suppliers.

Be aware of copy products. They are cheaper for a reason, can you live with that ? I'm not suggesting you buy original when a copy will do, just be aware.

Don't forget to order the odd stuff like adapters / drip tips / empty bottles / extra coils / extra wick / extra battery Use this small cheap stuff to top up your order to the max weight limit for your postage charge.

If it's vital, think of getting 2.

Waiting for OS postage is a PITA

Vape on !
    Robray, oogy, spud and 2 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I buy pretty much everything from a few Aussie vendors who have been excellent!! Only things I have bought from OS is my nice juice, provari and my first batch of premixed juice.
    oogy, spud and maggie like this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    If you want to use a BIG name vendor, shop around. Some are cheaper than others. This is not a recommendation, just what is available if you want a better deal than is being offered by the BIG name here.

Official Playboy Vapor Collection Site | Disposables, EGO's, Starter Kits, Refill cartridges and more...
    mrsgruffy, oogy, maggie and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I'm a newbie, however, I have pretty much worked out that the batteries are the easy part of the equation. Solve that, and a beginner will get a suitable clearomiser/whatever in their kit, I would suggest buying a few more clearomisers/whatever in their kit, so as to make the next stage of the process easier. Eventually, said Newbie, will want to purchase more glorious and satisfying batteries/mods

Juices are where the hard work lies, and therein lies the need for more clearomisers/whatever. As a Newbie, one spends one's time and money seeking the Holy Grail - the ADV! Eventually, one realises that this may not be one juice, hence the need for multiple clearomisers/tanks/whatever in order to keep a variety of choices readily to hand.

I need a multiplicity of vendors who understand this issue, who are prepared to communicate via email and who are happy to post to OZ. I'm happy to say that I've used approved Vendors on this site, and I have no complaints, cheers Deb
    Robray, gtadmin, oogy and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast