Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Clearomizer Questions

AVF Regular

Clearomizer Questions

These are the clearomizers my questions are about,
    V3 EGO Stardust Clearomizer
    Triton Tank Clearomizer

1. How long will these last before I need to replace the coils as a rule?
    2. Can I clean them? I have watched videos on YouTube of this being done, just would like to between vaping different E-Liquids. So I am not getting residual taste please share the best methods for doing this.
    3. What resistance of coils is best high or low, low or standard?

Thx in advance I am sure I will get some informed answers to my questions.

I love these forums!

AVF Regular
    1. depends on your usage. I cleaned my CE4's every week. but they were non replaceable coils. I got 6 weeks from mine before I got a better clearo... they are in the bottom of the emergency bucket now.

2. yes, just like in the vids. but I clean mine with a milk frother attachement on the coffee machine. Then dry burn. if you are just changing liquids, you can rinse with water and dry burn. I put one dot of nail polish on one for use with menthol, 2 drops on another for use with fruits, and a third with three drops of nail polish for use with tobacco flavours.... menthol will stay with the clearo....

3. personal preference, and depends on the PV you have. I use 1.8 ohms on these types of clearos with an ego battery. higher ohms with a VV mod as it will auto adjust for the increased resistance.
    maggie and Donna like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I had 3 different versions of the CE4 stardust style and personally didn't like any of them compared to the Kanger Evod. Have to say though they were probably not genuine. I agree with Altered except I didn't ever get 6 weeks out of them. I would say 3 weeks between changing coils on the rebuildable ones and even less on the non rebuildables. The cotton would start to disintegrate particularly with dark coloured juices which were my favourites at the time. I only ever had two going at once so they got a fair workout. In regard to cleaning them, I found I could not get rid of the old taste easily but I didn't know about dry burning at the time so this will probably help.

The way I clean my Evods now is to rinse well in warm water, sit in boiling water until the water cools, do it a second time with clean boiling water and then dry thoroughly overnight by sitting on paper towel. Then attach just the coil and base to the battery and hit the button for about 8 seconds until I see the insides glow orange, do it again if I need to and give it a tap and blow to get rid of any residual and then away you go. Some people rinse again after dry burning but I haven't found I needed to.

Personally I think it is good value for money to have a few clearomisers and several new coils because you want to try new flavours all the time and it is so much easier to clean several of them at once. Also I have found that if I change the coils every 4 days or so for cleaning, it tends to prolong their life because the liquid doesn't gunk up as much.

I don't really know much about the technical side of the ohms but 1.8ohms works well for me on the ego t's, ego c twists and the MVP.
    Altered1 and Apoc like this.

CCC
    Just chuck em when they turn to crap. I usually get 50ml through 1 before it needs chucking. 50ml for me is about 2 weeks! That is about $2.50 per WEEK! What did u used to pay for smokes?
    giruvian likes this.

CCC
    And low resistance

AVF Regular
    i treated my first CE4's like gold donna - I had no choice, and nothing beats a good clean regularly in prolonging the life..... YMMV
    Donna likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I still use the 3 vision pure clearos i bought from Ecigsa. with 2 egos as start up in Oct. .. and only thrown out 1 coil too, the 9 coils I use are rinsed ev'ry few days in rotation and never had any leaking.flooding,dry hits etc. ..they're great little clearos imo but I don't see them mentioned anywhere else... I now have a few tanks but always use these VPures for taking out with me. they take the same coils as the 5ml Vision Victory which is another plus
    Donna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I still use the 3 vision pure clearos i bought from Ecigsa. with 2 egos as start up in Oct. .. and only thrown out 1 coil too, the 9 coils I use are rinsed ev'ry few days in rotation and never had any leaking.flooding,dry hits etc. ..they're great little clearos imo but I don't see them mentioned anywhere else... I now have a few tanks but always use these VPures for taking out with me. they take the same coils as the 5ml Vision Victory which is another plus
    Sounds like you got quality from the beginning. I just tried to look them up but their website is closed for the holidays.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Just chuck em when they turn to crap. I usually get 50ml through 1 before it needs chucking. 50ml for me is about 2 weeks! That is about $2.50 per WEEK! What did u used to pay for smokes?
    +1

can't be arsed with cleaning them. Just bung in a new one. Keep a different clearo for each flavour if you're wanting to swap around all the time.
    CCC and aniangel like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

The only other places I've seen the VPure 2ml are Heavens gifts and some Irish vape site .. can't remember now but the replacement coils are easy as they also fit the 5ml Victory and the Vision V.Tox BBC .. can't understand why they're not more popular .... must be a reason but I find them okay
    Donna likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast